San Bernardino, CA

Posted April 10, 2014
If you would like your kids to receive an actual, useful education... don't send them here. I graduated from this school. We learned about the Bible. That was pretty much it. The teachers do NOT have degrees and most of them finished school (Gateway) the prior year at 5th, 6th and sometimes 8th grade levels. I'm NOT exaggerating. They are NOT qualified to run a classroom. They basically give you a workbook (PACE) and if you need help they refer to the answers in the score key. The diploma is NOT accredited and if you ever apply for a job that checks for that they will require you to get your GED. I've seen it happen to former classmates. If you send your child here for even 1 year and then transfer to public school they will be so far behind their class.

Gateway Education Center 2

Posted May 18, 2011
The school is a Pentecostal Christian school which gives rise to proper behavior, but while learning behavior the curriculum is very outdated. The work is very mundane and not very challenging. For students who lack diligence in boring work they will not progress well. I do not believe this school is for many, but for some, it may help.

Posted July 15, 2009
my son was having difficulty in regular schools and his grades were dropping. he is a GATE identified student but the teachers were too busy to help him when he needed it. We were very lucky to find Gateway. They cared and helped him find his confidence again. I have to respond to the comment below. The teachers are very intelligent and appropriate for the cirriculum given. Almost every kid that goes there succeeds after graduation and if you are bold enough to say that the rules are too 'pretty and are begging to be broken', you deserve your child to do just that and be punished for it. This school taught my son respect and success in acting proper.

Posted May 15, 2009

Posted June 18, 2008
I would not recommend sending your child this school unless they have serious willpower to succeed. The curriculum is not a very good one and the 'teachers' are not required to have a degree. The Pace program is designed for the child to be able to do most of it on their own but even the smartest student needs help and the most of the staff are not knowledgable enough to give it. The Christian enviroment is a great one but the school has petty rules that almost beg the kids to break them.

Gateway Education Center 3

Posted January 30, 2006
This is a pretty cool school.

Posted December 20, 2005
- a former student

Posted June 01, 2004
- a staff
I am both a staff member at Gateway, and a parent. After enrolling my sons, I was so impressed with the curriculum and with the dedication of the staff, that I made the decision to become a staff member myself! I have worked at the school for 9 years, and I love it! This is a school that is able to emphasize a high standard in academics, while promoting a positive christian environment. The A.C.E. curriculem used provides for a wonderful one-on-one interaction. As a christian parent, I appreciate the Biblical Character Traits that are taught along with the academics. The small school atmosphere makes it possible for the staff to really get to know each student as a person! Check it out for yourself, and see what a difference Gateway can make for your student.

Gateway Education Center
4380 North 4th Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92407
(909) 882-2080
Last modified Gateway Education Center is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Gateway Education Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top