San Diego, CA

Posted May 17, 2015
I totally disagree with the previous comment about EBS. The API is high because of the outstanding teachers, principal(Ms. Sloan), vice principal, and parents who are highly involved. How possibly and elementary school student can have repeated courses, they are not high schoolers !!! I have 2 children in this school, and I don't think they have too many found raising programs. I used to send my kids to Poway school district and I was awfully overwhelmed with found raising events without seeing any result. 2 years ago I could finally sign up my kids in EBS, and what a good decision it was!!! My kids are way happier and thank me every day that they do not even want to remember those scary memories of their old Poway district school. Anyway, what I like about EBS is their extra curriculum programs like science nights, run clubs, music choir, music classes since kindergarten (band or orchestra instrument classes from 4th grade) art educations, computer lab and high tech classes in beautiful new buildings (EBS is the newest school in neighborhood). Parent involvement is so strong here and thanks to high average income of parents, we do not see any shortage of anything in this school

Scripps Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
The API scores are high because the majority of the children have been "redshirted" or have repeated courses. Perhaps if the school/teaching staff spent more quality time with the kids instead of constant fund raising events, the scores may be able to speak for themselves in a more fair and honest way. The staff complain (constantly) that they don't have time to devote teaching to the "individual student" due to budget constraints but this school isn't adversely impacted at all...they are fully funded by the surrounding community with top of the line computer lab and art program. Be prepared to home school your child/children if they attend at EBS.

Scripps Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2013
I rated this school 4 stars because my experience has been dependent upon the kind of teacher my daughter has had. Our Kindergarten, first grade, and third grade teachers have been outstanding. Parent involvement is extremely high, and the school's fundraising activities and results are strong. The school is successful due to the outstanding AFP (PTA) board, the principal, and specific teachers who contribute to the highest quality of education.

Posted December 30, 2012
As a qualified secondary teacher and a parent of two elementary-aged children, I can attest to the superb quality of the programs offered at EBS. The quality of its Fine Artists Program is outstanding - particularly at this time of budget cuts and financial strain. EBS (the school) and the AFP (the school's PTA) have found ways to make due and continue to offer high quality education via programs that not only strenghten the students' academic performance (963 out of a maximum 1000-point API score) but also enrich their physical, moral, community and artistic sensibilities. Some program highlights: a thriving music program, a surviving PE program, an push for community service in the older grades, GATE program, an award-winning Fine Artists Program, their Everyone-A-Reader Program, a weekly Run Club for all grades, and a recently added Family Science Night for every grade among other programs. Plus, there's cross colaboration among same-grade teachers, a very pro-active principal (Mr. C), and a highly involved parent/community.

Scripps Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2011
As a qualified California educator, I find the inner-workings of this school quite disappointing! My visits to the campus have allowed me to see the difference between a well-functioning school and one that lacks this important piece. Children run through the campus. Parent volunteers are highly involved, but seem to lack appropriate training for the school setting. Most of all, I noticed that there is no on-site parking for parents. I spoke with a parent, who was rushed to sign a younger child out for the day, and she was delayed because she had to find parking on the street along with older student s parents, who are not required to sign students out. During my visit to the campus, I also witnessed children screaming for other children to quiet down during instruction time. This school is located in a stunningly beautiful neighborhood, however, the chaos and confusion that appear integral to the school s functioning make me second guess its ability to manage and educate students to state standard.

Scripps Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2010
I think this is a great school. However, with all the budget cuts all school have been affected. There are not full time nurses or teacher assistants, but still EB Scripps it's outstanding.

Scripps Elementary School 2

Posted October 25, 2009
Don't let the newly built structure mislead you to believe the school is above average. I enrolled via open choice and it did not mt. my expectations. The teachers seem very overwhelmed and stressed and depend greatly on volunteers, which is mandatory. They did not even have an assist. teacher in a full class. I felt like my childs specific needs were not catered to and she was often overlooked. My child was very uncomfortable due to misbehaved children and lack of thorough supervision and the constant pressure to keep up with others. The teacher failed to inform me of other kids who were picking on my child during recess (I don't think anyone noticed). They are quick to judge and didn't take the time to work independantly with my child. Parking is disorganized, limitted and stressful.

Scripps Elementary School

Posted December 04, 2008
My daughters have been in this school for two years. We arrived from an International School and the results that I have seen have gone far beyond my expectations. They have great faculty and Miss G in third grade is OUTSTANDING. The 5th grade team is also fabulous using teaching strategies that help all type of learners and providing them with excellent foundations for Middle School.

Posted December 03, 2008
The staff at this school is top notch. I am a first year Kindergarten parent and although I love the teachers, staff and school, the community is pretty snobby and tries to run the school instead of letting the professionals do it.

Posted June 24, 2008
EBS is an outstanding elementary school. With the exception of 1 or 2 teachers from K to 1st Grade, the teaching faculty is awesome. The parent involvement is incredible and inspires those who have not volunteered...to do so. The teachers are down to earth and sympathetic. The principle is great to work with and accesible. He (Mr. C) is never to busy to attend to parents needs, and requests no matter how big or small. The only complaint we have is that there is NO Full-Time nurse, but unfortunately this is result of 'State Budget Cuts' and at this point in time...it can't be helped. EBS also provides a great social as well as non-insular environment...the children have the opportunity to mix with many ethinic backgrounds/cultures which provides for the opportunity to make many new friends.

Scripps Elementary School
11778 Cypress Canyon Road, San Diego, CA  92131
Last modified Scripps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scripps Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top