K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 14, 2016
I am so happy I chose to send my children here. My kids are testing well above national averages in english, math and science. The teachers are supportive and offer a great deal of opportunity for growth, even after school hours. Education is a balance of parent involvement and teacher support with the effort to ensure your child is staying on task and learning at an appropriate grade level. School is not the sole place for child education! Although, OLA does a phenomenal job of educating their students. Thank you OLA!

Posted March 22, 2016
I always made straight "A's" and was in the honor roll list all the years I attended OLA. I felt very unfortunate to be sent to the public high school instead of the catholic one. I was extremely frighten the first day of class, but knowing that I was academically ahead of all those kids gave me strength. Unfortunately, it didn't take long to realize that I was academically behind. I'm one year behind in math and science than the kids who come from the best middle schools and I know my friends in the catholic high school are as well. It has been a struggle to keep myself afloat in all the subjects and trying to catch up. OLA teachers seemed not knowledgeable and strong in the subjects they teach. In the public schools there are a lot of good behave as well as bad, but that was the same at OLA. Now I wish my parents would have done a better research about picking a better middle school for me.

Posted January 26, 2016
So disappointed to find out that all the Assumption children going into the public high school, can't make it in the high academic MYP program. Specially in mathematics and science! The kids who come from the 3 best middle schools are the ones who succeed and graduate high school with full IB diplomas and are Valedictorians. No wonder the well known and most dedicated parent volunteer pulled her child out this year from Assumption and trusted her child's education to the 2nd best middle public school in San Bernardino. I wonder what she knows??! I think this says it all!

Posted January 22, 2016
Used to homeschool but found a time in our life that a regular school was needed. Landed on OLA doorstep and know that God sent us there. From the staff to the families it is a great education experience. I love the extras they offer and how they keep up with technology. They offer something for everyone and a solid academic prep for high school. You could go to the high school of your choice after having attended OLA. Coming from the LA area I can tell you that this school is very affordable also. Recommend your child shadows for a day or two. You won't regret it.

Posted December 11, 2015
My Daughter attended OLA and is now in High School. We are very thankful for the academic and spiritual preparation she received. The family like environment gave her a sense of security and love.

Posted November 12, 2013
I wonder how many parents are aware the teachers have NO California credentials. This means, they can't get a job other than teaching in private education and are not qualified to teach the new Common Core standards. Why would the 4th grade teacher be in charge of the academics for the school?? Isn't that the principals job? Parent involvement has drop for the past 2 years. The only ones who show up are the ones who are getting financial assistance. The rest of the parents show up just because is obligatory in functions so they don't get charge a fee. Bulling still going on and still nothing gets done about it. If your child is an average learner it's an ok school. But if your child excels in academics he will be better off at public education where he will be challenge to a higher level.

Posted September 23, 2013
This school has an amazing atmosphere. Kind hearted children, caring teachers, and involved parents. I am proud to say that my children attend this school. It has been a great experience for all.

Posted May 17, 2012
I wanted so much to comment on the post from Aug and Jan. I didn't believe it, but I did my homework and I hate to admit those parents were so correct. My child is in 5th this year and I have to say; I'm not impress with the academic level. Of course if you ask my child, he thinks it is the best! But it is "US" the parents, who need to look and judge if our children are learning. For sure my child won't be back next year and so as other students form that grade. The school will have big changes on staff for the next school year. They are loosing the "Excellent" 2nd grade teacher and replacing her with the one who calls herself a 'teacher' from 5th. I really don't understand what the principal is thinking. She is loosing a lot of families because of some of her unqualified staff. It would't surprise me if the next ones to go are the 8th and K teachers. Is so true how everything is about money. Pretty expensive for the quality of education your child will receive.

Posted May 02, 2012
OLA is a GREAT school. I attended it from Kindergarten through eighth grade. Not only did I get an awesome education but I looked forward to going to school everyday. They have great after school programs... I was involved in spelling bee academic decathlon track basketball and volleyball and loved every minute of it. THe teachers are amazing and I would go back if I could. I have been really well prepared for high school and am excelling.

Posted January 26, 2012
Actually this school is only good for K, 2nd, 4th and 8th grade. The old 4th grade teacher left but the new one is very good. However, the 1st grade teacher had to retired early, and she got replaced by a parent volunteer who doesn't have a teaching degree!! She has helped the school for many years but is NOT a teacher. The principal would make it sound this lady is capable of teaching. The staff speaks horrible about public schools but at least the public system has certified teachers who know what they are doing. They make it sound that the school is safe. Well? They have no volunteers for the recess time so there are 250 students running around for 1 1/2 hrs with sometimes one adult supervising. At least the public schools have paid volunteers, teachers and lower grades separated at the recess time. Favoritism to some families?? Yes is so TRUE!!!! Their kids are the bullies and because of who the parents are the principal doesn't do anything about it!! This school has changed so much from past years. Now its all about the money not the quality education!! Don" waiste your money! Is cheaper to send your child to public school because at least you have paid for it with your taxes

Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary School
796 West 48th Street, San Bernardino, CA  92407
Last modified Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8