Bad
Good

Posted December 20, 2012
I have been meeting to write this review for a while now. I must say that many teachers at that school are second to none!!! Especially the 8th grade teacher. I have had several of my kids in his class and he has always gone beyond the call of duty. Two of my children have had him in other grade levels he taught and one just graduated a year ago! Last year he took a group of students to several universities throughout the state. I mean who does this??? I hope that he stays there forever!! Thank you for all you do!! No one at that school will ever match everything you have done for the community and the children at that school..May God Bless You!!

Posted March 21, 2008
I love this school. The teachers in this school are very nurturing and show a sincere affection for their students. I am take my fifth grade daughter from Chula Vista to this school. My older son had the same fifth grade teacher and he is the most amazing teacher a child could ever have. Additionally, the most dedicated principal I have ever seen. If only care about your children test scores, go find a school that worries only about that. If you want good quality teachers who are caring, innovative...this is your school!!!

Posted January 11, 2008
Very good school in the Barrio. They met AYP by raising test scores from 14.9% proficient to 31.3% proficient within the last four years. They are on an upward trend. They added 6th grade this year. They are adding 7th & 8th grade incrementally in the next two years. They send their fifth graders to Washington, DC. Good programs on site. Excellent teachers who work for a very good principal.

Perkins Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2005
This school was awful...I sent my kids there because my ex-wife insisted. The kids started school well ahead of their peers in every area, but after going to this school had many gaps in their education. Especially in the areas of Spelling, Language and writing. The teachers did not push the kids to excel, instead just taught the minimum. When they went to a better school it took them quite some time to catch up to other kids who had better elementary schooling. I think this school does a great disservice to the kids there by not setting the standards and goals high, instead it seems they try to be nice to the children, this does not prepare them for the competitive world they will later face. 0 of 10 ranking.

Perkins Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2005
Perkins is a really good school I personally like it for my children. The staff at Perkins is really friendly and it's always there to help.

Perkins Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2004
I have had 3 children attend Perkins Elementary, all of them participating in the seminar program grades 3-5. I have found that there is a community of teachers at this school who stay, put down roots and grow. Many of the teachers hold Master's degrees. I have been very satisfied with the curriculum and what my children have learned. I am a very dedicated parent and I do not put my trust in a school easily. Perkins has earned my trust and respect.

Perkins Elementary School
1770 Main Street, San Diego, CA  92113-2104
Last modified Perkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.