Bad
Good

having a niece currently attending and being a former student myself it is great to see so many of my old teachers still teaching today's youth I remember how dedicated and thoughtful they were back then and for them to still be there giving my niece the same lessons I once received is really special the principal and all the faculty knows everyones name by heart everytime I pick up my niece from school which is two or three times a week she is always being greeted by all the teachers and faculty I look foward to one day having my own kids attend the school because I know that they will receive the bestcare and great education thank you lomita park for being such an exemplary school

Lomita Park is a very student-oriented school, staff and teachers are wonderful. Recently my daughter got into an accident and was out from school for 4 days. On the day, the secretary, Debbie contacted us beyond expectation. Before delivering the news, she asked if anyone had contacted me. She handled the situation well. Besides, Debbie notified the teacher, Mrs. Ozorio who called me within 2 hours. She concerned about my daughter's conditions. Two days later, we received a big bag with 28+ handmade cards and some gifts from principal, Mrs. Ozorio and classmates. This bag was full of love that really comforted my daughter, many cards were with lovely and encouraging words. I really appreciated what the teacher and class had done, that was beyond expectation. This experience was an excellent testimony that LP teachers are caring bonds with students. Additionally a recent field trip had about 13-15 parents supporting the class, almost 1 : 2.1 ratio was great. Students had a lot of fun.

In a public school system where class sizes are growing, the small size of this school means that each child gets individual attention from teachers and the principal. While the class sizes are as large as other schools in the area, children are challenged to succeed based on their individual abilities. There's no "slipping through the cracks" here. I've seen in action the teachers encouraging each child at his or her own level of ability. Additionally, the Leadership program for 4th & 5th graders is extraordinary: you can see that they receive the foundation for success in school & life. Lomita teachers are OUTSTANDING, and Principal Ferrario has been a voracious advocate for funding and change at this economically and culturally diverse school. Lomita is a 2010 California Distinguished School for good reason. Parent participation is somewhat lacking ~ PTA attendance is low. But, the parents who do participate are given the opportunity to affect change, have their voices heard, and move the school forward. We now have the district's only Virtual Summer School, offered for free to all Lomita students to keep their brains active over the break. Lomita Park is truly special.

This school is outstanding! This is the smallest school in the district and although it physically looks different the environment is so welcoming you have an at home feeling when you're there. I looked at all four elementry schools before deciding on sending my daughters here. I must say I do live in the area of another district elementary school but after visiting this site I just had to send my girls here. Nothing can even come close to the afterschool program they have at Lomita Park. It's not just a daycare or homework center but many educational programs. My children LOVE this school and I've never seen a more loving and dedicated staff anywhere.

I've been teaching at LP going on 10 years, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! We all try to meet each child's needs and look at them as a whole person, striving to address their academic, emotional, and social needs. We support our gifted students to reach their highest potential, as well as our students whose only exposure to English is at school. Once you experience our school for yourself and your child, you'll feel the difference! I hope that my son will be able to attend LP when he's old enough.

I think this principle is the best! Mrs Ferrario~She is always helpful and goes beyond her duty! What a charm! She is beyond great to the kids! Also my son had her as his teacher and wrote a essay in high school about somebody who had a important meaning in your life!

This school is so underrated. Having 3 children I chose to try out this school. I admit I had great concern, a huge mistake on my part. What a surprise to give it a chance and find the district treasure. The staff is fantastic and the principal is a great contribution. This school is getting a bad reputation because of the high second language population. Being the smallest school (250), most diverse, and highest second language population it is doing a fantastic job. It s the only elementary school the state reviews every 4 years due to the EL population and programs offered. It passes with high marks every time. Although I live in the attendance area of another elementary school (the favorite) I was discussed with the comments about this school. I chose to send my children here to find out the truth. I am thankful I made that decision.

I was so hesitant to send my kids to this school, for some reason Lomita Park is known as a lesser school in Millbrae. This may have been true in the past, but we have found the new Principal and staff to be extremely dedicated to the students. This is the most loving environment you could ever want for your child! If you are hesitant at all like we were, give it a chance, you won't be disappointed!

Last modified Lomita Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.