San Diego, CA

Posted February 26, 2015
Oh THE CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL!!! What a blessing The Cambridge School has been to our entire family. We love everything about this unique, classical, Christian school. The faculty is AMAZING they are the most well-educated, kind, and dedicated teachers that I have ever seen at a school. I am constantly in awe at how my children s love of learning continually grows. The staff (most notably the Head Master and Upper and Lower school principals) , as well as the parent community are equally as dedicated to making this the BEST school in San Diego!

The Cambridge School 4

Posted January 24, 2015
We joined the Cambridge School late this fall, and wow! What an amazing experience. Being faced with many challenges as a "late admissions" family, we can report that the school administration, the teachers, students and families have welcomed us warmly and helped us through the challenges of this process in a rewarding and positive way. We love the character and mode of education that is available at Cambridge: We love sending our kids to a school where the teachers are concerned very specifically with both cultivating the capacity of the heart toward good actions as well as the capacity of the mind toward great knowledge. After our children began attending we also saw a surprising shift in their conversations away from being primarily focused on people and events of their personal day, toward ideas, concepts and discoveries they had made during their day. Additionally, we have the spark and delight for learning that had faded away in our 3rd grader return. We are very pleased to be pat of this school community.

Posted October 15, 2014
The best school in San Diego! It's an amazing thing when you see something actual live up to and exceed all the hype: welcome to The Cambridge School! My middle school age son is being challenged for the first time after attending several other Christian schools in the area and is loving it! He is taking Latin, Logic, Mandarin, Geometry, Poetry, Bible, History covering the Graeco-Roman era, Literature, Art, Speech & Debate, Physical Science and Physical Education. He's also participating in school athletics. He describes school as fun and the discussions around our dinner table have been transformed through the delight all three of our children experience each day at Cambridge. I have two middle school age sons and I can't tell you how thankful I am as a dad for the strong male leadership in the school partnering with me in the training of my boys to become virtuous men. The school is consistently Classical in its curriculum & pedagogy and deeply committed to the historical, living Christian faith. I've seen a lot of Christian schools but never one like this that held to a deep, theological faith combined with academic rigor. It's amazing! And, that's why this school is great!

Posted October 13, 2014
My wife and I moved to San Diego two years ago. We have kids in 6th and in 4th grade at The Cambridge School. I was blown away from day one at how welcoming the other students were to my kids. They actually said, "You're the new girl, the one we have been praying for". I was relieved and thankful for such a loving environment for my children. Now that we are in our third year at Cambridge we can really see the benefits of this classical Christian education. Our children have become deep thinkers, analyzing everything they see and hear through the filter of the true, good, and beautiful. They can identify the story of Christ in every movie they see and book they read. They are excited about learning new things. They are excited to read again. And, they are excited about Mandarin, Latin, Progymnasmata (composition), grammar, science, math, history and how they are all integrated, because all truth is God's truth. We love the teachers, who know our kids well. We love the community. We love the curriculum. We love the mission and vision of the school. My kids are not just learning information, but they are learning how to think, reason, and clearly articulate their ideas.

Posted October 13, 2014
We have been at this school for many years and have multiple children here. While no school is perfect, there is a lot that is going right here in the areas that we care about most--teachers who care about my children academically, personally and spiritually, a solid, thoughtful curriculum and a community we really enjoy and appreciate. My kids love to go school each morning and come back excited about what they've learned both in and out of class. What more could I ask for!?

Posted October 11, 2014
Above and beyond expectations! I have heard great things about The Cambridge School over the years but it wasn t until we arrived this fall that I was finally able to taste and see how incredible this school really is. I have watched in just 6 short weeks each of my three children come to life as they engage around their studies. My oldest is especially riveted by his passionate educators and has already made it very clear that he must graduate from this fantastic school. I love that there is a strong male presence in the upper faculty for my growing boys to be mentored and instructed by on a daily basis. As The Cambridge School continues to build their upper school, their mission and goal for all graduates is that they would be contagious Christians, virtuous scholars, humble servants and equipped stewards. What a beautiful portrait of what is being cultivated in the minds and souls of our children! I give thanks for all those who have sacrificed so that a school such as this could be available to us.

The Cambridge School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
We are not angry parents or trolls. We are parents who wish to express our honest assessment of our years at Cambridge. We agree with previous postings about excessive teacher turnover. It is undeniable and one only need ask how many teachers are new this year, last year, or have left in the past 5 years. We also saw 3+ dozen children leave last year and many more great families leave in previous years due to systemic problems. Again, fact not fiction. Our personal experience was riddled with an administration that lacked compassion/concern for our children/family. The only focus is on the upper school. And the growth has been TOO FAST, leaving the K-5 program with incompetent leadership, all kinds of behavioral/bullying issues that go unaddressed, and a curriculum that is not being executed with the rigor that was promised. Many families, including ourselves gave so much to this school in personal time, financial support, etc. and we feel truly taken. Do not be wowed by the heavy marketing or eloquent speeches. There is an ugliness at this school that is like a virus and further evidenced by the recent, nasty attacks on families leaving less than 5 star reviews.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 28, 2014
Our family has been involved with The Cambridge School for almost eight years. It has exceeded our expectations year after year as our student has flourished in mind and spirit in this loving educational community. The faculty is exemplary due to the Head of School's outstanding diligence in seeking out exceptionally qualified teachers who are committed to excellence in teaching classical education in a way that makes school fun and exciting from pre-kindergarten upward. It is no wonder the parents, relatives and friends who visit the school and see what is being taught and how is is presented very frequently respond, "I wish I could go back to school and learn like this!" as they observe students truly loving to learn. Having had a student at the school these many years, we have closely observed that the administration under the leadership of the Head of School has integrity, honesty and sacrificially gives the students' development priority in all respects. It is very much a learning community where students and their families thrive.

Posted September 25, 2014
It's always a shame when people troll the internet to spew some hatred with silly gossip. Someone is married to a board member? Wow! Turn the other cheek? Those without sin...? Get a life and move on? LOL Hands down, if you let 3 bad eggs make your decision for you about this awesome school, then this school isn't for you. I usually don't leave reviews but I read some of the silly nonsense that a couple of trolls posted about Cambridge. I would like to "ECHO" the previous 5 star reviews and tell you that this school is the best, period. Great teachers, students, faculty, staff and so on... The school has grown so well over it's short 8 years and has not lost their way in any way or form. Come to the school and do a walk through and make your own decision based on what you see and not what you read from trolls. This school is focused on their students and not Friday night football or talking the talk of the Christian person but actually walking the talk. My children have been to other private school that are established here in San Diego before switching to Cambridge and there is no comparison. Cambridge is driven by a strong foundation and will succeed regardless of trolls.

The Cambridge School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
I would like to echo the previous poor reviews... And add that the favoritism towards particular families and a conflict of interest, non-independent Board(Chair is married to Head of School) makes this school a disappointment in too many ways to list here.
2 people found this helpful