Posted November 19, 2014
Do not sent your kids to this school unless you want to see they fall behind on their grade level. The longer students are behind, the more behind they get. And the school is not going to do anything about it. Half of middle grade teachers resigned or got laid off last year. Ms. Girard is the terrible, inexperienced principal. She definately is not a leader who both recruits and retains high-quality staff. This school is also lacking to provide the quality of administrative support. The API scores are low every year!! I am very disappointed.

Posted May 14, 2014
As a parent of two children at Norton, I have nothing but praise for the school. Both of my children excel and love their school. The staff welcomes parents to be involved in school activities and in the classroom. The administration is dedicated to the children's safety and education. The teachers are all enthusiastic about the school. I have recommended it to friends who now love it as well. I highly recommend this school as a parent and I know my children would recommend it as well. I am very happy with the education my children are receiving. Both of my children will be bilingual/biliterate by 4th grade! Norton offers a dual immersion program, immerses the students into University life, introduces them to a third language and expects high levels of success! Please do your research in dual immersion, state testing, and take a tour of the school before you allow test scores to discourage you from allowing your child to thrive in a strong educational and unique environment. The test scores for this school are misleading and emphasis should be placed on whether these students are able to effectively read and write in 2 languages within 5 years. I would recommend this school!

Posted April 28, 2014
A grandparent (career teacher): my granddaughter has gone to kindergarten and first grade at NASS and has really enjoyed the school and her teachers. I have picked her up often and enjoyed the treatment that I received from all of the employees. Consider to be a very caring school staff.

Posted April 21, 2013
My child is currently enrolled. He is in the 2nd grade. I agree the school is not as great with recent changes. It is a lab school. As of now. I am tired of my son being a LAB RAT. This will be his last year attending. Student teachers need to be supervised more, Outside/bathrooms need to be supervised. Thier are only a FEW teachers that have the gift to teach. They need more of them. I really didn't wont to give up on this school, but this is my child's education and he has been so stressed out about these tests, because they need better test scores My child is 7 he shouldn't be stressed. Unhappy parent.

Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy 2

Posted March 11, 2013
The school has taken a terrible turn since Ms. Corea left and Ms. Girard is a poor, inexperienced Principal. The teachers are not as communicative as they were under previous leadership - I hope they address their management issues soon!

Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy 4

Posted October 10, 2012
I have 3 children attending NSAA. My oldest son has been attending NSAA since its inception in the 1st grade and my twins are now in kinder. Overall, I am very happy with the education my children are receiving. The teachers are excellent and up to date with the current dual immersion research. The new administration has been very attentive. I have had very positive experiences with the psychologist and other support staff. Unfortunately because of the current educational climate and the emphasis placed on state testing, this school does not appear to be making academic progress. However, if you research how dual immersion works, it takes 5 years for students to become proficient in 2 languages effectively. Yet we are only measuring these students using english. In 2nd grade the students at NSAA are being taught 80% in spanish! It is not until 4th grade that students are being taught in both languages 50% of the time. So in a nutshell, the test scores for this school are misleading and emphasis should be placed on whether these students are able to effectively read and write in 2 languages within 5 years. I would recommend this school!

Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy 3

Posted October 07, 2012
As a new family to this school (child began kinder) it has been a rough beginning, simply because of the office staff. They are not friendly, professional, or kind ... not a great welcome as one has to go through them to access any other part of the school. On a very positive note, the teachers seem to really believe in the immersion philosophy, and seem very structured and professional. They are patient and well educated. I think if one can get past the exterior look (bad neighborhood, ugly campus, unfriendly & unhelpful office staff), the interior has a lot of good and a lot of potential. We still aren't sure how long we will last ...

Posted June 18, 2012
I transfered my son to Norton in the 2nd grade as he is very bright student and needed a challenge that our local school was unable to provide as the GATE Program was unavailable until 4th grade. We were promissed the world at Norton and I feel the school did not deliver. My son was always on the Principals Honor Roll at our local school yet he never received any awards for anything other than attendance, was that due to the majority of the childeren were not doing well?. When I asked the Prinicipal at Norton about a GATE Program all I was given was some paper work about what definded a gifted student and I guess she felt my child didn't qualify. My local school that has over a 900 STAR test scores average was thrilled to have my son back for the 5th grade and was tested and immediatly iand placed in the Gate program. I guess if you do not live inan area that has great school and exceptional teachers Norton might be a good choice. They really lack in excellerated reading program, music program, Gate Program, lunch menu. Don't even get me started on the school and how they deal with the kids who cause problems. Should my kid be punished for another students actions?

Posted June 15, 2012
I have it on good authority that this is an excellent school for my granddaughter to attend.

Posted November 26, 2011
I am proud to say my son goes to NSAA. My son has been there since the school opened, he began in Kinder there. He is now in the 3rd grade, speaking, writing, reading and translating in full Spanish. I couldn't be happier with how our son has excelled; I look foward to his future and how he will have the career opportunities that my husband and I didn't. We live in Perris, and have a long drive everyday, but because he has done so well in both English and Spanish, there isn't an option to change schools. We see it as investing in his future.

Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy
503 East Central Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92408
Last modified Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norton Space And Aeronautics Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top