San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 2,364

Posted September 24, 2013
I am a senior at SYHS and I am proud to say that san ysidro high school has shaped me into the person I am now teachers are simply amazing they put everything from their part whether it be tutoring before school ,after school or even during lunch just to see students succed . Now oir principal Mr.espinoza is simply the best ! He always encourages us to try our best and he always takes the time to know the students. Our school has not a lot of electives but the ones we have are the best starting from the medical pathway in which we have accomplished to be partners with UCSD. Our school is usually stereotyped just because it is close to the mexican border but that simply gives us a reason to prove those peopld wrong . Overall I love my school and I wouldn't change it for any other

Posted August 18, 2013
really good school classesare great and teachers in this school you feel safe sports are also good except for football

San Ysidro High School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
Does anybody do residency checks at this school? We had to leave Otay Ranch because we moved across the freeway. All my children have attended this school. Because of the crack down on residency checks we were unable to use someone else address and keep him there. He now attends San Ysidro high, the first thing I noticed when picking him up is all the BC plates. How is this fair? Why is this school not as strict as others? I normally don't care about this kind of thing as I think everybody is entitled to an education, but it's bs that my kid can't get into a school thats just down the road because of their residency boundary's but a kid living in another country can go to school here? And for the person who wrote about this being an economically disadvantaged community- do you realize this school is surrounded by a newer housing development and the average house is worth about $400-$500k? I think you have this school mixed up with South West or Montgomery. I live closer to Montgomery and that is a economically disadvantaged community. As far as the school itself, the staff isn't very helpful and the nurse is downright scary. Teachers seem to be alright, my sons grades have improved

Posted May 08, 2010
I'm a mexican Mother of a San Ysidro High School you are wrong! This School have dicipline as well as results, my dauther have a 4 GPA and doing AP clases, the ones who don't make it its because they don't wan it, not because they are trying to survive as you sugested, teachers had been great and helpfull, what can I tell you As the old saying 'No one can as a Mexican'

San Ysidro High School 2

Posted May 05, 2010
What do you expect from an economically disadvantage community. The median household family is about 25k a year. Do you think students think about school when they have to worry about surviving.

Posted April 01, 2010
Everything is Great Except the Teachers. I really Do not like any of them. They aren't Great at teaching but they are Great at treating us bad. :D

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted January 31, 2010
Hello, Im a proud mother because my son went to san ysidro high school and the teachers and counselors are very helpful and they help my son go to a Unviversitie (UCSD) with a 3.8 GPA and the principal is a really good principal and he always helps the students and hes strict and that school gives students the oppurtinity to express themselves and they have great ACTIVITIES!I recommend that school for anyone:)

San Ysidro High School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
My name is Jessica Osorio, I was a sophmore at San Ysidro High and as of now am attending Castle park high,and I can tell you first hand that the difference in schools is great! The staff is not nearly as motivated as they are in San Ysidro high. I can honestly say, i even miss ther uniform ! Not only are the students careless,they also give me advise about not doing my work,doing different drugs and even ditching class. At SYH I am proud to say we (they) live in the cougar way thre are plenty of differences and the greatest one is the warmth of the San Ysidro high students and staff; people here simply don't seem to care. Note: I do not intend to antagonize this school I just simply stated my opinion on both schools.

San Ysidro High School
5353 Airway Road, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified San Ysidro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Ysidro High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top