San Bernardino, CA
Students enrolled: 1,013

Posted March 28, 2010
I love this school. My child is a G.A.T.E student. His Math and Language Arts teachers, are very good at keeping in contact with the parents. I regularly get a email from both teachers with updates on my son. They let me know if there is a problem or if hes doing well. They never center him out. They always take the time to discus things with me. My sons Language Arts teacher even provided me with helpful information on raising a G.A.T.E child. I have personally never had a problem with any of his teachers. They've always been very attentive with him, When hes had problems, inside and outside the class room, they've always been there to talk to him. Not to mention the school is very clean and kept up nice.

Posted March 12, 2009
best school ever even though scores are not GREAT the kids learn a lot!

Posted November 04, 2008
I love this school i use to go there it is so much fun and the teachers are great

Curtis Middle School 3

Posted October 03, 2008
I like the school but I do not like the how the kids have to walk to school especially when there is alot of kidnappings and child molestaions going on,my daughter has to walk to school @ 5:30am to get to school on time.

Curtis Middle School

Posted February 29, 2008
this school gets a 5 from me. my children excelled while at this school and carried over the skills that they learned to high school where they are doing wonderful..

Posted July 19, 2007
first of all this school is very great my daughter goes there and she has good grades and the teachers are great sports academics is great in volleyball.the involment of parents is not much that's the problem not much but after all its good.

Posted May 23, 2007
Curtis Middle School has not only been the most improved school, but now has reached an outstanding third place.

Posted November 22, 2004
One great thing about CMS is that they have a highly qualified staff. The administrators and staff work as a team to ensure that every student works to his/her greatest potential. Teachers meet twice a week to collaborate on improving curriculum and assessment of their students. The school utilizes a coaching plan, where once a month teachers observe one another, and later get together to discuss strategies on how to improve learning. Since the school focuses on teaming of students, discipline problems are minimal. The school-wide discipline policy is consistent from one team to the next, and we all know that consistency is key when working with middle school students. Last year, CMS had the highest API growth of all elementary, middle, and high schools in the entire county of San Bernardino, for the second consecutive year.

Curtis Middle School 1

Posted June 15, 2004
Curtis has not complied with 'No Child Left Behind Act' because several students have been left behind day after day. The Principal and his staff discriminate children on the basis of children behavior. Instead of helping the children overcome their behavior, Curtis places these children in an all day one classroom with one or two teachers in charge and a very poor curriculum. Children are discriminated from obtaining good quality education. Curtis expend more time scolding these children than educating them. Their Principal and specially their Vice Principals act as accusers and not as Professional Administrators towards these children's needs. Using their favorite words they said, 'When a child is disrupting constantly, in class we place him in this opportunity classroom...' when in reality there is no opportunity at all. They cannot educate these children because they care more about sending these children out of school on suspension or expulsion.

Curtis Middle School 1

Posted June 20, 2003
I am extremely glad that my son will no longer be going to Curtis Middle School.My son, who's been in RSP since kindergarten, was not sent to his RSP classes at Curtis,which are special classes that focus on bringing a child with learning disabilities up to grade level. As a result, my son regularly brought home D's and even an F for the first time ever. When special projects were assigned like research reports, I helped my son on the computer and as a result, he was 'docked' on his grade because he got help from me(as per the comments attached to the grade on these reports), even though my sons learning disabilities prevented him from completing these tasks without help(like RSP). Discipline at Curtis is minimal at best, with groups of bullying kids beating up on weaker children with little or no consequences to the bullying kids. If discipline was administered, the bullying kids as well as the victim were punished for fighting, because authority figures at Curtis didnt go the extra mile to get to the root of the problem. I'm grateful that my three older children did not have to endure Curtis as their middle school. Unfortunately, the only child of mine requiring special help, my youngest, was sentenced to Curtis, where the only thing accomplished for him there was low self-esteem. If any parent finds that their child has been sentenced to attend Curtis, I sincerely hope that you do everything in your power to transfer your child elsewhere!

Curtis Middle School
1050 North Delrosa Drive, San Bernardino, CA  92410
Last modified Curtis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Curtis Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top