San Bernardino, CA
Before care: Yes

Newmark Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
The school and some of the teachers are descent. The principal is rude. My daughter is in fourth grade and has been going to this school since first grade.At the beginning of the year the principal has started to not allow parents on campus and its so nerve wrecking because anyone is allowed on campus as long as they say there going to the office. I would call and complain and the people above the principal said she will get to know who you are by the end of the year I told them my daughter has came here for three years I would volunteer and the principal still doesn't know who I am. I met the counselor once and she knows who I am and who my daughter was. the lady in the office also knows who we are the principal just doesn't make an effort to learn who the students are and get to know the parents either. They need a new principal!

Posted September 10, 2013
My granddaughter is in third grade has been at newmark since preschool. From day one she has excelled . She gets top scores in test, and she helps teachers out . She has excelled due to careing teachers they go beyond just teaching they teach like these are their own childeren . There has been some bullying buy since the parents don't care I put my little angel in marital arts she merely had to do a few kicks and stances to stop the bullys . They don't like fair fights . But other than parents lack of participation this school is the best. My kids have gone here for 15 years

Posted August 20, 2013
My son is in the 3rd grade and he is striving he has great test scores he is loving school yes there is a bully problem but that is the parents problem who is teaching these kids right from wrong they are learning these behaviors somewhere. My son is autistic and if there is a problem I am there to deal with teachers or other parents or staff as I am his voice and trust me with him being mainstreamed there are bullying issues as others don't understand him but it is my job to protect him and explain things to him and the staff at ofthe school we can not blame them for the bullying it is a team effort of the parents and staff to stop bullying and protect the children all of us

Posted May 27, 2013
My son went to this school. The principal has no compassion for the victims of bullying. We went there in 2008-2009. It was horrible. The teachers witnessed him get beat up on the playground. He finally broke down and exploded in the classroom. Ms. Trika kicked my son out for being the problem. Asperger's is a problem? That's discrimination. She is crazy. She cannot handle the children or their parents in this school. If you need support, get on Stand for the Silent. It's very much a support group. We also offer each other supportive suggestions and share our experiences. Mr. Kirk Smalley from the movie "Bully" is the administrator and has to accept you into the group. I am trying to start a chapter of his Stand of the Silent.

Posted May 25, 2013
This school does NOT implement the "No Bully Policy" at all. I do not recommend sending your child their unless you want them to be a bully or be bullied. If you have concerns about bulling, you will eventually learn that your child is NOT safe going to this school or even riding the buses home from this school.

Posted August 31, 2012
Newmark school has again been honored for their academic excellence with a Title I award. This school and it's students are achieving because of the love and time given to it's students during the day and beyond the regular day. You will find many teachers tutoring for free after school to help children get to grade level. You can see the self esteem and pride in these children as they are achieving. . Teachers are not responsible for full classes.. Newmark has a wonderful educational program that includes building self esteem and compliments the growing of the whole person to be a positive part of society. This is evidenced in the morning announcement where skills are taught for social and emotional development with the guidance of a wonderful school counselor. Teachers at the school are challenged with very large class sizes and challenged with parents who have trouble making it to things such as open house. I personally know teachers who work late nights and weekends with devotion beyond what could ever be expected. This school is overall wonderful in most every aspect , and they will continue to work for the students so their future will be brighter!

Posted August 07, 2012
School overall is horrible in every aspect. Its over crowded has problems with bullying. Teachers also bully the students always punishing by taking away all recess' for forgetting homework. I have seen staff yell at the students and be rude to parents. Students have to kneel when the recess bell rings on the hot ground. Are forced to walk home with large, heavy text books because the rooms are so filled they are not allowed to bring backpacks. Students are forced to wait until thier 10 minute recess break to use the restroom. These people are not in it for the kids, they are not there to teach but to drill students to get better test scores. The playground is bare and segregated between age groups. This school is like a military school. If you want your children to grow up with self esteem you will not enroll them in this school. My son has been attending newmark since kinder and all the good teachers he use to have are gone and replaced with teachers who do not care for the needs of the students nor willing to meet with parents to address thier concerns. I hope more parents get involved and really find out how thier kids are treated so this school can change

Posted October 13, 2011
I completely agree with the last comment posted. This school is AMAZING and I can not wait for this school to get the credit it deserves. If there's any problem its the lack of parental involvement. It seems like most of the parents here are more worried about their welfare checks than their children's education.

Posted June 14, 2011
I am Jonathan Mendoza and I went to this school from preschool to 3rd grade and I loved it. I wish there was a way I could find my old friends from there though. Otherwise it was an amazing school and I had a great childhood there. I recommend this school to all others.

Newmark Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2011
My daughter is in the preschool program offered here, but I honestly cannot wait for her to get out of here to go to North Park elementary in the fall. The playground here is just a simple sandbox, and there is never any parking outside of school. They keep switching T.A's which i think makes for a very unstable classroom environment. My daughter says shes not allowed to play outside everyday because they have to share the yard with the kindergarteners. The teacher and T.A. always fail to notice the parents within good time about events or homework assigments. The teacher failed to make a parent-teacher conference with us until the end of the year. It seems like you always have to chase them for answers. The playground is right next to a residence where the dogs have escaped into the playground more than once.

Newmark Elementary School
4121 North Third Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92407
Last modified Newmark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newmark Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top