Posted June 23, 2014
My son has just graduated from Albert Einstein Academies Middle School. He started there when the school moved to the South Park location. He was a part of the German Immersion program up through the 8th grade and then we shifted him to Spanish in 8th grade to prep him for Spanish in High School. The transition was remarkably easy for him. Throughout his school experience we feel he had support from his teachers and from administration. Most of his teachers have been excellent and really worked with us to help him thrive. As we look back on all the years at Albert Einstein... I have to say that it was a great place of learning for our son. We have to thank Albert Einstein for preparing our son for High School. Overall, it's been a wonderful experience for us and, most importantly, for our son.

Einstein Academy 3

Posted February 01, 2014
The instructional model is for students to spend one week in English, then one in German. This has worked very well for our son's language skills and consequently he understands and speaks German quite well. However, given that the kids are going back and forth between teachers and languages, it is important that they have consistency in other aspects of the classroom. Unfortunately, we have found that there can be a wide variation in the quality of teachers and their respective teaching styles within a cohort, and consequently the kids may have a very good week in one class, then a horrible one the next. Kind of like having Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for teachers. We appreciate the focus on academics, but it is our assessment that their is little effort to see the kids as unique individuals and help them find their potential. I fear that Einstein's focus on conformity and rules produces well-educated children who are unable to think for themselves. Elementary school is a place for children to learn, grow, and understand the world around them. Above all, it must be a nurturing place. Sadly, Einstein's principals and teachers seem to have forgotten this.

Posted January 03, 2014
Both of our kids have been at AEA since Kindergartner. They are now in 2d and 6th grade. AEA has so far offered our kids a strong curriculum that embraces an increasingly complex, global environment for a world that requires an increasingly diverse range of skills, languages and perspectives. This cannot be achieved without a team of very dedicated teachers and staff.

Einstein Academy 1

Posted October 13, 2013
Parents should know a few things we didn't upon entering our children into this school: 1. there is no social-emotional program, kids are not taught how to problem solve and show empathy. 2. there is a stoplight (colors, stars, etc) system used in the classrooms beginning in 1st grade; this publicly shames each child into conforming to the teacher's rules (if you get a bully teacher- and they exist here- you're in trouble) 3. The amount of homework increases ridiculously starting very young. If you're ok with the above, then by all means send your child here. I give it the one star because it's in a hip neighborhood and kids do learn another language??!

Posted August 30, 2013
I have two children going to the school. One is in 5th and the other in the 7th grade. They have been at this school since Kindergarten. I feel very lucky and blessed to have found such a wonderful school. The teachers are kind and supportive, the Principals are approachable and professional. The only draw back is the campus is a bit crowded now due to having to wait on the middle school campus becoming ready for the middle schoolers to move over there. I feel like my children are getting a great education. This is probably one of the best schools in San Diego County, maybe even Southern California. Just my opinion.

Einstein Academy 1

Posted August 20, 2013
I really dislike this school. Let me just say this, my son graduated kindergarten not knowing how to write his ABC's. His a very smart kid by natural talent but what he is suppose to be thought in class was obviously not implemented right or he just fell through the cracks of the system. I don't recommend this school, if it wasn't because he already started here and his comfortable with the lay back atmosphere I would take him out.

Posted September 27, 2012
It really is a great school because they offer great programs like art, PE, music and so much more. Love the uniforms its like a Private school theme. Have 3 children attending here now, and they love it, struggling a little maybe its the language differences, but hopefully will pull through with the help of the LOVELY TEACHERS!!!

Posted September 02, 2011
I have 2 children at this school. This is an amazingly great place. I often feel like I am treated like a client - and this is a public school! The academics and programs are outstanding. The teachers are warm and friendly. Principal Vaughn is so personable and makes time to get to know families. We have experienced the torture of the outside schools, so we know this is elementary school nirvana we are experiencing at Einstein Academy.

Posted June 15, 2011
This school is amazing. Great teachers, and great parent community. What I like, art, PE, music,language and uniforms! The music teacher is incredible. The energy the school has is outstanding. We are so grateful to be a part of the Einstein community!

Einstein Academy 0

Posted April 15, 2010
My son (2nd grade) loves to go to this school everyday.

Einstein Academy
3035 Ash Street, San Diego, CA  92102
Last modified Einstein Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Einstein Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 191 reviews. Top