1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Sierra Academy staff are the best there is, period! My son wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome until the end of 6th grade. Even with the diagnosis, school was an awful struggle where my son was often misunderstood and flat out labeled a "bad kid" by students and staff alike. Not until we gave up on "mainstream" and gave Sierra Academy a try, did things finally come together for my son. We had no idea he struggled so greatly with sensory challenges. Sierra has the best OT program and staff. They have helped my son learn to self-regulate and self-soothe. He is a changed kid. His core teacher is an absolute rock star and I will be forever grateful to her for all she has done, and will continue to do, to support my son and help him grow. Thanks you Sierra Academy. I look forward to the next three years and watching my son continue to grow.

I have finally found a school that understands my son's needs! His behavior has improved immensely at school and at home but most of all, he is learning again! They are very attentive to his needs at school (and home) and work very well with me. I have finally found a school that actually listens to my input on how my son learns. I feel that I am part of the team to help my son get the BEST education,

This school has the programs available and some very qualified staff however, it is appropriate only for parents whom are very familiar with education law, their child's specific needs and are very involved. Although the population of Autism Spectrum students is approximately 50%, the services provided for students with spectrum and other disorders, diseases vary greatly from student to student and typically come from outside sources. As of September 2010, most staff had no training or experience with developmental disorders nor behavior modification skills and do not put forth efforts to identify and provide services for such. Loved the school for several years when my son and the school had a resource specialising in the above and sensory disorders, etc. Since the loss of that service the decline in progress, quality of IEPs, goals, progress and revisiting needs to assess the need for change have come to a stand still. Parent involvement is unwelcome.

Last modified Sierra Academy Of San Diego is a Private school that serves grades 1-12