Public charter
San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 2,767
After care: No

Posted August 17, 2015
Parents, please listen up. I was very hesitant to enroll my child into this school. Charter schools have an unusual bad reputation of having troublemakers, and my son is definitely not one of those kids. Turns out, this school is MAGNIFICENT. USDHS, a private college prep school my son previously went to, does not come close to the curriculum here at Altus Institute. He has been earning his credits quicker than ever and has made tons of new friends. If you want to see your child succeed academically and socially, join this outstanding program. You won't regret it. Do not let the stereotypical idea of charter schools get in the way of your child attending the best school in San Diego. They have many locations throughout San Diego.

Posted August 12, 2015
I would like to take the time to compliment Miss Diana Escandon, teacher at the Point Loma 4 site of the Charter School of San Diego. She has been great in helping my son with his coursework, as well as keeping us informed of his progress in the class. She is professional, clear in her expectations, and has a very nice manor in motivating our son. Thank you Miss Escandon and thank you Charter School of San Diego for the great experience!

Posted August 06, 2015
Altus Charter School is great the teachers are always there to help me with any problem i have with my work.

Posted May 21, 2015
i have a great teacher named Ms. Brown, and i love the atmosphere. i enjoy the food and the interaction teachers have with students.

Posted April 10, 2015
This school really helps with the learning process of a student. They have amazing programs like the Cadet Corps. It's not as time consuming as traditional school and it helps that you take on 1 course at a time. The Cadet Corps is a program I'm apart of we have fun going to events like Summer Camp, Parades, NCO School, and Leadership School. The Cadet Corps is a better program compared to JROTC we are friendly and the commandants are friendly and are great teachers. I like this program because it helps me prepare for the military and shows discipline, and I am glad that I joined this school.

Posted March 13, 2015
Charter School of San Diego has helped me a lot, they gave me an opportunity to learn from my mistakes during my previous high school and gave me a chance to redeem myself. The teachers here are very nice and straight forward. Charter School of San Diego has helped me a lot and helped me create a path after high school.

Posted March 13, 2015
My school has been such a great help to my educational career. They have been understanding and patient with me while pushing me to graduate on time. The teachers are helpful and always try to provide one on one time with students to make sure they're understanding all their courses. The students are also well behaved and present good character.

Posted February 15, 2015
A great schools and teachers :) almost graduating and the experience has been great I wish I would've came to cssd earlier!

Posted December 08, 2014
Charter School of San Diego gave our son a "second chance" in high school. Mrs. Chung believed in him and saw his potential. She was more than patient and encouraged him to succeed. Being given the freedom to work at his own pace taught him what he was capable of achieving. He decided to take the CHSPE last October. Mrs. Chung provided valuable advice for taking the test and our son passed it. We are grateful for the opportunities The Charter School of San Diego offered.

Posted December 02, 2014
I strongly recommend The Charter School of San Diego to anyone who wants a good education. I loved the fact that it was independent study and that the environment was perfect for concentrating on school work. The teachers are helpful and the work is very doable! If you want to succeed as well as graduate and work at your pace, this school is right for you!

Charter School of San Diego
10170 Huennekens Street, San Diego, CA  92121
(858) 678-2020
Last modified Charter School of San Diego is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12
Charter School of San Diego Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top