Public charter
San Bernardino, CA

Asa Charter School 4

Posted July 31, 2013
ssad to hear bad things about this school...i was at first sketchy about this school as well due to the look of the school, but as i engaged as a parent, which more need to do, i realized this close nit family-type staff is amazing! !! the principal is ALWAYS into something:)..the teachers are constantly involved and know most students by first name. The first grade teacher also has written for and was awarded a grant on the schools behalf. they have also started a garden that the student planted themselves last year in which the food will be added into the students lunch menus!!..which other school is doing this?? the only downfalls are there is no library as of yet but is in the making..and there is little to none parent cooperation. there was a small committee and the girls were awesome but somehow they were the only ones throughout the entire year!! For parents that wasnt to get involved this school is a great place to start!!

Asa Charter School 4

Posted May 29, 2013
ASA is getting many bad reviews, eventhough many people don't know behind the scenes. The Principal works countless hours through her holiday and vacation times to improve the school. Teachers work beyond their hours to prep, grade, improve the school, clean, and do extracurricular activites that they are not being paid for. When reviewers say they only care about their paycheck, it is a one sided view. ASA has had assemblies, a musical, various field trips, and teachers who give 200%. I'd like to see any other "regular" school teacher or administrator do the things they do.

Posted April 25, 2013
This school is cheap for all its funding ,All my fellow students dont like the teachers all the teachers care about is there next pay check not our students

Posted February 20, 2013
This school is terrible. The teacher my child had didn't care about kids and is just getting a check. Do not send your kids here for elementary school. The teacher only act when there is a complaint made. I truly feel as though this school is just collecting money for the number of kids in the school. There is no accountability. Kids have complained of food poisoning teachers with bad attitudes and teenagers running all over campus unsupervised. This school is not for young people. The school as clearly lost the ability to handle the children it is taking. If I could not pick even 1 star I would not.

Posted December 14, 2010
MY KIDS HAVE GONE TO ASA FOR 5 YEARS AND UP UNTIL THIS YEAR I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY SATISFIED. I GUESS THEY HAVE A NEW PRINCIPAL AND SHE IS NEVER AT THE SCHOOL. THERE HAVE BEEN NO FIELD TRIPS, NO ACTIVITES, NO SCHOOL PERFORMANCES. MOST OF THE GOOD TEACHERS ARE NO LONGER THEIR BECAUSE THE PRINCIPAL HAS GOTTEN RID OF THEM. I AM VERY UNSATISFIED WITH THE SCHOOL THIS YEAR. I AM IN PROCESS OF ENROLLING MY KIDS IN A DIFFERENT SCHOOL!!!

Asa Charter School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
I love ASA because it is a small school with a small student to teacher ratio and we all know that that is one of the key components so that no child is left behine.

Asa Charter School 5

Posted April 26, 2010
My experiance at ASA was great! It gave me three years of high school I never would have done at any other school. It gave me courage, strength and the independence I needed to get through a tough time in my life. I had a very great teacher and I'm thankful everyday for him ( Mr. D'alo ), he always took the time to talk with me and make sure I was understanding and progressing in the work I was doing. Very good school for kids who are smart and like taking charge of thier lives.

Asa Charter School 3

Posted August 18, 2009
Overall I really like the teachers the put great effort in makeing sure my children are learning and all the teachers treat the children with respect and dignity. my children have been there for several years and my oldest child loves to be challenged with her education and her teacher has did alot to make sure learning is understandable and fun Great thanks to Ms Rice.

Asa Charter School 5

Posted August 08, 2009
I love Asa! I believe this is the best school in the area. Its like a big family there everyone knows everyone and they all seem to get along. We love it!

Asa Charter School 0

Posted July 27, 2009
We have both of our children attending ASA Charter School and we're extremely satisfied by the level of education they're receiving there. ALL the teachers there are credentialed and the school follows a curriculum that is exceeds the state's requirements: http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/

Asa Charter School
3512 North E Street, San Bernardino, CA  92405
Last modified Asa Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asa Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top