Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter has been attending Creekside since pre-K and she is now in the 5th grade. Solid school in both academics and emotional development. There is also heavy parent involvement in class room and PTA enriching the learning and fun for the children. If the school didn't have contributions of money and program/class volunteering, I don't think it would be nearly as good of a school. I wasn't too keen on the old principal but the new one seems to be much more personable and approachable. Most of the teachers are fantastic but a few may need a change of career or a break from teaching and dealing with demanding parents. I image that teaching is not an easy job and add to it some parents with unrealistic expectations. The ESS program is stellar. Facilitators are organized, kind and nurturing with the children. I have to also put in a plug for the office staff. They are so welcoming, friendly and nurturing with the children. Overall I am very happy with my daughter's experience here over the past 6 years!

Posted May 27, 2012
My daughter have attended creekside elementary preschool for the school year 2011-2012 & she had gained immense knowledge & skill throughout the whole year. She grown both socially & academically. The approach the lead Teacher Ms. Daisy & her fellow group of teachers use is comprehensive in embracing academics & family like atmosphere where the students feel very much at home and encouraged to explore their innate skill & interest. The curriculum is designed to make the young children to recognize the basic human rules and good morale and what is expected of them as a member of society at an early age. Eg. Children are given the the opportunity to choose between group of activities & encouraged to follow thru what they have started yet allowed to take on more challenging activities for those who freely expressed their bordum of finishing the job. The teachers work together in understanding each child and solving problems. They'll make sure to create an opportunity for each child to learn and share their knowledge by creating a special topic/agenda during circle time & weekly activities etc. making them more than ready to start Kindergaten. We've already enrolled our son @the PK.

Posted February 12, 2009
I love my daughter being in this school... the kindergarten program here is superb, and her teacher is the best. She has made so much progress in not only her education, but her social life and discipline this year. The school is clean and safe, and the ESS program is top notch. I would recommend anyone that is thinking of moving to San Diego to move to Poway and enroll their children in this school... I feel very fortunate that my daughter attends.

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2008
I am a parent of 2 elementary school kids that go to this school. The nice thing about this school is that the building is new and they have decent facilities. A lot of the teachers have moved from/to other schools and some say that some of the better teachers have left the school. The principal is rigid in her approach. My son when he started first grade with this school was at 3 rd grade math and reading level and now he is in the 2nd grade and is still at 3rd grade math and reading. The school is not doing enough to encourage brighter kids and aims at even-ing out the children. The class room teachers are not adequately stocked with material for over achievers nor does the school encourage kids to attend higher grade for subjects. The principal offers very little support for gifted kids.

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2008
Wonderful teachers and a fine school. Wish I could say the same about the new principal, but perhaps she'll come around. My kids have loved all their teachers, the test scores are high, overall a great experience

Posted September 27, 2007
I'm a Grandma involved in my grandchildren's lives so I'm often at Creekside Elementary and see the Principal, Teachers, Staff and Volunteers doing an excellant job. This has to be the best Elementary School in San Diego, CA.

Posted September 26, 2007
We love Creekside! This is a top notch school and are so happy our children are here. The principal is not well-liked and seems to have control issues. In spite of that it is still a terrific environment with an active PTA and Kids Korps program.

Creekside Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2007
If the principal was more approachable she would be made aware of the unhappiness of a majority of parents over some of the things she has chosen to stand behind. People are afraid to speak their mind and they also know that their opinions will not matter in the long run. Success is based on more than test scores - moral and support of families should also be of utmost importance. If the school parents were polled annon. the results would be astounding.

Posted September 15, 2007
Don't listen to any of the bad reviews below. The principal is awesome, the teachers are wonderful and this school is a wonderful place to be. As a long time Creekside parent, I can assure you that this is one of the best elementary schools around. The PTA, CEF and Kids Korp help enhance and already amazing elementary school.

Posted August 17, 2007
As a longtime Creekside family, we are very happy with the school. The school, under our new principal, is definitely better than it has ever been before. She is wonderful, and so are the teachers. Yes, there have been changes over the past couple of years, but they have been improvements. I would give the school, principal and teachers an A+

Creekside Elementary School
12362 Springhurst Drive, San Diego, CA  92128
Last modified Creekside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creekside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top