San Diego, CA

Posted October 07, 2014
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND I LOVE THE STAFF IN MENDOZA AND A BIG THANK YOU TO MIRINDA QUILLOPO SHE IS A BIG HELP TO MY FAMILY AND TO OTHER'S IN NEED.

Teofilo Mendoza School 2

Posted June 22, 2012
i put my daughters in because it was supposed to be the best school in the area i had to move them almost immedaitly there is a lot of bullying, low academic programs and my oldest daughter was in VPA and it was a joke it was a way to low for my smart kids. There are also lots of kids and little staff.

Posted October 30, 2009
I enrolled my child in the VPA thinking it would honor its commitment to the visual and performing arts. Well it is a rude awakening that what the name suggests is only two rotation of 50 minutes each per week of art. At IB elementary kids do the same if not more. Also the art is not weaved through out the day. It seems that the concept that you can interweave art with academics on a daily basis in not allowed. The teachers have to stick to a very rigid academic schedule that is exactly the same as for the rest of the school. Just in the Spring do the VPA kids a play. The amount of hours spend on art in this school rates very much below the average of other local perfoming arts magnets. VPA is a joke!!! here at Mendoza.

Posted April 29, 2009
My daughter is new to this school & it's VPA program this year. It is challenging for her & she is enjoying it. Yes, there is a lot of homework, however because of the time spent doing the VPA, it's worth it. Just being able to paint, draw, sing & dance during school hours is worth it to my child. The course work is also more advanced than in her old school, which she enjoys because she was bored before.

Posted January 21, 2009
this school is really nice and its very peaceful. I graduated already I'm a freshmen but my time here was really cool i enjoyed it a lot.the teachers are cool you can talk to them about anything there there to listen.

Posted September 15, 2008
The VPA program gives a ridiculous amount of homework.

Posted February 06, 2005
I Think that this school is one of the cleanist schools, and the teachers seems to really care for the education of their students . I like how the teachers work together with other teachers in order to keep the kids on the same page. I also feel that I can talk to the principle and vice principal without making an appointment. This school is very open to parents to volunteer. It's just a nice place to volunteer your extra time as a parent who wants to get involved.

Posted June 20, 2003
i think mendoza is a great school they have really good teachers and everything is great

2050 Coronado Avenue, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Teofilo Mendoza School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Teofilo Mendoza School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top