Bad
Good

Great School. I Love the teachers my kid has been assigned over the years. Each one of them is exceptional and has kids' best interest at heart.

it's a tough job being a teacher at any public school with 26-28 kids/class. The teacher is barely getting by with that many kids to give individual attention. The one's that get most time are the academically challenged and the problematic kids. The teachers have to prioritize any issues in the class and do not respond to all issues but they feel the most important one. Trying to stay on top of your child's progress can be tricky as they have little time to meet with parents. Unless of course your child is academically not up to par or socially misbehaving. This particular new teacher does have favorites such as room mom's child and spends much time chatting with them in the morning so if you volunteer it may be a bonus.

I am a parent of 3 kids, one with special needs. My involvement with this school goes back to day one of its opening. The teachers have always been great and the parents are supportive. The 1st principal was a dedicated person,and while building a great community around this school, she always encouraged the parent/teacher relationships . She was compassionate and had a great knowledge of running schools. This next principal started enthusiastically, but within the 1st year it became apparent to volunteers that it's all about keeping appearances: knowing the kids' names won't substitute for genuine care. I am experiencing it first hand as my youngest has 2 more years to graduate, and the principal is not an advocate for empowering kids with special needs. In fact, she tries to limit any social integration. Also, I've noticed unease in the chemistry between this principal and the staff.

I'm a parent and my two boys started at this school last fall. I was a little unsure since they had attended a strong academic private school in the Midwest and I'm a teacher myself, so I expect a lot! The school is exceptional - I love the teachers my kids have; both very committed to the students and their success, no matter what the efforts. I also volunteer tutor students from other rooms and have been very impressed with the teachers' committment and love for teaching. Mrs. Venolia knows all the kids by name and greets them before/after school. It is her vision, integrity and energy that makes SRES a incredible place for kids! Congrats on the Distinguished School Award - you deserve it!

The post dated April 16 2006 is speaking of another principal that is not longer at this school. The new principal ,now in her second year , is amazing. She has done an excellent job and I am sure most of the parents at the shcool would agree with me. I have two children at the school. My oldest son has an IEP which is extensive and tailored to my sons needs. I have been given full freedom to add or delete anything I feel is not helpful to my sons special circumstances. All of the teachers are wonderful.

Excellent school but is way too small for the population. One of the largest populations in any of the Poway Unified School ELementary schools.

I almost fully agree with the first parents review. But one cannot knock the principle since she seems to achieve successful results and therefore is doing a great job with extensive experience to back up her performance. My special needs child s IEP is carefully custom fit to my child, and my child receives every bit of support needed and is doing very well at this school. I must commend the absolutely professional, and extremely experienced special needs support staff. My only complaint is that there is too many students attending this elementary school and more kids should be shifted to the other newer school as time and resources permit.

Last modified Stone Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.