Posted October 02, 2013
Saying the staff is great would be obvious. But the school needs materials and help. They have to beg parents for money to help the school due to cuts in the education funding. Teachers haven't had raises in 7 years. I volunteer at the school to help out. Teachers have to buy their own resources every year to help out kids. I'm sure many schools are just like this but I figure I would submit them anyways. Its really a great community school. Al

Posted September 03, 2013
I am an alumni of John Muir and attended there for 7 years (It was still K-6 when I left) and I must say some of the teachers I had (Petronis, Dallara and Burns as well as many others) were phenomenal in the ways they helped students and genuinely cared. Dr. Dunleavy is wonderful as a principal and was just as good of a kindergarten teacher. They focus a lot on academics and want students to succeed.

Posted August 28, 2013
My school is John Muir school :John Muir it's not just a school its also my second home my kids spend more time in the school and the teacher than me ,if you enter john Muir you will feel the same way ,this school mean a lot for me Dr Dunlevy ,Kathy Pakham and the teacher are my real family ,my kids go to throw a surgery and they need to be watch and John Muir staff and principal did not but me down they even bring safety stuff for my daughter to play with because she's not allowed to play in the play ground .If I want to talk about the education program that they have is very good ,most of the teacher are vary good teacher ,even the parent's are very good people they very helpful and they volunteer a lot for many thing like a field trip carnival and many more .all what I want to say John Muir is safe good educational school for your kids and you will love it as much I love it .

Posted March 01, 2012
The best school on earth. It has a special place in my heart. The school have so many great teachers and have the best principal.

Posted September 24, 2009
I love John Muir because I went there and my daughter is now in her last year there. She has made great friends and so have I. I love all the teachers she has had and I love Dr. D

Posted September 21, 2009
John Muir has an exceptional staff, wonderful families, and an embracing community.

Posted September 17, 2009
John Muir school has a special place in my heart because besides both of my children going there I also attended John Muir. Since my oldest child started in 2001 we have felt welcomed up there. There are many ways to get involved with the events going on and just helping out in many different ways. The staff is very welcoming, fun, helpful, and very friendly. Our PTA has good plans to keep things going so everyone can get aquainted. I feel comfortable up there and always have. When something needs taken care of it does happen. I wouldn't think twice about recommending John Muir to anyone.

Posted September 17, 2009
Great principal, teachers who care, my grandchildren are learning!

Posted September 17, 2009
Great teachers, my granddaughters love it.... they counted the days to the first day of the new school year..

John Muir Elementary School
130 Cambridge Lane, San Bruno, CA  94066
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top