K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

A zero tolerance approach to bullying. Whether it be in person or online, the teachers and staff at OLA take bullying very seriously!

Develops character: Strongly agree

OLA school kids are well behaved and well mannered when out of school. Not like the public school kids I see who dart across the street, speak such vulgarity in public regardless if adults are present.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There are class blogs updated weekly so there's never an excuse from your child " we don't have any homework" or "I forgot".

The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are dedicated and actually care about your child's progress. There are leveled groups so your child is not loss in the shuffle and tutoring is available. An "B" in this school is the equivalent to a "C" in a public school. This school is technologically advanced and uses both textbooks, but e-books and a host of other apps so that you know just how well your child is doing at the click of a button. No need to beg a teacher for progress report - the grades are updated daily! Wonderful school, fantastic teachers and the parents there are truly a community!!

I am so happy I chose to send my children here. My kids are testing well above national averages in english, math and science. The teachers are supportive and offer a great deal of opportunity for growth, even after school hours. Education is a balance of parent involvement and teacher support with the effort to ensure your child is staying on task and learning at an appropriate grade level. School is not the sole place for child education! Although, OLA does a phenomenal job of educating their students. Thank you OLA!

I always made straight "A's" and was in the honor roll list all the years I attended OLA. I felt very unfortunate to be sent to the public high school instead of the catholic one. I was extremely frighten the first day of class, but knowing that I was academically ahead of all those kids gave me strength. Unfortunately, it didn't take long to realize that I was academically behind. I'm one year behind in math and science than the kids who come from the best middle schools and I know my friends in the catholic high school are as well. It has been a struggle to keep myself afloat in all the subjects and trying to catch up. OLA teachers seemed not knowledgeable and strong in the subjects they teach. In the public schools there are a lot of good behave as well as bad, but that was the same at OLA. Now I wish my parents would have done a better research about picking a better middle school for me.

So disappointed to find out that all the Assumption children going into the public high school, can't make it in the high academic MYP program. Specially in mathematics and science! The kids who come from the 3 best middle schools are the ones who succeed and graduate high school with full IB diplomas and are Valedictorians. No wonder the well known and most dedicated parent volunteer pulled her child out this year from Assumption and trusted her child's education to the 2nd best middle public school in San Bernardino. I wonder what she knows??! I think this says it all!

Used to homeschool but found a time in our life that a regular school was needed. Landed on OLA doorstep and know that God sent us there. From the staff to the families it is a great education experience. I love the extras they offer and how they keep up with technology. They offer something for everyone and a solid academic prep for high school. You could go to the high school of your choice after having attended OLA. Coming from the LA area I can tell you that this school is very affordable also. Recommend your child shadows for a day or two. You won't regret it.

My Daughter attended OLA and is now in High School. We are very thankful for the academic and spiritual preparation she received. The family like environment gave her a sense of security and love.

I wonder how many parents are aware the teachers have NO California credentials. This means, they can't get a job other than teaching in private education and are not qualified to teach the new Common Core standards. Why would the 4th grade teacher be in charge of the academics for the school?? Isn't that the principals job? Parent involvement has drop for the past 2 years. The only ones who show up are the ones who are getting financial assistance. The rest of the parents show up just because is obligatory in functions so they don't get charge a fee. Bulling still going on and still nothing gets done about it. If your child is an average learner it's an ok school. But if your child excels in academics he will be better off at public education where he will be challenge to a higher level.

Last modified Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8