Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 21, 2016
The scores does not speak solely for what this school is. All our three children have thrived here, adequately prepared for the next stages of their lives. They were all eager to come to school everyday - because of their classmates, and teachers who teach them more than book-based learning, but character-building and life skills. The students have several options for after-school activities (either offered through Park and Rec, or through the school itself). Rollingwood has a Garden Club, Homework Club, after-school sports, and two after-school care programs. My favorite program at Rollingwood is Families. Every child belongs to a family composed of one child from every grade. The older kids area amazing mentors to their little brothers and sisters, while the younger kids their big brothers and sisters a beautifully-innocent perspective of life. They meet once a month to discuss and do activities related to the character/value- theme of the month. This year, the Families have discussed: optimism, zest, teamwork, gratitude, and self-control. The staff and admin are genuinely caring and devoted to the kids. The PTA works hard with fundraising to provide more programs for the students. Many families participate in community events and fundraisers, and support/help each other.

Posted April 23, 2015
Rollingwood Elementary School has been all around fantastic! As parents with postgraduate degrees, we were unsure about Rollingwood because of the "ratings". We took a chance, and found that the academics, teachers, principle, parents, and students, are even more wonderful than we could have ever hoped for. Rollingwood has an amazing sense of community and our child looks forward to going to school everyday. Our youngest cannot wait to attend. We whole heartedly recommend Rollingwood Elementary!

Posted September 17, 2014
Rollingwood has the greatest community in the San Bruno area, and the principal Mr. Schwartz is always involved and welcoming. The PTA is highly involved and we even recently built a learning garden for the school. I was surprised to find that the school has such a low score! The kids all seem to really thrive there and the parents and staff are friendly and warm unlike any other school I've come across.

Posted January 09, 2014
My eldest child went through K-5 at Rollingwood, and my youngest is in third grade, so I am in my seventh year as a parent at this school. I have never had any regrets sending my children here. I have a great respect for education (I have a post graduate degree) but I recognize that schools have to provide a balance of academics and life skills - Rollingwood does this very well. Both my children have had only inspirational and dedicated teachers, and show a dedication to learning as well as respect for others. My older girl was well prepared for life at middle school. The PTA is very active, and the parents show great support for it and additional programs at the school. I should also mention the problems that Rollingwood faced over the previous couple of years, where it wasn't adequately supported by the local district - last year all but one class consisted of large (31-32 students) mixed grade classes, a situation that could have been helped if the school had been given the support it needed. With its new principal, a dedicated staff, and an active body of parents who are keeping an eye on decisions made at the district, we are confident this situation won't happen again.

Posted March 05, 2013
I have 3 children at Rollingwood, and this is our 6th year at Rollingwood. The school space is great, kids have a huge expansive yard to spread out and play, and there are plenty of classrooms to allow for Special Ed classes and After School Programs. The families at Rollingwood are some of the most friendly, down to earth people I have ever met. They are much than just "parents we've met", they have become life-long friends. Many families get together for summer vacations and day trips. Rollingwood also has great programs and amazing teachers to support all types of learners, including second-language learners, children who need additional help, and students who score above level. My children are all doing well, and are scoring well above their grade levels. The kids enjoy extras such as Garden Club, Student Council, Music, Art, PE, Field Trips, two affordable afterschool care programs, and afterschool sports right on site. Our principal is also a great leader and very dedicated. Overall, we've been extremely pleased with the education our children are getting at Rollingwood, and the fact that we've found a welcoming community of friends and parents is even better.

Posted October 08, 2011
Fabulous! The teachers are excellent. The kids stay together from kindergarten on, but they are not cliquish. They were very welcoming of my daughter, who came to Rollingwood in fifth grade. My daughter came from a less spectacular school, but she loved Rollingwood and caught up quickly, thanks to her wonderful teachers. I can't imagine a better experience for her.

Posted September 25, 2009
I love rollingwood because of the great parent involvement and friendly enviornment. The teachers do a great job at giving the children the best education possible.Thanks again rollingwood!

Posted September 24, 2009
I have had a child in this school continuously for 13 yrs and I have one more year to go before my youngest graduates from 6th grade. From the beginning I have always been very happy with the education my children have received. Also, I have always been willing to offer my support when ever needed because I believe in Rollingwoods ideals. The teachers, staff and PTA have always worked together to make this school a valuable part of our community.

Posted September 24, 2009
Rollingwood is Top Notch. They have a great staff. excellent kids, and wonderful parents. Even the grandparents are a pleasure. A family enviornment with a solid foundation of learning. Their program is easy to follow, and alot of thought and effort is put into the children and their education. I love Rollingwood.

Posted September 22, 2009
Rollingwood has a wonderful, caring staff. Great programs that get our kids excited about school.

2500 Cottonwood Drive, San Bruno, CA  94066-2699
Last modified Rollingwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.