Crestmoor Elementary School

Public | K-6 | 213 students

Posted August 4, 2013

The San Bruno Park School district voted to close this wonderful school. The last day of Crestmoor was in June. A very sad day for all the students and parents. You may want to update your site.

Posted April 20, 2012

A tradition of excellence in academic and character education. Dedicated teachers and wonderful principal. Very diverse with many languages and cultures. My kids had an excellent education here. Amazing parent involvement.

Posted April 15, 2012

Crestmoor is small school nestled in the hills of San Bruno. It has an impressive teaching and administrative staff, excellent parental involvement, and provides a small town nuturing atmosphere to the perfectly diverse range of children and their families. With about 50% of the student body being comprised of kids who transferred into our school, it isn't surprising that Crestmoor Elementary school has a high California API score. http://api.cde.ca.gov/Acnt2011/2011GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=41690136044630

Posted April 13, 2012

We love Crestmoor-- couldn't ask for a more caring school for my children. Crestmoor is like a family- children receiving an excellent education and learning to be positive members of the community.

Posted April 13, 2012

Crestmoor is a fantastic, small school with a staff dedicated to the best possible education for our children. The community is very dedicated to the school, and the parent participation is amazing. I have 3 children, and am looking forward to them completing their elementary education at Crestmoor.

Posted April 5, 2012

My son is a second grader at Crestmoor. He's attended since kindergarten and I am very pleased with the high level of education and extra curricular activities he receives. There is active participation and involvement by the families of the students and I'm very proud that my son goes to school here. We have a very nice tight knit community here and it shows in the test scores, the overflowing attendance at events and the smiles in our kids faces. I hope to see this school around until my son completes grade school in 5th grade.

Posted March 19, 2012

Crestmoor is a great community school. It is relatively small. The teachers are fantastic. Lots of PTO activities. My kid really enjoys the experience and thrives. New principle brings energy and focus into the school. I felt it really sets a good example of what public school should be: community based safe learning institutions.

Posted March 5, 2012

Crestmoor is a wonderful school and there is alot of parent- teacher involment, i have an older child and she is bright even though her school was not a top San Bruno school, but i really noticed the difference when there is parent envolment in our previous school there were no parent volunteers for field trips and academic help here you have to see if there is a spot to volunteer a drivers, the school is very diverse and there is extra help children that need it. My Son loves to read and is encouraged to challenge himself, and this is due to the teachers.

Posted March 4, 2012

Crestmoor is a small school. It has wonderful experienced teachers and a fresh, new principal. The PTO works to provide PE, ART, and Music programs as well as assemblies and field trips. It does a superb job of meeting student needs.

Posted March 1, 2012

Crestmoor is more than an excellent school. We moved into the Crestmoor area before having children, and didn't do the research on schools until our kids were heading into school age. We have said time and time again, that we lucked out that Crestmoor is our school. The numbers speak for themselves, but what I love most about the school are the dedicated teachers and the community. Each of the teachers that my kids have had, really know my children and have been so wonderful about keeping us posted on their development in conferences, information sent home and on an informal basis such as before or after school. In addition to that, we have found a wonderful community of parents. The events the PTO puts on are so much fun, and I feel that we parents benefit from the school community as much as our kids do. We are thrilled to be a Crestmoor family.

Posted March 1, 2012

Before deciding on a school, I research many websites, and all pointed to Crestmoor. Our family can't afford private school so we looked at the highest rated public schools from Daly City to San Bruno and so grateful that we decided on Crestmoor. Our older son is finishing up 1st grade and we've seen him make great strides in the classroom and love how much attention is dedicated to each student. The atmosphere is one of the highlights of the school, such a community and family feel...it's also special that most of the staff knows every kids name. It's a safe and loving environment which reminds me of the way public schools used to be 30 years ago. Highly recommended and where my 3 year old will be attending soon!

Posted March 1, 2012

In my opinion this school mirrors a private school. Crestmoor is one of the top schools as far as academics, the students truly get personal time with the teachers, and the families are a tight nitched group. We are a community that loves our kids, loves our school and loves our teachers.

