Posted June 16, 2014
The best education, community, and private high school preparation in Marin. I highly recommend this fantastic school to anyone looking for the right place to send their child!

Posted June 16, 2014
St. Anselm School is the jewel of the Ross Valley. The students are well prepared for highschool and have an outstanding reputation among the private schools in the Bay Area.

Posted June 16, 2014
I can't thank the Middle School teachers at St. Anselm enough for the amazing experience my son has had since transferring there after a year in public middle school. He loves school, his friends, his teachers and has truly flourished since we joined the St. Anselm community. My husband and I are so thrilled and strongly encourage other families to look at St. Anselm !

Posted June 16, 2014
A wonderful community of learning with inspiring teachers, strong administrators, and active parents! I'd recommend this school to any parent looking for strong academics and a great all-around experience for their child!

Posted November 12, 2013
Probably the best parish school in Marin County. Constantly leeds both public and private schools in test score while developing a well rounded child. Parent involvement is encouraged and there are numerous ways to be involved. From volunteering as a CYO coach, sitting on the Advisory board or just showing up for the dad's boosters events, there is something for everyone.

St. Anselm School 1

Posted August 06, 2013
I would steer anyone from sending their child to this school. The Christian Mission statement and the actual practices of this school administration are outright frightening. Children are not spoken to with respect when adults are not around, and you would have to be pretty hard up to choose this school when there are so many other wonderful choices to choose from.

St. Anselm School 3

Posted April 27, 2011
St. Anselm's has a very high level of parent involvement, but I have to agree with the parent who first brought up the "in group." Our children attended St. Anselm's for three years before we changed schools. While many of the parents - mostly the new families - were extremely nice, there was definitely a very exclusive clique of parents who go beyond being unwelcoming to the point of being outright rude. These pretentious (with no reason to be), leisure-suit-wearing, ladies who lunch ruined the entire school experience for us. We were also disappointed in the academics, feeling that our children actually regressed in the years they were there. Those who love St. Anselm's really love it. But it's not for everyone. I would recommend getting a good feel for who the parents would be in your child(ren)'s class(es) before making any decision.

Posted October 19, 2009
If you're open to faith and value based education, you're not going to find a better, more honest, K-8 school. Hand over your child for nine years and you'll cry with delight when you see the poised, engaged teenager at the end. The academic standards here are high, if children are in over their head, there is help but, if you care that your child be a straight A student, this may not be the place because the emphasis is on the 'whole child'. Doing well means more than getting good grades and, the school lives and breathes this philosophy daily. My children love the school and their teachers. This isn't the place for the uninvolved parent or parent who feels they should be able to tell the teacher what to do. It isn't for everyone...just a lucky few.

St. Anselm School 0

Posted April 08, 2008
I was surprised to read to review from the parent that mentioned the 'In Group.' Having started at another school, and joining St. Anselm four years ago, my 3 children, my husband & I couldn't be happier. It seems that no one is EVER happy. This is a small school with a tremendous parent body. I've never had such great friends, as the ones I've met @ St. Anselm's. If you're a Catholic, you are lucky to have this School as an option.

St. Anselm School 3

Posted May 30, 2006
I know there are lots of parents who are really involved at St. Anselm, but if you're not 'in the group' then you'll definitely feel like an outsider at times. The other parents are friendly, but we found that invitations for after-school get-togethers and even birthday parties were limited to those who were already 'in the group'. The academic side of things is quite good, although we were disappointed that the 1st grade teacher did not send regular homework. Just a few minutes a night at this age is great prep work for the 'real' homework kids get as they progress through school. Her philosophy is that there are enough hours during the school day to get everything done. We disagree.

St. Anselm School