Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The school is great! Many of these reviews are old and aren't an indication of the current success of the school, nor is it a true reflection of the current staff. Old comments should be deleted. This is a school that focuses on helping our young scholars go to college; something that doesn't occur in most public schools. I appreciate all they are doing to help our young generation succeed. We need more schools like this one.

Having read some of the other rrviews I agree that the principal is not very good. She doesn't seem like she knows what she is doing an stands away from parents. And there is a very high turnover of teachers. Teachers quit often so there is no teaching consistency

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Teachers Kinder through first have been consistent, Upper grades suffer a huge turn over. There are new teachers flowing in every couple of months.

I participated in the school's career day providing information on military careers. I was very impressed by the facilities and positive attitudes of the students and staff. A good indication of the school's success was Ms Allen, the school principal's, full participation in the day's activities. Lt Col Gerald Duckett, USAF Air Force (Retired )

Hardy Brown College Prep in my opinion is great for younger children but they drop the ball at the 4th and 5th grade level. They should from the first school year when they discovered that they couldn't get the older kids to adapt to the structure. My boys attended for two years and I took them out because the school structure was crumbling. The principal was out of control, my son had 3 teachers the first quarter and the couldn't come up with a safer environment for PE. Great for grades Kinder through 3rd, downhill after! Get your kids in Richardson Prep for middle school!

My children have attended Hardy Brown since Kindergarten and are now in 3rd and 4th grade. I would not go back to public school if they paid me. The curriculum is great. The knowledge that is obtained is surprising to their older siblings. That makes it all worth it. If as parents we paid more attention to what is being obtained then what fun and games my kids are playing. We would have a lot more scholars in the community.

My daughters have been attending since kinder-they r now in 2nd and 1st grade. The teachers are amazing! They teach in all different ways so all students are able to pick up the lesson. If a student is falling behind not only are u notified weekly of ur students progress but they attend school during fall/spring break to catch up. The class rooms range from 23-26 kids depending on enrollment. Since parents have to commute kids to school some who use public transportation often drop out because of commute :( my 2nd grader is reading at a 6th grade level. They teach children from kinder that college is the finish line not high school. Parent involvement in mandatory and it brings a sense of community to the school. I will say although this school is targeted to african american students it is increasingly become diverse-which as a hispanic mother of mixed kids I love to see. The teachers all have cell phine issued by school and u are able to reach them via text/phone until 7pm every day for any questions/concern u have. The first few years were rough but the problems have been fixed and most kinks have been worked out.

I was at a San Bernardino City School Board meeting recently. They were expressing concerns about the state of black student achievement in the district, which continues to be low. The one bright spot is Hardy Brown College Prep. Over and over board members and community members sang the praises of what's going on at Hardy Brown College Prep. The students are well prepared academically and well loved. There is tons of parent involvement and a positive environment. This school is one of the best things happening in San Bernardino.

This is a good school. It may have its issues but what schools doesnt. My daughter attened kinder her last school year and was on the honor roll every term. Her reading and match was excellent. Thrn we moved to fontana so I put her at her new home school and lets just say it was down hill from there. She went from honor roll to unsatisfactory. The teachers at most regular publoc schools dont take the time wto work with students like they do at hardy brown. This school truly lives by the moto no child left behind they dont just preach it. Im currently in the process of having my daughter re enrolled its so worh the commute!

Hardy Brown is a joke this is a military type run school. the kids are not even not allowed to smile in class. they are only kids once for Gods sake we have to stand in hallway like cattle to get our kids after school, parents not allowed in office after school. long days are for the school to get more money thats all . they not about the kids. the principal is not friendly at all i am taking my kids out.

Last modified Hardy Brown College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.