Capuchino High School 1

Posted November 13, 2014
Some of the teachers are really devoted, but others are very critical and hostile. There is a definitely a lack of cohesiveness and school spirit among both the staff and students as well. It is obvious as well that lower academic and behavior standards are accepted at Capuchino than the other schools in the district. In the end, most of Capuchino's problems (and negative reputation) can be attributed to the poor quality of leadership in the administration.

Posted November 08, 2014
Capuchino High School This a great school. The teachers here are really helpful and they take the time to help the student comprehend the subject as long the student is willing to learn. The reputation Capuchino has been misunderstood. Capuchino is a great school not only because its an IB school, but because of the environment it has to offer. It has diversity and it is a life learning experience. It is a place of prosperity, it makes the student and the parent feel welcomed.

Capuchino High School 2

Posted October 02, 2014
It's a nice campus, and the IB program is solid. Our family's experiences with classes outside of IB have been poor. Administration don't seem sincere in terms of listening to concerns/ideas or in their follow-through (or lack thereof).

Posted November 04, 2013
Capuchino High School This a great school. Health does not involve anything to do with the bible as a comment previously mentioned. The teachers here are really helpful and they take the time to help the student comprehend the subject as long the student is willing to learn. The reputation Capuchino has bee misunderstood. Capuchino is a great school not only because its an IB school, but because of the environment it has to offer. It has diversity and it is a life learning experience. It is a place of prosperity, it makes the student and the parent feel welcomed.

Posted February 19, 2013
I am a very satisfied parent of two Cap graduates class of 2006 and 2011. I found the staff to be extremely capable, hardworking and accommodating to my very different students' needs. The leadership program creates an extremely exciting and spirited atmosphere that is Cap's greatest strength. My girls really LOVED coming to school every day. A large A+ goes to Principal Shamar Shanks who expects student's to bring their best every day and is willing to help them one on one if they ask. My students always received attention and help from their caring teachers and supportive counselors. The IB diploma program was extremely rigorous yet effectively prepared our student for Boston College where she is currently a sophomore who feels indebted to her principal, counselors, teachers and staff for preparing her to work hard and earn success. I have one more child and look forward to four more years at Capuchino High School!

Posted October 08, 2012
I am a Cap alumni of the past graduating class, 2012. I have to say many people have a bad presumption of Cap, but unless you actually go to the school you'll realize this is the best high school in the district. The teachers are amazing! If you need help they will aid you, if you care for your grades then they will make the time for you. The administration are tough because they want the best learning environment possible, which is reasonable. I loved Cap, made many new friends, I have strong bonds with me teachers who led me to success. The IB program is great and rigorous, I actually completed the full diploma program, was the captain of the basketball team, did swimming and joined clubs! The atmosphere is wonderful this school has prepared me for my future. Now I attend UC Berkeley as an undergrad and will continue to thank Cap for everything it has done for me.

Capuchino High School 3

Posted May 15, 2012
This is a good school with the only IB program on the peninsula BUT be aware that they teach Catholic dogma in their health classes and try to teach the bible as literature.

Posted May 14, 2011
My son is in Cap's pre IB classes and he'll be finishing his fresman year in 2 weeks. The school environment is safe, new constructed buildings are in progress with new facilities to enhance positive learning. The teachers are very helpful and hard working. The principal and vice principals are very involved with student activities. My son's classes are challenging but we believe that Cap will prepare him for college and his choosen carrer.

Capuchino High School 1

Posted August 24, 2009
I agree with what the last student says. They are dedicated and willing to put in extra hours. But only for the students they they believe deserve it. I was a struggling student at this school and was shown no extra help or even attention when i asked for it. There was only one person who was willing to help me when i needed it, and that was dean francisco pepin. Unfortinately i do not know if he is still there, but the support he showed me was enough after recieving no motivation from any teachers. If there is one reason to attend this school, its dean pepin.

Posted July 27, 2009
I just graduated from Capuchino High School, and I must say that it has been great. The teachers and faculty are extremely dedicated and willing to put in the extra hours necessary to have their students succeed. the IB English, Science, history, and Math teachers are amazing, and they have really shown me as a student that I can succeed and do well if I try my best and put forth an effort. I shall be attending Dartmouth College in the fall, and it is in part thanks to this school, the faculty, and my teachers!

Capuchino High School
1501 Magnolia Drive, San Bruno, CA  94066
Last modified Capuchino High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capuchino High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top