Richardson PREP HI Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 620 students

Our school is best known for excellence in academics and the arts.

Posted September 3, 2009

I have found most of the teachers at Richardson to be prima donnas. They expect the kids to be perfect and not be normal kids who make normal mistakes growing up. I am glad that my child goes to Richardson, since all of the children seem to be good kids and I feel that my child is at a safe school. However, I do feel that the grading practices are very strict. This year there is a new principal and even dress code seems stricter than previously. I am saying all of this to warn parents that they need to be ready to really be involved in their child's education and expect a lot of homework (2-3 hours a night). I do feel that my child will be well prepared for high school when she finishes at Richardson Prep.

Posted May 16, 2009

I am a student a rph and i love every minute of it. I am currently an eighth grader andbsad to leave rph for arroyo but remember...once a tiger always a tiger

Posted November 2, 2008

I graduated from rph in 05 I loved everyday I spent there. I am a senior in hs this year, and as I look back on the 3 years I spent at rph, I realize that those were some of the best years of my life. Thanks rph for helping me realize my potential. Now I am going off to college next year to get a degree in Forensics Anthropology, and I truly believe that rph is responsible to help me realize how much I am capable of doing when I put my mind to it.

Posted August 18, 2008

I just ended my three years at RPH. I loved it. It's an amazing experience. All the kids and teachers support eachother and they're really nice people. This school is a little tough but if you try, you can make it through. I love this school and I'll always remember my experiences at RPH.

Posted July 28, 2008

I started this school in January of '08. Even though I started late I recieved a bundle of support and help from teachers and fellow peers. Even though there is a challenge to get into the school it is worth the wait. At my old school I was failing and my highest grade was a C. But at RPH my lowest grade is a C. The vibe is excellence. There is no drama or distraction what-so-ever. This is a great school !! I will take everything I learned here throughout my entire life

Posted March 28, 2008

This is the best school ever!

Posted March 28, 2008

This is the best school ever! I've been going here for this school year and I'm having the time of my life

Posted March 4, 2008

This is an excellent school! My son has learned great skills in music and is now on the city honor band. He didn't even play 2 yrs ago. It is a commitment but worth it!!

Posted October 16, 2007

If you're not a stay at home parent I would not recommend this school. My child had received around 75 math problems along with the other subjects, to be completed in one evening. My child had to be taught math at home. She never could do her homework based on the teachers instruction.

Posted September 27, 2007

I go to the school it is so amazing. I love it the kids are nice and so are the teachers. It is a great school.

Posted September 25, 2007

I have only been at this school for a couple of weeks. This school is a great experience because it is a more challenging school. I wish I could stay here forever.

Posted September 6, 2007

RPH is an amazing place to work from top to bottom. The administration is supportive of teachers; the teachers go above and beyond what is required of them; the students are dedicated and hard-working; and all additional staff members play an important role in ensuring that the RPH family functions properly. It is a unique place, like no other, and it is an honor, joy, and privilege to teach at such a wonderful place!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 14, 2007

Richardson is a great school. My daughter went there for two years and she loved it. The music program is ABOVE EXCELLENT. The staff is very dedicated and treats you with the upmost respect. The campus is clean and the school is VERY up to date in technology.The principal is great and any parent should feel blessed that their child be allowed to attend this very prestigious school.

Posted July 12, 2007

I personally think that Richardson PREP HI is one of the best schools in the district of San Bernardino. Although I had struggled in my first few months here at Richardson, many encouraging teachers and friends helped me get through. Webgrader has helped me a lot. I always checked on my grades, and if I wasn't to satisfied with a grade I always new what to work on. Now as an 8th grader-to-be, I am proud to have been able to survie two years at Richardson Prep Hi, and I look forward to having to attend 8th grade.

Posted January 7, 2007

I think Richardson is a terrific school. My son really struggled with his work for the first month or two but now he is doing great! The after school program (CAPS) has really helped him to concentrate and understand his homework. He is maintaining A's and B's, and is also on the school softball team. He loves it. I love Webgrader. I like to be able to check the progress of my son online, at my convenience. I have two younger children that I will try my best to get into Richardson. I will not have them attend any other middle school here in San Bernardino. I believe Richardson is the best! A very big thanks to the staff at Richardson!

Posted June 12, 2006

Personally I believe that Richardson is one of the best schools in the district of San Bernardino. Richardson's goal is to aim at all the students not just a few. Those students who ask for help will surely recieve it from the schools ready and willing teachers. Two of my kids have gone to Richardson and all year long all I have heard is good review from my children and their teachers. One very good thing I would like to take in account is that you have the ability to see your child grades every month unlike most middle school in San Bernardino. This helps inform, and more importantly, prepare your child for the coming month so that can make sure that they do not slack off. Furthermore, as an add on the seeing your childs grade every month you can also check your child's grades online with webgrader.

Posted May 17, 2006

Richardson prep is a great school for the academics. They teach the kids to be responsible. What I really like is the online - internet webgrader system. You can check your childs progress at any time, any day and see exactly what assignments are due and what grade your child received on each assignment as well as how they are doing overall in each class. It is a great school - if you are able to get into it.

Posted March 16, 2006

This is a wonderful school that my child has improved much in. This school makes you feel like your all family! They have excellent staff and awsome students! They even have a after school jazz band!

Posted February 21, 2006

My son attended 3 years at Richardson. This was an excellent school. He is more prepared for high school academics than most. He enjoyed Art and Science a great deal. However, he found math to be challenging. I would say the one thing my son appreciated the most was being able to go to a teacher for help, most of the time, without feeling, put off or feeling unintelligent for asking any questions. He maintained an A - B average thoughout this entire year.

Posted January 18, 2006

I love the school I'm in. It sets many goals for me. All the seventh grade teachers are awsome.

This school's

-23

API Statewide Rank
(2012)

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

10 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

192 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

192 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

205 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

171 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

163 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

All Students83%

Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)81%
Parent education - college graduate72%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate85%
Parent education - declined to state89%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Studentsn/a
Femalesn/a
Malesn/a
Hispanic or Latinon/a
Economically disadvantagedn/a
Students with disabilityn/a
Students with no reported disabilityn/a
Fluent-English proficient and English onlyn/a

Nurse(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Title I School of Achievement (2012)
  • California Business of Education Excellence Honor Roll Schoo (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:40 am
School end time
  • 2:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dr. Natalie Raymundo
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (909) 383-0368

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Standards-based

• Arts (all)
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Acceleration
  • Counseling
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • Accessible via public transportation
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Access to sports fields
  • Art room
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • YMCA - after school partner

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Submit your application by

January 31, 2014

Apply now

What are your chances?

5 out of 10students were accepted for the 2014-2015 school year.

Students accepted for the 2014-2015 school year