Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

fter starting my kids at the new Paakuma K-8 school last year, we were ready to return to Kimbark. Unfortunately, it was obvious it was not the same school that it use to be. I attribute this to multiple principals that dismantled many programs and positive activities. Many teachers left too. Two years ago there was so many opportunities with the steam productions and stem activities. It is a shame to see that there is nothing going on anymore! Principals come and go because of the challenging and difficult culture at Kimbark. The last principal we had had many many great changes challenging teachers to build academic proficiency. They also had great field trips for all grade levels. My children thrived in this environment. Not sure where to go now? They keep talking that they are closing Kimbark? Wish things could go back to when students were challenged!

Develops character: Strongly agree

New rules and school initiatives were desperately needed. I think some of the parents could use this training too.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are many teachers that are fully committed, however, that are some that do not operate fairly or appropriately with students/children

Great teachers! Great staff! Could use some improvement in some areas, but what school couldn't!

Unfortunately, many do not understand that not all parents, communitie members are allowed to enter the campus as they use to. This is due to the Sandy Hooks incident, where children and staff were killed. I am glad that the school has cleaned up some of the safety issues. Sometimes change is to make things safe for schools. That is my priority as a parent!

After reading the posts from 2012-2013 I have decided to speak out on my feelings. We have had children attending Kimbark for the last 12 years and have always loved this wonderful family oriented school. That is until this year! The new principle has turned this once close knit community school into a remote cold institution. In the past the teachers and staff were friendly and went out of their way to make the parents a part of the students learning environment. Now we as parents are not invited to help in the classrooms and are treated like interlopers we show up on campus. The teachers continue to be exceptional at this school but the new principle is doing her best to alienate the parents and the local community from this school. And the environmental program is being dismissed by this new principle as well. Our family has always loved and supported Kimbark but are now considering taking our child to another school next year.

After reading the most recent reviews, I felt it was my responsibility to write. Agreed, my son is not happy with some of the new principal's changes, but after we talked about it and got down to the nitty gritty, they were really just small issues, like the salad bar being moved. Kids don't necessarily adjust well to change, especially when a new principal comes in and takes the place of the former beloved one. I asked my son specifically if he is allowed to talk at lunch, and he said yes, "with Level 2 voices." I asked him if anyone yells at them to hurry up and eat and he said no, that they let you eat and gently remind you it's time to go. I don't know the new principal very well, and have not had much interaction with her, so she gets the benefit of the doubt from me until I hear differently from my children. This is not to discount anyone else's complaints - this is just my experience. All that aside, we have loved Kimbark since the first day. Every teacher we have had in the past four years has been a blessing to our two children. They are both challenged academically and I know that each of their teachers has had their best interests at heart.

Let me just begin by saying I'm not a whining or complaining person. Both my grand daughters attend Kimbark and my oldest has been attending since kindergarten, over four years now. I find the teachers to be friendly and caring and easy to talk to about anything. My oldest grand daughter is an exceptional student who has earned citizenship and perfect attendance awards. We've been very happy with the school - until recently. Since the new regime took over this year, my grand daughter has had to throw away her lunch before finishing on three separate occasions because she was talking. This hasn't happened in the previous 4 years. Apparently there is a no talking policy at lunch now at Stalag 13. Now she is also experiencing bullying from a group (Gang) of girls who follow her around and curse at her and call her names. This has been brought to the attention of the new principal who chooses to ignore the problem going so far as to call my grand daugher a liar. WHAT THE HEY!!!!!!!! My grand daughter is a great student and would rather go to school than take summer vacation. Now she cries every morning because she doesn't want to go to school anymore.

My kids have come home everday from school complaining or crying that they have to eat in silence at lunch time. My son told me tonight i dont like the new principle she is so mean. I have come to the school on two occasions to deal with situations regarding my son. I have personally experienced her rudeness.

Wow! what can I say,Kimbark used to be a great school,but not anymore. The new principal is uncaring and very cold. The students are treated like prisoners at lunch time and have to stay silent, while the custodian watches them on the stage, while being yelled at by staff to hurry up and eat there lunch.The new principal is changing things so fast that parents can't even catch their breath. I have talked to other concerned parents and they all feel the same way. What a shame!!!!!

Last modified Kimbark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.