Bad
Good

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School 5

Posted August 03, 2014
I love this school. This will be my third year attending this school and I have had an amazing time. The programs are great and they have added back a lot of sports that we used to have many years ago, and I'm glad. The music program is great; I am in Orchestra and Drumline and the trips and experiences and friendship and invaluable. Although I think the dress code can be a little excessive (ex. prohibited to wear gloves) and there's a particular teacher no one can stand, I think that this school is exceptional and any parent considering to enroll their student should because they will have amazing experiences, as in going to Knott's Berry Farm (once for music and again as a school-wide trip). A 6th grade teacher has recently added a Speech club and students in the Speech/Debate program at Cajon come after school to train us so the student attending can have a head start at Cajon. There is also an advanced math clss for the advanced students, which starts 7th grade year (taking Algebra 1 while other kids take Pre-Algebra and taking Geometry while your classmates take what you took last year). This is my last year and I will miss this school so much, and it has been a blessing.

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School 5

Posted June 11, 2014
My 7th grade year just recently ended and now going into 8th grade this will be my 2nd year at CCMS . Yes they may have a ridiculous dresscode and annoying principals and office staff that don't help much but I really did love all the teachers I had in 7th grade and ended up actually having one of the best school years , suprisingly. overral I love this school.

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my daughters second year, she is now in 8th grade. Last year she had a teacher that admittedly yelled and mistreated students. Principal is aware, this teacher is still there. This year they are so focused on a ridiculous dress code it is crazy. I general this year her teachers are good and she is is doing well, except dress code. Out daughter dresses appropriately however school is very petty in this area.

Posted January 24, 2013
this school is the best in my area my daughter has learned much extracurricular activities are very good, my daughter is in eighth grade and has been at this school from the sixth, I really like and I'm very pleased that my daughter is in this school

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School 1

Posted October 14, 2010
Excellent teachers, but horrible administration. Both principal's values and morals in general are all together degrading. Absolutley cannot stand the school because of them.

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2010
The school is boring the some teachers dont know how to teach! there are too many rules. They give us a rule book and when we use it against them, the principles they get all mad and still punish us for no reason. we do have okay field trips but we always have to pay just to go to them. they expect alot out of us when we are just kids. we have 2 security guards and they pepper spray the kids when they get into fights. i don't think they should pepper spray them unless they are going out of control. We do have a big mu room and field though. If you are considering your child to go then be my guest but make sure he will be ready for all the work they will give him.

Posted March 02, 2010
This is coming from a eighth grader who has been attending this school since 6th grade. First I will address the problems being addressed by the lovely parents who sat down to write their own review that they have based on the information they have witnessed and/or been given. It is true that a small percentage of the student body is of a delinquent posture, but I strongly disagree with the term 'bullying' to be a reference for these students. Furthermore I do not believe these students as a good influence no but I think if anyone were to be influenced by them are weak and lack will power. These years make the students into what they will be in the future. If any parent thinks this is a bad school trust me if you have taught your child to have courage and resist peer-pressure they WILL succeed. This school is like any other, for no one can tell me a public school is not poisoned by peer-pressure. Also, I am familiar with the office issues but let me tell you if you show up and act stubborn you'll get your way and if there's a mistake c'mon who hasn't made a mistake? The teachers are great and really want you to do well if grades are low they're always giving opportunities to do well. If there are any issues the staff isn't the problem. Even my own grades are my fault( I still have a 3.0). Trust me it's a great school and gives students opportunities that are unavailable anywhere else. Thank you. Im in IB and learning Spanish!!!

Posted January 14, 2010
My son is in the IB program, and is doing very well, he is an 8th grader now. 7th grade was a little hard for him, as kids now have no respect for others. It all starts at home! we as parents need to show our kids respect. CCMS teacher's are doing a great job with our students. Im very pleased with the school. Its a beautiful school.

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School

Posted December 23, 2008
i love this school it has been the best for me

Posted December 09, 2008
My daughter is in the 7th grade and in her 2nd year at CCMS. I like the school, I feel like some of of the front office people need more training on how to deal with issues and parents, Instead of just saying 'I'm not sure'. The majority of the teachers are awesome! I have no complaints about them, except for the amount of homework my daughter gets. I guess that is all part of the IB program. I think that if you are active in your childs education and progress you should have no problems. There is organization and communication. What more can you ask for!

Cesar E. Chavez Middle School
6650 North Magnolia Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92407-1914
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. (909) 386-2050
Last modified Cesar E. Chavez Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.