San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,730

Posted November 24, 2014
Been at this school for almost 4 years. The teachers don't teach the show some notes on a slide and expect you the student to understand it. Honestly Its pretty much just home schooling but by your self. The school is fully of bullying snobby rich kids.The bullying at this school is literally everyday personally I see it on campus and I have been bullied myself here aswell. One of my dear friends lost his life to the bullying on this campus and they have yet to investigate it at all. I find that this school is all about love and faith where in reality it is completely not. Ive been here 4 years and I feel like I have wasted most of my life at this horrible school. I personally feel as a student whos not popular or a top sports player that you are a treated as a second class student. The reviews Ive seen below seem like people that work at the school. The 5 stars really arnt real to be honest. school is a joke they dont teach and its full of rich snobby kids that bully you if you are not like them. Ive all ready lost a friend because of this horrible school and I reccomend you dont send your kid here at all costs unless your rich and have a star student.

Posted October 30, 2014
My child attended Cathedral Catholic High for the first two years of high school before we decided on a transfer back to a high rated Poway Unified High School. Many of our dissatisfactions included unqualified teacher, the social clicks, the showy display of wealth, and sexting messages that my child received. CCHS was not what we expected at all!!! For the amount of money that we were paying we expected more than we could get at a Poway Unified High School. As a parent I never felt welcomed at this school or part of the community that really doesn't exist. With kids that come from all over San Diego it was tough for my child to get together with friends out of school. One good friend lived in El Cajon and we live in the PUSD area. We were not about to do the driving back and forth to El Cajon. Yes, CCHS has a beautiful campus but look closely inside before you decide to send your child there. PUSD is where it's at!

Posted September 19, 2014
I was lucky enough to attend the famous UNI high for 2 years before we were forced to transfer to Cathedral. Although I missed the hallowed halls of USDHS, Cathedral was wonderful. The modern feel and beautiful layout made you feel at home. The sheer privilege of attending this school is often lost upon the more privileged children that attend. None the less I miss the classes, teachers, and atmosphere of CCHS

Posted September 05, 2014
I am a junior at this school and I absolutely wish I could switch to an another school. Although the campus is clean and nice, the education is not worth the 14,000+ tuition. I transferred from a public school in a bad area- quite frankly, I got much better grades there and the teachers were more accepting and open. As a freshman, my math teacher was fired because of his lack of ability to teach. The following year, a decent teacher, left to teach at a different high school because Cathedral does not pay their teachers a fair amount. This year, 2014, CCHS hired new teachers and some of them are definitely unqualified, as well as the councilors. (They have also changed the schedule- only a small fraction of the students like the change) Also, I feel pushed to become more social and popular, as it seems like many of these students are sheltered by their rich parents and seem very judgmental. When I transferred here, I felt very unwelcomed. The entire community is gated with security; in some terms this is good, but while walking around school I feel like I am doing something wrong and will get a detention any minute.

Posted July 24, 2014
This school was horrible for my child. She was influenced in drugs and alcohol to the extent where I felt I had to send her to rehab. She told me the "wealthy" environment was judgmental and I didn't want her around that. The teachers could care less about the students. I wasn't happy with CCHS, if you're child isn't a jock or advanced student, don't send them here. After my terrible experience, I sent my child to La Costa Canyon and was thrilled. She got great grades and instantly loved the environment and school. Check out LCC if you would like to better your child and prepare them for the life ahead.

Posted July 07, 2014
CCHS is my home! I absolutely love this school and everything about. When you walk on campus and look up at the crosses all around you and admire the buildings named after saints, you can just feel the spirit of God and rejoice in the catholic faith! I love that we go to mass each month and gather as an entire student body! I love the teachers and that each one just wants you to grow not only as a student and academically, but mentally and by preparing you for the future world beyond high school. If your faith is important to you and you wish to learn more about faith in your own life then come to cathedral catholic. You will not be disappointed. If academics are important to you come here because I assure you, you WILL be challenged! You will have fun and meet so many great friends. Not to mention have many many opportunities to find what you like and get involved by joining sports and clubs. CCHS is my home and always will be. I hope you will consider this amazing school that I had the privilege to go to.

Posted September 27, 2013
2nd year in, our honest opinion is CCHS is academically the best school we have encountered. Our son has excelled both in sports and school work here due to dedication from coaches and teachers. Teachers are fun and engaging and so far....excellent. Financial assistance is offered if you need it. Have not been aware of any bullying at CCHS. Great school spirit and football games are a blast when many alumni come out to watch and they do!! Also, they have a good mix of students from different cultures and backgrounds, even international students come over to attend CCHS. So far, very happy with it and it has been a very very good fit for our child.

Posted August 31, 2013
My daughter has attended Cathedral Catholic all four years and will be a senior this year. This school is fantastic and I feel my daughter will be prepared for any Ivy League school . The classes are small , teachers seem enthusiastic and she has always felt very supported . We have always needed a little help with financial aid and have received it. We are not rich and your students have the choice who they want to associate themselves with. My son went to Torrey Pines first with over fourty kids in each class and some teachers that could care less about his education. He also took a physics class at Torrey Pines that did not require enough classes to have a good outcome with the class. Cathedral makes sure that you take the necessary classes needed to be successful in the next class you take. I hope my youngest middle school student is able to get into Cathedral next year because it is worth all sacrifice for our family. Excellent high quality experience overall.

Posted May 29, 2013
My daughter is about to graduate this weekend after four years at Cathedral. It is NOT worth the money. The administration is rigid, judgmental, and unresponsive. My daughter is being denied the honor of wearing the CSF sash, even though she made the grades all four years because she didn't turn in the paperwork one semester. The principal will not even return my calls or emails. This is but one example...I could go on and on. I have a freshman at Del Norte High School and LOVE it. Love the principal Greg Mizel who goes out of his way to award students. So bummed we paid the money for Cathedral for four years. Would love a refund.

Posted May 14, 2013
My child is a Freshman and just finishing up the school year at CCH$. Unfortunately, the school was a huge disappointment from the top down. The culture of the school is to protect those who donate the most money to the school and to allow their children to harass, bully and create a hostile education environment. The principle, president and athletic director have created a triad of self protection for themselves. Most of the teachers have the best intentions but are powerless due to the weak administration who chooses financial donations versus doing the right thing. Athletically, the school allows parents to coach their own kids and becomes a repeat of youth sports where daddy ball is allowed and those who practice this behavior are protected by the AD and academic administration. Also, team practices for various sports are arranged AROUND outside clubs who pay to rent the facilities therefore, those who are paying tuition are given a second seat to those who bring extra revenue to the school. I thought our tuition was to cover school expenses? Before making a commitment to attend (giving your money) I encourage you to interview a wide range of student/parents past/present.

Cathedral Catholic High School
5555 Del Mar Heights Road, San Diego, CA  92130
Last modified Cathedral Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Cathedral Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top