San Clemente, CA

Posted September 18, 2009

Posted August 19, 2009
Both my kids went to VDM for Middle School, & I thought the teachers are just the best! Mr. Adnams was amazing, (6th grade Math/Science) he got both my son and my daughter to understand both classes, which both were struggling with previously! My son went on to the IB/AP program at SCHS, and is in AP Calculus this year, (Senior) along with AP Chemistry. (He was in Honors Physics last year.) My daughter is a Freshman this fall, and she is also in the pre-IB English, and Biology at SCHS. They both had Ms. Daniel at VDM- a great English teacher... and Mr. Hogan was also wonderful with the 7-8th grade Algebra, he made it entertaining, & he was always always there before school & at lunch for questions- they both loved his class! I felt like both my kids got a great education at VDM- caring teachers & staff.

Posted February 19, 2009
Our child was forced out of VDM last year and was sent to Shorecliffs against our wishes. Are we glad that happened to us. The teachers at SC seem to be much more hands on than the VDM ones and really care about the students. Much bigger school than VDM but better preps the kids for high school than VDM. Like it much more than VDM and couldn't be happier.

Vista Del Mar Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted March 25, 2008
VDM has very dedicated teachers and staff. They all rise to the challenge of underfunding and over-crowding. The parents are also very supportive to the kids and teachers regarding the things they need to be successful at what they're doing. Great School!

Posted February 02, 2008
My child's teachers are wonderful. He loves attending school and is challenged daily. Mrs. Dewees's high expectations are preparing him for high school; Ms. Boyd's drama class allows him to be creative and participate in a fun elective; and Mr. Sieger and Mr. McGann run a disciplined, fair school. I am so glad my son attends such a Distinguished School! I can't wait for my other kids to get to the middle school!

Posted October 09, 2007
This school is the best school you could imagine. It's new, so all the lockers and equipment are nice. It is in a nice and safe area. Overall though, it has people who care. Vista del Mar sets up extra programs anytime kids need help such as Homework Club (after school), ISP (mandatorial for all kids) and Mandatorial if a kid is struggling in classes to get homework done (during lunch). At my old school, we didn't have any of this and I was struggling with grades. Ever since I started Vista in 6th grade, I am a straight 'A' student and have been on Honor Roll 4 times. It is a great school and they even have a councelor if there is any 'drama' at school with friends, at home or whenever. The front desk is always friendly and the principal, Mr. Sieger, is the best principal ever!

Posted September 26, 2007
I went here for the first four years it was open and it's a wonderful school. It may not be very old, but it received a California Distinguished School Award in its first four years. I am proud to have had the opportunity to have gone here.

Posted July 07, 2007

Posted January 01, 2007
Vista del Mar is an amazing school. I have been there since it opened. I was in fifth grade. Now I am in the eight grade. VdM makes me want to go to school everyday. The Teachers, Staff, and especially Mr. Sieger, the principal, are amazing and very friendly. I recommend Vista del Mar to anyone.

Vista Del Mar Middle School
1130 Avenue Talega, San Clemente, CA  92673
Last modified Vista Del Mar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Del Mar Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top