Posted March 1, 2012

The teachers and staff here are engaged 110+ % and I cannot say enough about what a privilege it is to be a part the Crestmoor family. This school will catch your spirit and make your children soar as it has done for my daughter.

Posted February 29, 2012

Crestmoor is a great school with a positive, supportive learning environment. The new principal is open to any ideas and has brought on beneficial changes to the school. I'm impressed with the amount of parent involvement, from fundraising to assisting in school activities. Crestmoor is a great asset to our community.

Posted February 29, 2012

When we moved here 10 years ago from out of state, Great Schools was the first place I went to, to enquire about public schools in San Bruno. Crestmoor showed the best academic results then, and, 2 principals later, still does today! Asking for a transfer from our home school to Crestmoor was an easy procedure and I am so happy we made that decision! The teachers and staff are very welcoming and supportive and the PTO has been able to provide all students every year with excellent and important programs such as PE and Music along with character building assemblies. After attending both Crestmoor Elementary and Parkside Intermediate, my oldest son is now a very successful freshman at Capuchino High School, while my youngest son is a happy 4th grader at Crestmoor, who enjoys the stable environment at his school. Join us!

Posted February 29, 2012

Two of my four children currently attend Crestmoor and my next two are on their way soon. Our school is very connected with the community and our parent fundraisers pull in more funds to assist with paying for programs than any other public elementary school in San Bruno. Our school has been an important part of our lives and our children have made friends for a lifetime. The level of instruction is top-notch and I have no complaints about the school at all. The school is on the smaller side as far as attendance, so every student matters.

Posted February 29, 2012

I purchased a home in San Bruno about 15 years before I got married and had children, and honestly I didn't bother researching the quality of schools then. My wife and I have 3 children. The older two went to Crestmoor and Parkside where they were honor students and now they continue to be over achievers at Capuchino High. Our youngest is in fourth grade at Crestmoor and he's on the honor roll. I'm so glad that Crestmoor turned out to be the school that it is: the kind of school I would have been looking for had I had children when I was looking for a home. Academically, it is great. Socially, it is outstanding. The staff continuously strive to create a wonderful character building environment.

Posted February 29, 2012

I just started sending my oldest daughter to Crestmoor last August. When she came into this new school, she didn't know anything. Her reading, spelling and math was really bad because the school she went to before was not a good school at all. People said that SF schools are good but they are so wrong! Now my daughter can read, write and do math really well. Thanks to this school! My daughter is an Interdistrict or Intradistrict (can't remember which) and so I'm trying to get her back into this school again. I also have a kinder this coming her and I'm thinking of sending her to this school as well. I hope they can all get in this coming year!

Posted February 29, 2012

Crestmoor is OUTSTANDING!!!! I have 3 kids here... The teachers are caring, fun, and do a fabulous job in everything they teach, are easy to talk to and are willing to challenge students that need "more". The PTO is hardworking and provides music, pe, and assemblies. Their dedication to the kids in this close knit community is amazing. The amount of parent participation from field trip drivers, to art lesson helpers, crab feed and pancake breakfast is fabulous. The new principal is great the kids love him, he plays games at recess, does obstacle courses at lunch. He is very easy to talk to, he listens to what you have to say is very open to new ideas. You can find him on the playground in the morning before school, or in the drop off area, and after school he is always outside talking to parents, making sure kids had a good day, directing traffic...he does an amazing job. A small school compared to some other San Bruno schools but it has a Gigantic Heart that is filled with Falcon Pride!

Posted February 29, 2012

If you are looking for a school that has high academic standards as well as a strong sense of community, then Crestmoor is the place to be! Crestmoor continues to meet both their API and AYP scores, which is no small feat as the bar is raised higher and higher every year!! Crestmoor is also a school rich in diversity. The principal really reaches out to the families and truly enjoys working with and for the children. We have had our child there since Kindergarten and he has been extremely successful thanks to Crestmoor's high standards.

This school's

(2012)

7 / 10

3 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

7 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

3 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

n/a

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

n/a

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2322 Crestmoor Drive