Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 30, 2015
The coolsis points program incentivizes good behavior. Discipline policy is strong. Uniform policy promotes non-competitiveness.

Magnolia Science Academy San Diego 4

Posted November 30, 2015
MSA has been a good choice of school for the last 3 years, way better than other public schools in the area. We like the small school size, and the uniform policies. Academically, I don't feel that grades accurately reflect a student's ability. It's too easy to get good grades, and not really retain the information long term. Most every kid is honor roll/high honor roll... I wonder if they are just teaching to the test. The teachers are very good, and don't set too much homework. We've not had the same kind of homework difficulties that we had in Elementary (hours and hours of h/w every night, tears, etc.). Saturday school has been made available for kids who need extra tuition, and there is tuition available after school almost every day. Good choice of clubs and extra curricular activities including sports teams. I like that there is music/band available to students at this school, but you must choose language OR music.... so not arts-based (as the name of the school suggests).

Posted November 20, 2015
I am so greatful that we found this school. My son is a straight A student now. He finally feels like he is actually learning and fits in with his peers. All the hands on learning and after school clubs to keep the kids minds always thinking outside the box are wonderful! This is just an over all amazing school!

Magnolia Science Academy San Diego 3

Posted November 19, 2015
Magnolia used to be a great school. But I have noticed the education slipping in the past year. They have not kept consistent teachers. My children have had 3 Spanish teachers and 2 science teachers just this year. Also, the 6th grade math program is lacking since my son was there. I wish the administration would spend more time observing their teachers to continue their past standards.

Posted November 19, 2015
Ever since my son joined MSA as a 7th grader, he has always been buried with homeworks, science projects and all other different school activities which keep him busy and progressing his scholastic abilities. School teachers are always helping the kids with everything they need and educating them a great discipline. As a parent I'm happy for our decision in choosing MSA for our son's middle school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 19, 2015
He is very inspiring person to all the students. He is also very modest, down to earth person.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Teachers at MSA are always caring about their students and teaching them right manners. I view MSA as a family where everybody respects and tries to help each other.

Posted November 19, 2015
I transferred my daughter this year from a small charter school. She is in 7th grade. It has been a wonderful change. I feel she is being prepared for high school & the teachers have all been extremely helpful. I'm so glad we made the switch.

Magnolia Science Academy San Diego 4

Posted November 19, 2015
The teachers are definitely 5 star. Fortunately they have been great working with my child who has 504 and misses a lot of school. I've never seen such committed, caring people who truly care about their students. Unfortunately the administration leaves a bit to be desired. The principal turn over rate is dizzying and getting the 504 followed is sometimes a struggle. We stay because the teachers are just that good.

Posted November 19, 2015
My son is in his second year at MSA and he loves it. The class size is small enough he can get one on one time plus he is able to get assitance after school when needed. He also loves the clubs and after school activities.

6365 Lake Atlin Avenue, San Diego, CA  92119
Last modified Magnolia Science Academy San Diego is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.