Bad
Good

Just a couple months into Kindergarten and our child is reading to us. We couldn't be happier with Brittan Acres. Wonderful campus, terrific library and a nice blend of nature and gardens, and skilled and dedicated teachers and administrative staff. They always seem a step ahead. Reasonable level of parent involvement too, which makes it feel like a strong community. On top of that, our child looks forward to school every day.

The teachers and staff at BA are absolutely amazing. I am extremely grateful for their level of dedication to providing a positive and nurturing learning environment. The parents leave much to be desired though, especially the entitled PTA moms who think they get special privileges from the dozen cookies they baked. Expect 3-4 altercations per year from those that have lost track of why we're here in the first place.

BA is a great school! My kids love going here. We have a wonderful principal and a great community! So lucky to be going to BA!

BA is the BEST!!!! We have been going to BA for Transitional K, K and Preschool. The teachers are amazing, caring, wonderful and Mr. Triska and Cathy Eitel are so responsive, dedicated and really focused on quality care of our kids. I feel very lucky to be at BA and am sad that it only goes to 3rd grade (or will by the time my kids are ready to move on to Central).

Love love love BA!!! How is it possible that Mr. Triska has always a smile on his face??? Always! He is the best! Mrs. Eitel is another angel, always helpful and super nice. All the teachers, facility, programs are excellent. We looked at private schools....why??? Brittan Acres is the best school!

Mr. Triska and Mrs. Eitel, they are a super team running the school. Mr. Triska is loved by everyone at school. I help with my daughter's class event, and also work as a PTA member. I get to know many kids through the events and the weekly volunteering. The kids at BA are great. Thanks to all the parents/grandparents, and the staff of BA.

Wonderful school, from the principal, Mr. Triska, to Mrs. Eitel, to every staff member and parent. Had checked out many private schools and Brittan Acres surpasses almost all of them, in terms of education and all round development of the child. Very fortunate to be in this school. Not to mention my kids are happy to go to school every day!

We are truly lucky to have our kids in this wonderful school. Every parent, teacher and of course, the principal, Mr. Triska, is fantastic! Mr. Triska, works tirelessly, continously making BA such a wonderful experience. His postive energy, attention to every possible detail, and responsiveness, while continously encouraging kids to achieve their goals, is truly amazing. My kids transitioned at the end of the school year!They blossomed due to the wonderful BA community.

We moved to San Carlos from a nearby city a few years ago. My daughter was switched mid-year to Brittan Acres. I am so awed and impressed with the level of professionalism from Mr Triska and the staff as well as the dedicated parents. Brittan Acres has such a wonderful impact on my daughter and her education. She had made wonderful friends and her learning has skyrocketed! At our old school we had some problems with bullies & the lack of response from both teachers & principal. There was one small incident at Brittan Acres and both my daughter's teacher and Mr Triska were very involved and we were very satisfied with his handling of the situation. We have had absolutely no problems since. We are so delighted that we made the decision to move to San Carlos and that my daughter is at Brittan Acres.

It's unfortunate that some of the reviews from a few years back are reducing the average rating because THIS SCHOOL IS EXCEPTIONAL! We moved from New York mid-year, and we have been so pleased at the quality of teachers, the passion and involvement of Principal Triska, and the support of the community overall, both in terms of hours and dollars. We have tried both private city schools and nurturing country schools, and we are so pleased that Brittan Acres marries the best of both - nurture with rigor, enrichment with traditional education, and community engagement with goal orientation.

Last modified Brittan Acres Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.