Posted September 24, 2014
Unlike other schools where each parent has a code to access the school to see their children this is the school where you have to ring a bell wait outside and then brought in ( i don't know if i can say it is a coincidence but each time I drop to visit an administrator or someone from front desk will be rushing into the class to check on my kid!) Unlike other schools , if you call to check on your kid on his/her FIRST week you either get a voice mail to LEAVE a message and expect a call back in 1 hr or you receive a short very obvious "annoyed by your call" answer that your child is doing OK We got a call on the weekend from the principle asking us not to ruin the school order and if you leave 30 min earlier than the pick up time just wait outside DON't come in and mess up their order they don't like so many parents dropping in that is too many visits I am not sure why it will bring chaos to the school if the school is perfect and there is nothing to hide

Posted September 23, 2014
There was never enough communication with the parents and they don't give your child enough socializing time, which is the main thing they crave at this age

Posted May 16, 2014
My son went there. They are very strict about everything. Felt very artificial the first day I went there. I feel they are way too overrated. for 2 yr, they had 24 kids and 2 teachers. 12:1 student/teacher ratio. that too one teacher is just a helper. Felt like they are interested in making money and in not helping kids. My son didnt get used to the school for 3 months. They are very artificial(show off as though they care) when you enter the school. They didn't try to improve or be friendly with the kid. Also, they are way too overpriced for what they offer. Also they follow public school schedule which is stupid for 2 to 5 yr kids. when I tried to take my kid off of the school, it was a pain. The way their tuition structure is setup, it is so compilcated. when you join, you pay for the last month of the school year first. sme crazy scheme to get you to not withdraw. I lost lot of money because of their stupid policy. Potential parents should think twice. also they are not good at handling sensitive kids.

Posted May 07, 2014
Have two kids and both of them attend this school. I am very happy with the progress they have made academically and more importantly as individuals. This is a great Montessori school. It is not just in the name. The school & staff live by the Montessori principles every day. Very active parent community

Posted March 19, 2014
This is a great and authentic AMI Montessori school. My girl started in the toddler program when she was 20 months old. She came home happily everyday. She was potty trained by 2 and got moved up to the primary class soon after she turned 2.5. She learns to be an independent little person. Now that she's in the primary class with other kids that are ranges from 3-6 years old. Love her head guide and Spanish teachers who are so caring and really vested in all the kids. Love the management team who give much support not only to the kids, but also parents. There's just too much good things about this school.

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter is currently attending the toddler program at Kinderhouse Montessori on Flanders Rd. Here's why I like it: 1. My daughter is well cared for and is learning every day. I go to work each day secure in the knowledge that my daughter is happy at school, and is looked after and taught by responsible, caring staff. 2. I view the principal and teachers as a resource to help us raise our daughter. For example: when we want to start something new, such as potty training, or when we want to help my daughter stop nonconstructive behaviors, we discuss approaches and move forward on the same page. 3. The school genuinely has the best interests of the child at heart and the policies are created with the child's best interests in mind. 4. The school holds parent seminars to share Montessori practices, for parent education, and to help parents better connect with the teachers and vice-versa 5. It is a multi-cultural environment and the school celebrates this aspect of the student community

Posted January 04, 2012
Top notch school! With a background in education, I felt the Montessori method was truly the best for developing my children both educationally and socially. After much research, I found that Kinderhouse was a "true" Montessori school amongst many who claim to be but are not. We've been with the school for 4 years and this school has far exceeded all of my expectations.

Posted December 16, 2011
I have been sending my 2 children to KHM for 5 yrs. No school like it! My oldest is doing fantastic in Elementary now. Not only is she well adjusted above target academically, but she is caring, kind and independent. Our kids are also on target with eating real wholesome food. This was initiated and reinforced at KHM. The kids all eat real food here. Eating calmly and with manners. The facilities are clean, natural and inviting. Staff is friendly and very loving towards kids. Overall, my kids have done fantastic at this school. I am confident any potential parent reading this could feel comfortable sending their kids here. It really helps to have the place where you send your kids during the day reinforce the values you have in your home and that they are safe and well taken care of.

Posted December 13, 2011
My wife and I have been sending our children to Kinderhouse Montessori for several years and are very pleased with the progress our children have made there. The Montessori methods have proven to be as wonderful as I have read about for our children and I could not be happier with this school.

Posted December 13, 2011
We have been sending our two children (5 1/2 and 3 1/2 years old) to Kinderhouse Montessori for over two years. We are very impressed with the teachers who maintain a wonderfully calm and productive environment for the children in the classroom. The school is superb in supporting both the academic and the social development of our children.

Kinderhoue Montessori Schools, Inc.
6540 Flanders Drive, San Diego, CA  92121
Last modified Kinderhoue Montessori Schools, Inc. is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Kinderhoue Montessori Schools, Inc. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top