Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 01, 2015
I am in awe in regards to why our children are not allowed to wear beanies on the school property. They said they have to wear the school's beanie to identify their students and that if they wore another hat they would not know who the kids are? What the Blank? You are telling me that our children have to BUY your hat so they can be identified? What if they are not wearing a hat? lol They don't have an explanation for that! Our children have to freeze on the property because they can't wear beanies that have no logos or anything on it. They said it is a safety precaution! BS I am so upset about this ordinance that my child can't stay warm because you can't identify them without the school Beanie!!! WHAT????!!!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Kearny SCT School 4

Kearny SCT School 1

Posted October 20, 2014
This school sucks. The only good thing about it is some of the teachers actually connect with the students. Other than that the staff is terrible. We haven't had a counsler who actually helped the school in a long time. The football team like never wins. Go to a better school. Everyone here is lazy and you get in trouble for anything.

Kearny SCT School 2

Posted December 06, 2012
SCT has hardly any classes, they offer only a few AP classes, and most of the teachers are un-motivated. Some are very very involved, but some just seem to loathe being there, and that has an impact on the students. The facilities are old and aren't conducive to a good education. The school is severely under-funded. The sports department is entirely abysmal, the facilities are laughable and decrepit. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 06, 2008
I read with great interest the last students review. While I appreciate her position it is possible that she is an exception to the rule. I know that budget constraints have caused some larger class sizes this year. However, SCT strives to meet the needs of all students. I would encorage this student to speak with her counselor immediately. SCT has in place several AP courses, as well as opportunities to duel enroll in the local Jr. College. I know that every effort will be made by the staff and administration to meet her unique needs. The list of pros for the school are prime examples why this is a great school. Most students attending other high schools can not profess the same. Thanks again to our Principal and Staff who encourgae our students and provide opportunities for this type of critical thinking and honest opinioins.

Kearny SCT School 3

Posted December 05, 2008
Kearny SCT is nothing special. That's not to say it's a horrible place to send your child, but if you have another option I would take it. Pros: Kearny is diverse and its student body is colorblind. The kids are mostly very kind, accepting, and fun. The teachers do their best to make themselves available to the students when extra help is needed.The atmosphere is very laidback, safe, and friendly. Cons: I personally feel very unchallenged and oftentimes braindead at Kearny. The class sizes are roughly 35, some 40. The education is mediocre at best. But this is coming from a straight A student who applies herself. I'd say a student who works hard for B's or C's in another school would thrive at Kearny. Homework usually doesn't need to be turned in, and if it does, the deadline is days away. and that's my 2 cents ;]

Posted February 27, 2008
I like the way the staff is involved with the students. My daughter is in the 12th grade and is really doing well. She takes classes at Mesa College and wants to major in science and SET offers great science AP courses.

Kearny SCT School 5

Posted February 12, 2008
Truely an Excellent School! The Principal is amazing and works towards the students needs. The teachers truely care about the students future. They work hard to shape the lives of the children. The school has thus far provided amazing oppertunities for students to excell in any scientific field, may it be a speaker form the sports medicine field, or marine biologist, the oppertunites prvided are endless. By far SCT is the best small school offered at Kearny Educational Complex!

7651 Wellington Way, San Diego, CA  92111-5731
Last modified Kearny SCT School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.