Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Both my children have attended Oak Valley. I feel like they have received an excellent education. The principal Mr.Currigan is engaging with the students by knowing them by their first names, he makes his presence known on campus at drop off and pick ups by greeting the students coming and leaving. Weekly messages are received by phone to keep parents updated on the happenings for the week. Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated throughout the school. The teachers are dedicated and really enjoy teaching. All around the school has been a great fit for us. My kids are prepared for the next step in their education Highschool.

I'm not at all impressed with this school. Purchased a home in Poway district thinking you will get high quality education but all I've encountered so far are a bunch of teachers that have major entitlement issues. My son is entering 6th grade this Fall and I went to the Orientation Night at Oak Valley. One of the parents asked about Before and After school care. The principal advised that they don't offer the program. I'm not upset that there's no before and after school program, however, I am upset at the tone and way it was delivered. Like, figure that problem out yourself or to just simply " drop them off later and or earlier". These people don't understand that Poway residents go to work everyday to pay their high-a** Mello Roos and taxes that's why we just can't simply "drop them off later and/or earlier". The the principal had the nerve to ask us to donate our time at school like people don't got jobs.

This school is awesome!! I love it there!! Noone should hate it or dis it because its a really awesome school which has a caring and safe environment.

The administration at this school is terrible! The principal walks around at lunch and yells at the students and listens in on their conversations. He and the vice principal are uninterested in the well being of the students. My student was yelled at by the vice principal because school was missed school due to the flu that was caught from other students. Her concern was not for my students health but the money the school wasn't recieving because of the absence. She threatened my student with detention if school was missed again. Bullying is an everyday occurance. The gates are often left unlocked. On one occasion an unauthorized adult took a child. The police became involved. Several times adults were seen on the grounds that none of the staff recognized nor were they signed in to be there. There were 700 students per lunch time and often only 3 adults supervising them. Injuries were frequent. The principal is involved in lawuits on a monthly basis. We pulled out student out of this school because we needed a safe environment for our child to attend and administation that are concerned about our child, not just money!

The school is very nice and clean. The teachers are warm and welcoming. The education is great and will have your child well prepared. I agree with other reviews. The principle is brash.

Caring VP and 8th grade counselor, but the principle... His got to be replaced, SERIOUSLY!

This is an excellent school. Safe, clean a very positive environment for my daughter. She is having a great experience with teachers, other student and the principal.

The school is great but the principal needs to go. PUSD can do much better!

Our two radically different children (5 years apart) have gone through Oak Valley Middle School. Both have emerged academically prepared for high school. The school is safe, clean and positive.

This is an excellent school. My dauther loves to go to school everyday. All the teachers are great and the principal is too.

Last modified Oak Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.