Bad
Good

Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2013
First of all, I dont like the fact that the cafeteria is so small and all the kids don't fit. They are always runing out of food. I also had to complain about a 4th grade teacher who kept using the word stupid with the students. When my son told me I called the principal and asked to stay anonymous because I didn't want the teacher to know it was my son who told. The next day the teacher called me and said that the principal had told him that my son made a complain and that my son was lying. I was furious. My son is not a liar. He is in the gate program and is a very good student. Not one of his teachers has ever had a complaint about him. How can he think I was going to believe him over my son. I was just so dissapointed in the unprofecional way they handled that matter.

Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2012
I'm so happy we got a new principal, the receptionists aren't the friendliest but who cares, some rude teachers but Mr. Mathis the school counselor is great and great music classes with Mr. Usher. Great GATE program!

Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2012
i simply wish there was a better system for backpack storage space for the children when they arrive to school.. and i wish they had more space to sit and eat in the cafeteria. I cant believe this is something we want the kids to think is acceptable way to eat. where in society is this going on besides prison? and can we please plan and prepare enough food for all the children? dont we know how many students we have. why are we running out of food and waiting an extra hour to feed the kids?

Posted August 06, 2010
I like this school a lot they have excellent teachers , school leadership and the academic program it is wonderful.

Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2007
Sharon Swan is an excellent administrator and has done a fabulous job of leading the school since Mr. Salinas' retirement. The teachers are dedicated to the arts and show a commitment to the kids which is rarely seen in public school. The academic programs, particularly the GATE program are challenging yet engaging. The school suffers from poor test scores as a reflection of the student body, not as a reflection of the academic programs or school leadership. My children have appreciated the sense of family the administrators and teachers work hard to establish at the school. The performing arts program is unique in the state. The school puts on a quality program at the Sturges every year, and every year I find myself in awe of what these children are able to accomplish under the quality supervision of these dedicated administrators, teachers, and staff.

Posted February 22, 2007
Though the school is in an economically challenged area, the school is a wonderful school. They take great care of the students. The teachers work very hard to give quality education. I have not seen excessive behavioral issues. I am so pleased my child is a student in this school.

Posted May 07, 2006
Children First is the moto of the principal. Children are encouraged to attain academic success while being given all the esposure to the fine arts-instrumental music-choral music-drama/stage craft/stage productions-art appreciation and more. The staff is very careing. Parents are encourage to get involved in their child's education, to volunteer at the school.

Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School
2699 North California Street, San Bernardino, CA  92407-6714
Last modified Manuel A. Salinas Creative Arts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.