Bad
Good

My daughter currently attends Shandin Hills as an 8th grader and last year as a 7th grader. I do not believe that this is a horrible school but it is not the best either. I think that the standards of the staff is an area of imorovement. This school does not academically challenge the students or adequately prepare them for high school. The curriculum and programs available to the students are not comparable to what others middle schools in other counties provide to their schools. The communication at this school is poor and the dress code policy is more subjective than objective.

I am currently a student at this school in 8th grade and it has many flaws. The main issue however is the students and their conduct. They constantly bully me and they do nothing about it. However, the teachers are very kind and caring about the students working under them. Students most of the time don't listen to the fact the teachers aren't there to punish them but to instill the knowledge required to undergo daily life. I'd give this school three stars because I feel the main issue is that they don't discipline the children in a manner that will get them to listen.The office staff is a major issue as they don't maintain attendance in a responsible manner. The lady in the office almost always marks me down as unexcused absence. One thing that is good about this school and it's the most admirable trait is the students involved in the California Cadet Corps who are always working when they are told to and the Cadet Corps instills the instinct to go above and beyond the call of duty as students, citizens, and cadets. Parents who have children in the Cadet Corps are very diligent about the instruction of their child and it's an honor to work with these bright and young kids.

I believe the problem with this school is the staff I think that they need more teachers that are their to help these kids suceed verses letting just do their own thing. As role models to our younger generation we need to encourage and teach them to never give up on themselves no matter what their stuggles are. Also I belive if we had more teachers and staff members that are supportive it will help with the peer pressure among other thing our youth go through.

The problem with this school is the kids. They ruin it for everyone. The parents don't participate in the Parent Cafe and they don't come to very important and valuable meetings such as the Parent Teacher Organization at Denny's and such. They don't even know 1/2 the time their kids are doing everything to do bad.

Shandin Hils Middle School is a great place for students to learn. They have some really excellent programs and awesome teachers! Any parent would be lucky to have such a hard working group of people looking out for their child!

My son is a high-functioning autistic child. I was petrified when the time came move on to Junior High. I am so impressed by this school and their commitment to excellence. My son is THRIVING in this school's environment. Thank you teachers and staff of Shandin Hills Middle School.

i love this school its really great pple think its really ghetto but in real life its not at all if your deciding to send your kid here then thats a good choice :)

i loved this school so much before i had to move this is a great school ask any student. some teachers have issues but over all these teachers are great.

I sent my son to Shandin Hills this past year on an assumption that it was a good school. I was completely wrong.My 7th grader was basically lost in the shuffle.

Last modified Shandin Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.