San Anselmo, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
The secret of St. Anselm's success is simple - genuine focus on the things that matter in life - Followers of Christ, Academically Prepared Individuals, Intellectually Engaged, Technologically Responsible, Humanitarian Citizens. St. Anselm delivers on all fronts. The teachers and administration are intellectually engaged, caring and true team players. The children are happy, age appropriate and genuinely care about each other and the world around them. What more can you ask for in life?

St. Anselm School 1

Posted December 15, 2014
Not TWO reviews written on June 16th, but FOUR. this looks a little suspicious, and all with five stars! This was definitely NOT the school of Christian values that we had hoped for. The administration was downright frightening. Most of the teachers were great, but in the end, very disappointed. Our child suffered serious emotional abuse from the administration of this school. Look elsewhere.

Posted June 16, 2014
The best education, community, and private high school preparation in Marin. I highly recommend this fantastic school to anyone looking for the right place to send their child!

Posted June 16, 2014
St. Anselm School is the jewel of the Ross Valley. The students are well prepared for highschool and have an outstanding reputation among the private schools in the Bay Area.

Posted June 16, 2014
I can't thank the Middle School teachers at St. Anselm enough for the amazing experience my son has had since transferring there after a year in public middle school. He loves school, his friends, his teachers and has truly flourished since we joined the St. Anselm community. My husband and I are so thrilled and strongly encourage other families to look at St. Anselm !

Posted June 16, 2014
A wonderful community of learning with inspiring teachers, strong administrators, and active parents! I'd recommend this school to any parent looking for strong academics and a great all-around experience for their child!

Posted November 12, 2013
Probably the best parish school in Marin County. Constantly leeds both public and private schools in test score while developing a well rounded child. Parent involvement is encouraged and there are numerous ways to be involved. From volunteering as a CYO coach, sitting on the Advisory board or just showing up for the dad's boosters events, there is something for everyone.

St. Anselm School 3

Posted April 27, 2011
St. Anselm's has a very high level of parent involvement, but I have to agree with the parent who first brought up the "in group." Our children attended St. Anselm's for three years before we changed schools. While many of the parents - mostly the new families - were extremely nice, there was definitely a very exclusive clique of parents who go beyond being unwelcoming to the point of being outright rude. These pretentious (with no reason to be), leisure-suit-wearing, ladies who lunch ruined the entire school experience for us. We were also disappointed in the academics, feeling that our children actually regressed in the years they were there. Those who love St. Anselm's really love it. But it's not for everyone. I would recommend getting a good feel for who the parents would be in your child(ren)'s class(es) before making any decision.

Posted October 19, 2009
If you're open to faith and value based education, you're not going to find a better, more honest, K-8 school. Hand over your child for nine years and you'll cry with delight when you see the poised, engaged teenager at the end. The academic standards here are high, if children are in over their head, there is help but, if you care that your child be a straight A student, this may not be the place because the emphasis is on the 'whole child'. Doing well means more than getting good grades and, the school lives and breathes this philosophy daily. My children love the school and their teachers. This isn't the place for the uninvolved parent or parent who feels they should be able to tell the teacher what to do. It isn't for everyone...just a lucky few.

St. Anselm School 0

Posted April 08, 2008
I was surprised to read to review from the parent that mentioned the 'In Group.' Having started at another school, and joining St. Anselm four years ago, my 3 children, my husband & I couldn't be happier. It seems that no one is EVER happy. This is a small school with a tremendous parent body. I've never had such great friends, as the ones I've met @ St. Anselm's. If you're a Catholic, you are lucky to have this School as an option.

St. Anselm School