Del Vallejo Middle School

Public | 6-8

Living in San Bernardino

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted April 5, 2014

Honestly l can say that Del Vallejo is a horrible school there are only a few good teachers that give hands on support and learning skills I have a set schedule so I can only speak on behalf of my teachers and former teachers Mrs Kelly Payne was an amazing teacher she was kind and caring also Mrs Deborah Lee is an excellent teacher she is strict but loves her students and really deserves more credit at this school and Mr wisner is really awesome and Mrs v and finally Mrs Brown the school nurse these are people I personally admire for their patience and kindness also all lunch staff and janitorial staff the kids here don't have any respect our discipline this school is the worst experience of my life I'm happy to be leaving this year but those teacher and staff members are extraordinary and really deserve allot of credit

Posted July 17, 2011

This school is nothing but horrible... The teachers are not caring and do not call back when I have placed phone calls to them. Every time I come to the school I see students are cursing out staff members and nothing seems to be done to discipline them. I feel that a dress code needs to be in place. The little girls and yes I said little girls are dressing like they are adults. I can see why this school is talked about in a negative way. I will not allow my child to come back here.

Posted April 18, 2011

When I learned that my son was not going to continue his education at Rodriguez prep academy for his 7th grade year, I was a bit alarmed about him coming to Del Vallejo Middle School because of all the bad that I heard about the environment. We are coming to the end of the school year and it has been nothing short of a BLESSING. My sons teachers are wonderfully caring and are more than willing to keep me posted concerning my sons academic and behavioral progress. My husband and I are truly greatful, we are especially greatfull for his ELA teacher. At the beginning of the school year my sons grades and behavior were challenged all through the middle of the year but now his grades have significantly improved and so has his behavior. Thank you.

Posted August 29, 2010

I loved going to this school. I was a good kid when I began and a good kid when I left. I was proud of my school when I left. Being a Jaguar left me proud when I moved across the states to Illinois. I learned a lot from my teachers. I even had a great Drama teacher I got to explore my creative side with (yes... the OCD teacher WAS a great Drama teacher *SMILE* lv u!) I've had more pride (now I'm 32) in my life from then to share with my daughter now who I wish had what I did then. Thank you Del Vallejo. I wish you well!!!!

Posted September 22, 2009

Students run the school. No discipline! Students are not held accountable.

Posted March 24, 2009

i think the school is a well plan out community for young teens to get an education with have a great expirance of learning.

Posted September 21, 2008

I was a student at Del Vallejo and i would like to say it is not a bad school.It is the students. My teachers were great and where caring for our grades.They did what was best for us.

Posted August 18, 2008

I was a student at del vallejo middle school and I will let you know that the teachers are caring and will teach what you need to know but I hated the school it was a wreck dont send your children there

Posted March 27, 2008

I believe this school lacks caring and professional mannered leadership. The lack of communication between parents and teachers is unthinkable. I pulled my son out of Del Vallejo because of the lack of care or concern for his best.

Posted October 3, 2007

I am also a teacher at Del Vallejo and I would like to counter the following statement which obviously came from a teacher that lacks the sufficient intelligence and knowledge to speak accurately about the leadership at this school: 'This school lacks leadership and direction from the administration. Teachers are not supported. This is a very unsafe school! ' Even our students know (see Nia Knox statement) that our California state test scores continue to increase every year. This is due, in part, to several great leaders and innovators. We have a great Positive Behavior Support Team that has really done a great job to eliminate the type of behavior from students that is not conducive to learning and make this school very safe. Our administration is responsive to the needs of all teachers with regard to discipline and academics. I am very happy at Del Vallejo. - DV Teacher
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 25, 2007

Del Vallejo is a really excellent school. Despite all the bad things people say about it, Del Vallejo still stands strong. The school provides a support class during your elective period for students that are falling behind on any core subjects. DVMS also has CAPS, Saturday School, (for extra help on Algebra and Language Arts. If you attend Algebra classes on Saturday, there's a very high chance you will get AP on your CAT6 exams) ASB, a yearbook and video yearbook, lots of electives, (includes but not limited to: music, art, computer lab, etc) sports, (volleyball, softball, basketball, soccer) and there will be a lot of school events and dances this year! DVMS has definitely improved. I highly recommend this school to parents and students. It is NOT a bad school at all. And this is coming from someone who actually goes there now.

Posted July 6, 2007

I am a student at DVMS and I, for one, love the school. I know people say that we are an irresponsible school, but when the time comes to buckle down and learn, we do so. That is shown by our school's test scores. So take this from an actual student of DVMS for three years, an avid student for two, when I say the students are bad and violent, but we are smart enough to know not to jeopradize our future. I am a Del Vallejo Jaguar and I am one of many proud students to say that. - Nia Knox

Posted May 21, 2007

The lack of ability in the academic programs is not the fault of the staff. Del Vallejo does not have recognition for academic strengths throughout years. Many programs such as AVID, GATE, and many more, have helped students surpasses their problems in many different terms of education. The environment around Del Vallejo shows how a school can achieve goals under ever circumstances. I am a student at Del Vallejo and I am proud of my school

Posted April 12, 2007

I am a student at Del Vallejo Middle School. Well the programs are poor at the school but the staff is so friendly. Also, they say there is ruckus in the classroom that is not true.If you say our school is a bad school I would have to say that is so false because it's not the school it is the students and I really don't appreciate people lying about the school I attend. We have a wonderful staff, some wonderful students, and okay programs. It's the parent invovlment!

Posted April 5, 2007

The academic programs offered at Del Vallejo were very poor, availability of music arts and sports were not there, and very few parents participated in anything. I was a student of DVMS for 3 years, it is very unsafe, very uncomfortable to attend, and does not teach you much. I would never send my own kid to a school like this. The only good thing about the school was a few good teachers, which no longer work there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 2, 2006

The school is good. The area and the people in the school can not blame the school for their own social economic disadvantages. The school expells the bad kids when needed and praises the good kids. Kids will be kids. Teachers may improve with the mandatory training they all are having in the whole san bernardino districtl

Posted January 25, 2006

—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 1, 2005

Beware! This is a horrible school, it offers no electives, i.e. wood shop, home economics,foreign language,no pep squad,band,photo... .The classrooms are caotic, .Theres no dances, and i felt guilty sending my daughter there.

Posted November 3, 2004

My son has gone to this school since the 6th grade. There has been many changes to the school. They have improved there physical education department by adding weights and bikes. They have also redone their caferteria. They reconize the students and their hard work on academics. They have after school and Saturday classes for student who want to excel in certain subjects. We recently moved and after looking into the school in my area we chose to stay with this school for academic reasons they were the best. My son gets A's and B's. We owe it to the staff and teachers because they care about students and want them to suceed.

This school's

(2012)

1 / 10

3 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

1 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

3 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

264 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

265 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

228 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

342 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

302 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students26%

Parent education - high school graduate14%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)34%
Parent education - college graduate21%
Parent education - declined to state16%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students9%

• Year-round
Fax number
  • (909) 881-8285

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now