No rating

Our Lady of Fatima Parish School

Private | PK-8 | 210 students

Our school is best known for our Catholic identity and "family" atmosphere.

Living in San Clemente

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $500,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

School Official Point of View

Posted April 11, 2011

We are delighted that you are considering Our Lady of Fatima Parish School for your son or daughter. Our mission is to nurture individuals to discover their God-given gifts, to encourage them to use these gifts in the service of others, and to empower them to be models of integrity and peacemakers who work for justice. We parents, school staff, and parish community collaborate in striving for excellence in the education of our children. We expect students who graduate from OLF Parish School to be Christ-like and faith-filled, competent and confident, honest and respectful, appreciative and creative, and cooperative and healthy. We look forward to working together with you in helping your child grow toward fulfilling these goals. Please don t hesitate to call me if you have any questions. I look forward to being of any assistance I can during this exciting stage in your child s school life. Sincerely, Julie L. Tipton Principal

Posted December 6, 2013

Our Lady of Fatima Parish School is a 21st Century Learning community founded in 1965 that has educated students in South Orange County for nearly 50 years. Nestled among the rolling hills of San Clemente, the school is fully accredited and staffed by an outstanding team of nurturing and dedicated teachers. The campus offers a welcoming learning environment for all students that pervades on the value of family. OLF is a dynamic, technology-driven institution of learning that prides itself on academic rigor and high student expectations that empowers today s children to promote tomorrow s leaders. OLF s students are committed learners who demonstrate excellence in academic expectations, technology acquisition, and service to their community. The cross-curricular/cross-cultural approach to instruction gives students differentiated opportunities to explore, investigate and demonstrate understanding by means of a hands-on approach to learning. Academic rigor aligned with innovative electives creates faith-filled student gains a love for life-long learning, becomes an effective communicator and a globally responsible citizen.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 20, 2013

Our son has been at Our Lady of Fatima Parish School since Kindergarten. He is now in 5th grade. We truly feel OLF is a part of our family. The approach to teaching the students to be courteous, kind and caring Catholics is what sets OLF apart. We have many friends that have their children at OLF and each one says the same thing, they love it!

Posted September 17, 2013

Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School is the hidden treasure by the sea. I have had both of my children attend OLF since Kindergarten and now my oldest is in college graduating last year from Jserra. My children have loved learning and attending this small loving school. You should be aware that this school is small and able to attend to your child needs with small classroom sizes. My children have faith and reflects on their actions on a daily basis. The teachers are wonderful and attentive. What I like most is the family environment that is here. I have beautiful kind hearted friends that I extend to after school hours and cherish for life. I recommend OLF to you and your family. Go and visit the school and you will understand who we are and get the same feelings.

Posted September 17, 2013

I can't imagine being at any other school. I always knew there was a reason we switched to Fatima 2 weeks before Kindergarten started for my daughter 5 years ago. And the affirmations just keep coming. The latest being the constant love and support the entire student body, the staff and the families have shown our family after my daughter experienced a traumatic injury resulting in having to withdrawal from school for now. They keep her present in their hearts and prayers and make every attempt to make her feel included in school activities. They have also rallied around my younger daughter ( 2nd grader) with love and support as well. God had a plan for us to be in this little pearl in the ocean we call OLF.

Posted September 16, 2013

Our Lady of Fatima School Teachers and parents are amazing. I walked on to this campus 11 years ago when I was invited to Special Persons Day. I was treated with such kindness it felt as if it was Family. When I went home I told my husband of how it was and that if we had children I would want them to attend OLF. Well a year later we had our son and before he turned 2 we moved from San Diego County to San Clemente so our son could go to OLF. He is now in 5th grade. We have a wonderful new Principal, Mrs. Joanne Williams, who we love. We also have Mrs. Clark, which there are not enough words to say just what she means to all of us at Our Lady of Fatima.

Posted September 16, 2013

We absolutely LOVE Our Lady of Fatima. When we relocated we knew we wanted our daughter to attend a Catholic school just as our son did. We were pleasantly surprised the instant we met Cindy Clark. She greeted us with open arms and made us feel welcome. Our daughter started in kindergarten and is currently in 5th grade. I have all of the confidence that she is getting a quality education taught by teachers who are loving and dedicated.

Posted May 27, 2013

This school is good but the warm christian atmosphere outshines the academics and quality of teachers. My son was primarly taught by a teachers assistant and I have come to know that the art program was taught by parents Who are not teachers. There is a new principal that favors certain Families according to the amount of money they donate. Some of the teachers are not concerned with one on one teaching and my son also had experienced bullying to which was allowed to continue despite numerous efforts to communicate to teachers and the unconcerned principal.

