K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love this school! My kids have been there since preschool and kindergarten and we came for a visit and couldn't bear to leave! Secular studies unbelievable - WASC accredited - gorgeous campus and Judaics that teach your child to think and question and be a kind loving human being - and we have made lifelong friends.

Just before my son was 12 weeks old, a friend in our playgroup recommended CHA's infant program. I told her that we are not so religious and are reform, so it wasn't for us. She said that's ok - it's open to everyone and is a very loving environment on a beautiful campus. I took a tour and saw that she was right - caregivers, teachers, and administrators are of different religious backgrounds and cultures, and the school (from infant through 8th grade) is on a beautiful and modern campus in woodsy Scripps Ranch (they recently installed solar power). Nearly 5 years later, our son is about to graduate from CHA's Montessori preschool and is very ready for kindergarten both in terms of academics and maturity even though he won't turn 5 until July. When I've attended the parents' nights each year, I've been blown away by what preschoolers there are learning - not only math, etc, in a project oriented environment but also life skills like sewing, cleaning up, and hands-on "jobs." His teachers have been remarkable - loving and nurturing, and he has really loved them. At age 2.5, he came home singing the hebrew alphabet, and knows words, songs, prayers and all about the holidays- things I didn't begin learning until I began Sunday school at my son's current age. Many of his teachers are from different countries as well as many of his classmates' parents, and many speak hebrew and other languages. Initially I was concerned that the school would be too religious for us. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming culture that is Chabad with no pressure to participate in anything more than we wanted to. We attended a few services and some activities at school and still participated at other congregations. We've made great friends with other CHA parents and absolutely love the sense of community there from people of various types of jewish backgrounds. I strongly recommend the incredible preschool at CHA. A heartfelt thank you to CHA's amazing teachers and staff - Morah Esther, Ms. Anita, Morah Sylvia, Morah Keren, Ms. DiCarlo, Ms. Cindee and many more at CHA!

Amount of homework: no rating

There is no homework in preschool, so can't comment here. Not sure about higher grades but I've not heard anything negative from my friends with Kinder and 1st graders.

My children are taught life long lessons in a fun and exciting way! They love going to school every day!

After researching all the Jewish schools in San Diego we arrived at Chabad Hebrew Academy and never looked back. It was an easy decision- after we toured the school met with the staff , some parents, and reviewed their top notch academics. It's more than just a school - It is our home away from home. We wouldn't send our children ANYWHERE else!!!

I am now going into my junior year in high school and want to thank all of my CHA teachers and the whole CHA family for preparing me so well. I entered HS at a 10th grade AP level having taken many of the course requirements in MS. Thank you Ms. Stanley! HS has been a breeze despite taking all AP's after being through what Mr. Z called RIGOR.

Amazing school faculty staff and administration. Nothing is too large or small to ask for. You are always greeted with a smile! The academics is very rigorous both my children no matter their levels were challenged! Thanks for an amazing school year last year and looking forward to an amazing year this year!

Rigorous academics, awesome teachers, 1/2 day is religious, more emphasis on the arts and less on religion. Religion should be moderate. Kids need balance in every aspect. Need effective counseling, options to explore dance, music, cultures, art, theater, spanish, technology, singing, etc. more time for recess and less in religion. Exposure to homeless, all races and religions, etc.

Excellent teachers, great school leadership, VERY customer friendly - the administration and teachers treat parents and students as partners toward bringing about success for each student not adversaries- rigorous academics, great athletics program, music, arts, SCIENCE, Experiential education, values and character education, and students get into the best high school programs going directly into AP classes and honors programs. Bottom line the school cares and will do everything possible for the success of my child.

Wow, let me just say, CHA is an amazing gem of a school that my kids adore coming to every day. The teachers are brilliant, the education, values, life skills and private school extras are all top class. I am heavily involved with a cross section of moms and families at CHA and know for certain that not a single family has left in the past few years due to financial assistance even after both parents have lost jobs. The school takes extra care that kids come first, tuition concerns far afterward. I receive significant tuition assistance and went through a professional yet caring and equitable process. The school was only too willing to take into consideration any of our additional financial concerns and made the process smooth, painless and most importantly with our dignity intact. We are always made to feel as if we are the most important family there and no one other than the tuition assistance coordinator who works with an outside company called PSAS knows anything otherwise. The school has gone through great effort to ensure that it is not only for the elite but all are welcome and they put their money where their mouth is. My friends have all shared similar experiences.

Last modified Chabad Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8