PK-10|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I worked as an educator for ten years in both public and private schools. The Cambridge School is by far the most exceptional school on all levels. My children attended The Cambridge School since kindergarten. I can say with confidence this school has exceeded even my high expectations. I've seen tremendous achievement and growth, not only in my kids' academics, but in their relationships with God. They truly delight in learning and have developed a deep desire to love others the way Christ loves. Our family is beyond blessed to be a part of The Cambridge School!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Peacemakers ministries is taught and modeled K4-12 - excellent.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Cambridge is an exceptionally supportive environment within its framework offering a very strong and challenging academic environment. I have seen times when families with 1 or 2 children might benefit from homeschooling because they have strong ideas on how their child needs lots of special attention. At the same time, the teachers really want students to succeed - and value not only academic contributions. And they want students to develop grit over the years - they come along side the students to encourage it.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The school is wonderful at leading, guiding, forming - the parents and students - and staff. As parents, one is taught to keep emails to 4 sentences or less - otherwise to set up a meeting with the teacher or administration. Over 6 years as a parent, I have always been able to respectfully state my concerns and have been confident that my thoughts are carefully considered. I don’t always ‘get my way’, but I know that I have been heard and respect that the school is steering a straight course. The Leadership has a clear mission and vision and consults them in every decision as they guide the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers are called the ‘living curriculum’. They embody the virtues. In the Upper School (gr 7-12) the teachers share more of their lives with the students. The Peacemakers ministry is taught and modeled from K4-12 - what a blessing to see intense 7 gr girls struggling through their natural drama, practicing forgiveness and how to go directly to someone, rather than gossiping.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers love learning - reading about colonial history on their own while teaching it. The school regularly trains teachers in how to teach, modeling their work on the best examples.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is meaningful, to solidify what has been diligently taught. The school has students keep track of how long they work on homework every once in a while to ensure that the actual amount is reasonable (vs the perceived amount while being distracted by technology...).

2017: Last night in the rain storm, by battery died at school. After a 10-hr work day, the Head of Upper School drove home to get his jumper cables so that my car full of kiddos wouldn’t have to wait 45 minutes for AAA. The school talks about valuing community - and the teachers and staff live it. 2014: Our daughters are entering 3rd and 6th grade this year, and we couldn't be more pleased with The Cambridge School. Our elder hated being in front of a crowd; after six months at TCS she was volunteering to enter a recitation contest. Our younger daughter is a firecracker; we are thankful that at TCS developing godly character and cultivating the virtues is as important as developing ones mind and have seen her learn to love to do both. Having homeschooled, I found TCS uses all my dream curriculum (including Singapore Math and Institute for Excellence in Writing). The teachers love their students and love learning themselves. The 20 minute drive each way is worth it.

The Cambridge School is the most FABULOUS school around! We couldn't be happier! The faculty and staff are amazing and our children absolutely LOVE attending school each and every day.

We've been attending for 3 years, and have been thrilled with the education, support, and love our child has been receiving here. The teachers are outstanding, the administration is receptive, yet diligent in carrying out the vision and goals for the school. Parent involvement is amazing as well. We're looking forward to see their vision fulfilled as they build up their high school program.

Last modified The Cambridge School is a Private school that serves grades PK-10