Posted September 25, 2014
This school was just terrible. The teachers were awsome, they helped my through the curriculum, but the environment. Imagine trying to study Algebra, and many kids make the strangest noises possible, for attention. I would compare this school to a free baby sitting service, becuase acedemics is worth zilch there.

Posted September 23, 2014
Parkside Middle school in San Bruno is a school led by a incapable principal. Mr.Cheever is not willing to know your concerns. He is a perfect fit to a title Principal Non-Response. The academic scores is very low and the school is not focused on future improvement. All in all, it is a school you can put your kids in only if you have no other option in this area. It is better to learn Spanish before entering the school!

Parkside Intermediate School 3

Posted August 14, 2012
Parkside is an OK school -- not great, not horrible. Rumors about the violence and gangstas is overrated. My kids felt safe there, and as a parent volunteer I felt comfortable there. Academics are not a strong suit at this school. Some of the teachers are great and prepare the students well, but most don't hold the kids to high standards and just let them slide. If your child is motivated to do well, however, s/he will do fine there. Principal means well but she makes too many decisions based on emotion and reaction to a situation -- she is not proactive and strategic. I think the school could be a lot better under more dynamic and smart leadership. Just being caring isn't enough. But socially it's a decent school -- and fitting in with friends is so important to middle schoolers.

Posted May 05, 2012
The teachers and staff really care about helping the students. The new facility is bright and modern. The leadership is intelligent and dedicated to excellence. The diversity is wonderful.

Posted December 14, 2011
I am surprised for all the bad reviews. My son has a learning disability and I have only kind words for the counselors, special ed. teachers and teachers in general. This school is good and it's sad that our own community is the one putting the school down. Instead of complaining get involved and make the difference.

Posted October 08, 2011
I don't understand the bad reviews of Parkside. My daughter is in the 7th grade there, and she is having a wonderful experience. The teachers are involved and caring, and they are getting great performance from my daughter. It is an excellent school!

Posted April 25, 2011
I would not recommend this school to anyone. This school failed to teach my daughter and when I approach the school with my concerns, nothing was done. It seems that this school district is failing to teach alot of students. Charter school is the way to go. After this school I had to do my own research on public schooling. I recommend viewing a documentary called "waiting for superman". You will find alot of answers there.

Parkside Intermediate School 2

Posted March 21, 2011
The current principle and vice principle is doing a wonderful job. I am, however, disappointed with a majority of the teachers. There are only a select few that are worth having your children go to Parkside. It is unfortunate to these amazing teachers that the rest are not up to the challenge of preparing and nurturing our students.

Posted September 13, 2010
Parkside prepared my son well for high school. He's taking pre IB classes. The physics teacher is impressed with the knowledge they learn from Parkside and proven true by my son's perfect score in his science STAR test result in 8th grade. The principal and staff are very supportive.

Posted March 08, 2010
I am an 8th grader at another school but i went to Parkside for my 7th grade year. I was not focused at all in my studies and the teachers don't care either. I was completely unprepared for what the school i go to now had up its sleeve. I thought I was learning but i was just there for my friends. I think Ms. Addiego is a bad principal. She doesn't really care about her students. She cares about it's reputation and it's bad enough already. And putting stupid uniform dress codes is not going to help the student's education. I really feel bad for the students there now, because I feel they are not learning as much as they are capable of. I loved living in San Bruno, but since I moved, I noticed there's a lot better out there. I suggest you don't send your child to Parkside...

Parkside Intermediate School
1801 Niles Avenue, San Bruno, CA  94066
Last modified Parkside Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkside Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top