K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have a detailed bully policy and work very close with students so they can hear their conversations and understand the source of challenging behaviors to work on relationships!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Lots of communication and love administered when encouraging and correcting children. They are allowed to be themselves and express themselves.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers take the extra time to get to know each students and create an individual plan that best meets their needs. They also have a full time Special Helps teacher to offer pull-out classes or push-in helps.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

This school does not assign homework for elementary, instead it teaches kids how to study and review notes.

I am the principal of the school and also have my 2 children attending. They are both in High School and receiving a quality education by caring teachers. We are completing our WASC Accreditation process this year, 2017, for our entire K-12 program. Come and schedule a tour to meet our staff and see why The Rock is different and the best new Christian school in San Bernardino/Loma Linda!!

The Rock is truly an amazing school, my normally shy daughter has truly come out of herself due to the teaching and leadership that has been provided. My daughter struggled with her grades at her previous school, but at The Rock she has become one of he top students in her class. She actually loves school now where before she hated it. One of the things I love about the school is the innocence of the kids, even in the higher grade levels you will find kids acting like kids instead of trying to be adults by rushing to grow up. If you are looking for a great school to place your kids you could not go wrong with The Rock. I will say that one of the other reviewers must have chosen the wrong school in her review, my family has attended The Rock for the past 14 years and has never experienced any of the things that she states. How could a church that gives away almost one million pounds of food per month be considered uncaring?

The Rock Christian School is a wonderful school. I am a mother of three boys and couldn't be happier with the environment at this school. The teachers and staff are friendly and the curriculum is great. My boys are able to learn and have Godly friendships at the same time.

"The Rock Christian School is the best thing to happen to this community and to my children they're putting God back in school, where He's needed." The Rock Christian School provides an 'A Beka' curriculum that is challenging each of my children to perform and learn ahead of their grade level as well as incorporating daily lessons from the Bible. Each of my three boys enjoys their teachers and what is being taught and the class ratio is a huge part of it (25:2) it's great to have them want to go to school each day to learn more. The Principal and Staff are always friendly, informative and willing to talk to a child to make sure they are doing their job as a student. The school has adopted Renweb into everyday functions and it is proving to be a great tool to keep on top of lessons being taught, homework, testing, class projects, report cards, progress reports and school announcements. As a family we are thankful for what The Rock Christian School offers and we are taking advantage of all of it.

This is the best school around San Bernardino. The child to teacher ratio is amazing (23 to 2) the curriculum is one of the best (A beka) and the school itself is truly legitimate and very clean. The teachers are friendly and always keep communication with the parents. I get emails for important dates and friendly reminders. The front office staff also keeps us informed with important information. The school is growing rapidly because it is such a great school. They teach my 3 children that attend there the importance of prayer and how to have a true relationship with God. If there's ever a problem the principle is quick to fix it. I love knowing my kids are in great hands. Not to mention my 1st grader is reading at a 5th grade level and my kindergartner I'd reading at a 3rd grade level. Just wow.

I was very disappointed with the staff at this school. The education was great and my child enjoyed it but that is if you can get passed the constant lies and hypocrisy present at this school. I will not have my child attend the next school year. Myself and numerous other parents share in the concern of the staff and constant lies and manipulation. I knew of over 5 students pulled out of this school this school year alone because of the constant lying from the Principal. When I spoke to a friend who pulled her child from the school and left the Church altogether, she explained to me it was the best thing she could have done for her daughter. Another issue is if you are not an extremely active member of this Church, you and your child are treated very differently. These people are fake and I do not want my child taught the word of God from people who don't practice that lifestyle themselves. The Church isn't much better, they are constantly badgering you for money, they aren't welcoming and if you are not apart of their group you aren't worth their time.

Last modified The Rock Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8