Public charter
San Diego, CA
After care: No

Posted October 07, 2014
So far the school and staff have been absolutely fantastic! The teachers are approachable and return emails quickly. They don't just focus on the group, but attempt to pinpoint individual student's strengths and weaknesses. Then, they offer additional help where needed. The work is challenging, but my child is thriving and loves school. In addition to the wonderful teaching, teachers really focus on helping all their students become college bound material, and even offer them support while in high school. They truly care about the kids and it shows. We love KIPP!

Posted September 25, 2014
Everyone at Kipp has been absolutely wonderful. I'm actually shocked about the low ratings, I have taken my daughter to a few schools and day cares, both private and public, and I can truly state that Kip Adelante surpasses and blows them all away. There are these terrific teachers, superstar staff, amazing administration. You feel the passion for education; it s more than just a job. If other public middle schools would just implement half as much dedication and structure as Kipp does to focus their students for college, they would breed less criminals, bullies, and teen moms, and more college graduates.

Posted March 23, 2014
I love the school. It made a great impact on me, the Teachers are tough but they just care for your education. The teachers are AMAZING! once you get to know them, I would know I was an excellent student who participated in most of the clubs. I would totally recommend this school because it will have so many opportunities for 5th graders. With experiencs like never before. Before.

Posted March 14, 2014
my school is horrible. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO SEND YOUR KID THERE. IF YOU DO, YOU ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE AND IT IS A JAIL FOR KIDS. your welcome.

Posted November 14, 2012
Well, I do not like this school at all. Yes, they have good teaching quality but my daughter told me that the principal hasnt been their. And this school is just too strict and the 6th grade math teacher mr lucke is so rude. !

Posted September 16, 2012
Currently I am a junior in High School and while I attended KIPP I complained about the homework and the times but now I see the great impact KIPP had on me, it thought me leadership, discipline, and how to excel in school and prepared me for High School and college. KIPP has one of the most challenging academic programs but unlike other schools the teachers are always there for you. While I attended the current principal was a high school placement teacher, since I applied to private schools I spent more time with her and what I can say is she might be a little tough sometimes but she cares about the students. Anyway I'd like to thank KIPP: Adelante for everything.- Jesus Rubalcaba

Posted July 13, 2012
Well, I think that this school has had a great impact on my life and I'm ready to go to high school now! thank you KIPP: Adelante for helping me take a huge leap to college. KIPP doesn't just teach you how to get to college intellectually but also characteristically... a great scholar doesn't just have a great brain but a great heart! The teachers also have been so kind to me! thank you KIPP:Adelante! - Anthony Manning

Posted April 19, 2012
Thank goodness there are a few teachers that are allowed to continue to work there or else the school would be a lost cause. The leadership doesn't know how to respect students. One even called my sister a disgrace to her family. What right do they have to say that.

KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2012
I've sent three children to this middle school and I love it. My kids have gone to San Francisco, learned how to play the violin and currently, one is enrolled at one of the best boarding schhools out there. The teachers care and the Principal is easily accessible. If you want your kids to learn how to work hard, this is the place.

Posted April 09, 2012
Two fires, continuously leaking bathrooms and teachers that treat students like they are nothing. Why would any parent send their child to this school I will never know. I'm so glad, I pulled my child before it was too late.

KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy
611 Beech Street, San Diego, CA  92101
Last modified KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top