Posted May 13, 2011

I wanted to respond to the post of the "large class size." The kindergarten is made up of the parochial age cut off and the public school age cutoff. This year we had 29 children, but we had two full time wonderful teachers and a full time aid. The ratio then is about 9 to 1. My daughter came from a preschool where she had been for 3 years. The transition was difficult but she was cared for and loved and made to feel secure. As an OLF alumni, I feel that the school has grown is so many positive ways and is a warm and faith-filled environment. In addition, I am extremely pleased with her academic growth. There is a sense of community at OLF and I look foward to our upcoming years.

Posted March 16, 2011

I have been both a student and now parent at Our Lady of Fatima Parish School. As a parent, there aren't sufficient words to express how amazing our journey through elementary school has been. We presently have sixth and eighth grade students at OLF and not only are they excelling academically, but spiritually and as wonderful little people. I am constantly amazed at the depth of my children's education, the level of coordination in the curriculum and most importantly, how responsive the school has been to concerns expressed by parents. My children are both testing substantially above their grade level, and my oldest recently placed in 90+ percentile for the High School Placement Exam. Finally, as a parent the sense of family and community at Our Lady of Fatima Parish School is even stronger now than 30+ years ago when I was a student there.

Posted August 13, 2010

A hidden gem. Small, careing and safe. Great Teachers and Administration. Classrooms older but well taken care of and new items, e.g. Air Conditioning, Science Room, Computers, etc, added. Students and Parents involved.

Posted June 3, 2010

This is a great school! We have been at OLF for 5 years and can say that the community is wonderful. Every family feels welcomed and every staff member knows each child personally. I am relieved to have such a safe and warm environment for my child to learn in everyday. Strong academics, faith and character are of the utmost importance.

Posted May 12, 2010

Warm, friendly faith-filled environment. Jr. High curriculum and teachers are amazing. The students are challenged and thoroughly prepared for high school, private or public. My teenager has thrived in this atmosphere. I feel she is receiving a strong moral and faith foundation. Great class sizes.

Posted October 5, 2009

The teachers are terrific. They teach life long learning skills. I feel that OLF is a safe and secure environment for my children to learn.

Posted October 3, 2009

The parent involvement on campus is very welcoming. The teachers are always willing to take a moment and speak with you, even prior to class beginning. It's a very friendly atmosphere and because of it's small class size and one class per grade everyone gets to know one another

Posted October 3, 2009

Small community school where everyone knows and cares about each other. The teachers are great and always willing to help!

Posted October 3, 2009

Great principle, Mrs. Tipton, who cares about her kids and wonderful teachers who are supportive and loving.

Posted May 25, 2009

I have three children at OLF. Our oldest has always done well. Our middle child is not challenged at all. Our youngest needs remedial help (which an IEP cannot provide there) and unfortunately is being left behind. The culture is very warm and accepting, however, I feel that grades 6-8 could be more rigorous. In the younger grades, class sizes of 30+ is way too large and unfortunately, some kids slip by (like mine). The teachers are very kind.

Posted September 5, 2007

We love this school and always have. The warm, caring environment allows each child to be known personally by the entire school community. Academics, enrichment, and student support are outstanding. Communication is excellent; there is a weekly newsletter, a monthly calendar, and wonderful website allowing us to keep up to date. The entire staff is welcoming and happy to help any child who may need additional support. We feel so very lucky to be part of this school!

Posted November 30, 2006

Our family has been with OLF for over 3 years now. I must say that the school overall has an uncommonly warm and welcoming spirit about it. It is a faithfilled environment where the children have daily prayers, weekly Mass and where they practice traditional Catholic devotions/ceremonies with reverence (e.g. rosary, crowning of Mary, blessing of the animals, junior high retreats etc.). The teaching staff is made up of kind, intelligent and experienced teachers. There is an inclusion program, an advanced math program, music, art, technology, Spanish K-8th, jr. high electives, Christmas/Passion plays & Academic Decathlon program. The school participates in overnight programs such as the Pilgrim trip (in Dana Point)for 4th graders, retreats for 5th, 6th and 7th grades, and Washington D.C. for 8th graders. The small school environment allows students to be very active in sports, student council, peace patrol, altar serving / readers, etc.

Posted January 5, 2006

Not only does this school have a high quality academic program, the teachers who implement it our top notch. They have a wonderful art program, a music program available to grades 4 and up and a variety of sports. I am amazed at the number of dedicated parents at this school. There is a a volunteer component as part of enrollment but I see many parents go above and beyond.

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Joanne Williams
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction

• Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Visual arts
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Library
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Orange

• Improv
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Our Savior Lutheran School

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
J. Serra High School