Public charter
San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 29, 2014
I was worried about my son starting middle school. Especially because he struggled in school and has an IEP. He started at MSA 7th grader. I have to say it was the best choice we ever made. My son made Honor roll this year! He actually loves school. I remember middle school has the most challenging years. He loves his school, friends, teachers, band, after school activities and even the tutoring. Our only regret is that we didn't send him there for 6th grade. We are definitely looking forward to the 8th grade next year!

Posted April 14, 2014
Magnolia Science Academy San Diego is a great school to the kids who love science, technology, engineering and math. Teachers are so dedicated leading and instructing students' development and growth. There are all kinds of interesting clubs with no charge, like Robotic(Lego), future city, chess, cross country, leadership, chemistry and so on. My kid loves the school very much!

Posted April 14, 2014
For my 12 year old, it is challenging and interesting. Next year, we are also sending our 11 year old. At the prior school, both kids were finished with normal work, so they had to help the teacher or read quietly to wait for the other students.

Posted April 12, 2014
Great place to start middle school. Staff is nice and dedicated. Great curriculum. Infrastructure needs some updates but working on it. My son loves his school.

Posted April 06, 2014
MSA San Diego is a wonderful learning environment. My 7th grade son is doing very well here. We chose the school for 6th grade for its smaller size but we have benefitted in so many other ways. All the teachers (not just his own) know my son by name. He is engaged in all of his classes. He always has access to free tutoring by his teachers and the after school extracurricular clubs have been very important to him (chess and robotics and so many other ones that are also free.) We wish we had sent our older daughter to MSA. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted September 30, 2013
This is my son's first year at this school. He is an 8th grader. The teacher's, staff are all very kind and supportive. They communicate well with each other which is especially important when your child has a learning disability.

Posted September 27, 2013
My daughter has gone to this school since 6th grade and she is now an 8th grader. She really loves MSA! All of the teachers are young so they include modern items in their lessons so my daughter can understand it better. She is doing very well thanks to the wonderful teachers. There are also many clubs that my daughter can enjoy such as archery, comet media, comet leadership, and engineering. Her whole week is after school clubs and the free tutoring they offer. Whenever she feels that her grades are low, or maybe she really needs help on that one assignment, she can go to tutoring for help!

Posted September 26, 2013
Great school! I have a daughter who graduated last year and another who is currently in 7th grade at MSA. Both have done very well there. The teachers and staff are dedicated and involved. The small environment allows the staff to know all the students. My kids both took advantage of the regular tutoring that teachers offer, as well as the multitude of clubs. And having the kids wear uniforms seems to make the environment more conducive to learning. We highly recommend this school.

Posted September 09, 2013
We are very please with MSA. Great communications. We love the school size as well. Thank you MSA!

Posted September 08, 2013
It is a great school. My daughter is an 8th grader now and my son just started there as a 6th grader. The teachers are all very knowledgeable of their particular subject and really care about their students. It is a smaller middle school which makes it nicer to have smaller class sizes. They have a lot of fun activities for the kids through out the year.

Magnolia Science Academy San Diego
6365 Lake Atlin Avenue, San Diego, CA  92119
Last modified Magnolia Science Academy San Diego is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Science Academy San Diego Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top