San Bernardino, CA

Monterey Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
Plz d e l e t e m y r e v i e w b e l o w

Posted March 23, 2013
My child has been attending this school from kinder through 5th and is getting ready for middle school. Its been a really great experience for us and he has thrived here! we feel that the teachers are great and has a good atmosphere given location. He is definitely prepared for middle school and will have a hard time saying goodbye to the friends he has made but this school is doing a great job with its students.

Monterey Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
This school is constantly getting spray paint with graffiti, running out of food, in passing i hear teacher talking overly stern to students, they rinse the dishes for 5 seconds and call it clean, my child worked for a week b4 I removed her. Teachers seam to not have a clear understanding of proffesionalism. there is more effort and money put into the hispanic traditions and holidays than African American. Students there are cliques and fight all the time

Posted August 07, 2010
I have worked at Monterey for over 7 years as a teacher. I know first hand that we are very close. We care about our students and their success. We instill a strong work ethic, and strive to challenge our students. We provide support for students in need. We have also improved our test scores for 3 straight years. We have professional growth meetings, where we identify the needs of our students, and plan instruction to meet our students' needs. We believe in our MODEL program, teaching students to be safe, responsible, and respectful. Most teachers have been teaching for over 15+ years at my school, and still are passionate about what they do. Many of us spend our free time after school helping students (without pay) because we care. I love making a difference in the lives of children at Monterey Elementary!

Posted July 01, 2010
Wonderful teachers, excellent and very professional staff, great Principal and good atmosphere to work. three consecutive years inproving on Test Scores.

Posted June 07, 2009
I like this school i have 5 kids 3 went to this school their great teachers. Now i want my other 2 kids go to this school.One is 3 and the other is 4 i see that their the same teachers.

Posted April 18, 2008
The school and staff are wonderful, very involved and very nice.

Monterey Elementary School

Posted April 07, 2004
My son went here last year. This school didn't challenge or inspire my child. The teachers have very little experience and didn't seem to care about the quality of educations their students receive. Needless to say, that is the reason why I re-enrolled my child elsewhere.

Monterey Elementary School
794 East Monterey Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92410
Last modified Monterey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monterey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top