Public charter
San Bernardino, CA

Posted December 06, 2014
I participated in the school's career day providing information on military careers. I was very impressed by the facilities and positive attitudes of the students and staff. A good indication of the school's success was Ms Allen, the school principal's, full participation in the day's activities. Lt Col Gerald Duckett, USAF Air Force (Retired )

Hardy Brown College Prep 3

Posted May 16, 2014
Hardy Brown College Prep in my opinion is great for younger children but they drop the ball at the 4th and 5th grade level. They should from the first school year when they discovered that they couldn't get the older kids to adapt to the structure. My boys attended for two years and I took them out because the school structure was crumbling. The principal was out of control, my son had 3 teachers the first quarter and the couldn't come up with a safer environment for PE. Great for grades Kinder through 3rd, downhill after! Get your kids in Richardson Prep for middle school!

Posted April 02, 2014
My children have attended Hardy Brown since Kindergarten and are now in 3rd and 4th grade. I would not go back to public school if they paid me. The curriculum is great. The knowledge that is obtained is surprising to their older siblings. That makes it all worth it. If as parents we paid more attention to what is being obtained then what fun and games my kids are playing. We would have a lot more scholars in the community.

Posted December 23, 2013
My daughters have been attending since kinder-they r now in 2nd and 1st grade. The teachers are amazing! They teach in all different ways so all students are able to pick up the lesson. If a student is falling behind not only are u notified weekly of ur students progress but they attend school during fall/spring break to catch up. The class rooms range from 23-26 kids depending on enrollment. Since parents have to commute kids to school some who use public transportation often drop out because of commute :( my 2nd grader is reading at a 6th grade level. They teach children from kinder that college is the finish line not high school. Parent involvement in mandatory and it brings a sense of community to the school. I will say although this school is targeted to african american students it is increasingly become diverse-which as a hispanic mother of mixed kids I love to see. The teachers all have cell phine issued by school and u are able to reach them via text/phone until 7pm every day for any questions/concern u have. The first few years were rough but the problems have been fixed and most kinks have been worked out.

Posted November 23, 2013
I was at a San Bernardino City School Board meeting recently. They were expressing concerns about the state of black student achievement in the district, which continues to be low. The one bright spot is Hardy Brown College Prep. Over and over board members and community members sang the praises of what's going on at Hardy Brown College Prep. The students are well prepared academically and well loved. There is tons of parent involvement and a positive environment. This school is one of the best things happening in San Bernardino.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is a good school. It may have its issues but what schools doesnt. My daughter attened kinder her last school year and was on the honor roll every term. Her reading and match was excellent. Thrn we moved to fontana so I put her at her new home school and lets just say it was down hill from there. She went from honor roll to unsatisfactory. The teachers at most regular publoc schools dont take the time wto work with students like they do at hardy brown. This school truly lives by the moto no child left behind they dont just preach it. Im currently in the process of having my daughter re enrolled its so worh the commute!

Hardy Brown College Prep 3

Posted August 14, 2013
Overcrowded classrooms... The fifth grade currently have 36 students in one class. The teachers are over worked and the school has an extremely high turnover teacher rate with and average of three teachers a year in grades 5and up. There's more to a child than high test scores, HBCP does not seem to care about other aspects of A child's development. There's no recess and P.E. is overly structured. With nine hours in school children needs to be able to run and/or play freely.

Hardy Brown College Prep 1

Posted June 11, 2013
Hardy brown college prep, In my opinion the school is not up to par...My child has been threatened, hit, and mistreated by other students and the staff seems to have trouble controlling the children. They promise smaller classes and individualized attention, not so, my daughter was in a class of 35 children and fell between the cracks. the teachers are ok but they have very little support from the administrative staff. If I could do it over, I would just deal with the public school.

Posted May 20, 2013
I am a parent who actively participated in starting Hardy Brown College Prep. I saw my child's self-esteem and educational goals being trampled while she attended a "more seasoned" school. Of course things aren't perfect but in the end, our school and our children are a reflection of us. I'm just happy to "see" African American parents at the school. I also worked for a large school district and you may have seen 1 or 2 parents at the school representing and fighting for their child's education. Sad to say, often times we (meaning African Americans) don't succeed because we are too busy trying to tear each other down. I am thankful and grateful to Fortune Schools for all that they have done and will continue to do for our children. I will continue to work with and support the school in every way I can. Remember: This is a choice school. Your child does not have to attend.

Posted May 09, 2013
Hardy Brown College Prep is an awesome school. I have a 5yr old who attends, and he has a wonderful teacher. One of the things i love most is that the school isn't over populated, which allows teachers to give each student that individual attention as needed and the staff and faculty are familiar with all the students. The atmospher at Hardy Brown is warm and inviting, and I recommend Hardy Brown College Prep to all parents.

Hardy Brown College Prep
136 Carousel Mall, San Bernardino, CA  92401
Last modified Hardy Brown College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardy Brown College Prep Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top