San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,922

Lincoln High School 5

Posted March 12, 2015
As an alumni c/o 2012 of LHS now a junior at at UC I am happy to admit that I am an alumni of LHS. Although I struggled my freshman year I dont believe its LHS to blame but just the rigor that is college. MOST students are unprepared going into college and thats because college is hard work!. As far as my experience at lincoln I am a strong believer that the group of students your child chooses to hangout with will shape their experience here. As a parent its YOUR job to make sure your kids are with a bad crowd, not the schools job. The surrounding environment is ok, I never had any outstanding problems walking to school taking public transportation etc. And during my time there, we never had any lock downs due to weapons being found. All my teachers were attentive to my progress. Everyone in the offices are very helpful when it comes to helping students make copies for college apps or talking to the counselor about majors etc etc And no there isnt fighting on a daily basis. Or riots, or gangs doing drive-bys. Remember its not the schools responsibility to raise your child, its YOURS.

Lincoln High School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
My only suggestion is to visit this school, on more than one occasion. Arrive unannounced, and see if you feel it provides the educational environment, and safety, you want your child in.

Lincoln High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter is finishing up her freshman year and is THRIVING!!!!!!! And believe me she is not the only one. Right now there is a state of emergency because of the low test scores. San Diego Unified is going to implement something called Middle College, where students can earn college credits in core subjects as it relates to national Common Core standards. I could easily pull my child out because of the sucky test scores but she wants to stay and graduate so I'm going to stand by her and support her always. Parental involvement and support is the key....

Lincoln High School 4

Posted March 30, 2014
Although Lincoln High School has a bad reputation of being "ghetto" and "ratchet" there are some pros of being a LHS Student. The school is pretty big and and has an excellent sports program. Most of the teachers are super supportive and helpful. LHS May have bad test scores but the test scores does not reflect on the students stupidity, it reflects on the students work ethic. The programs at Lincoln are made to help students on their homework and provide tutoring. On that, Lincoln High School is not that bad as it seems. As a student at Lincoln High School there was more than I had expected.

Posted April 15, 2010
They have a great theater, the arts are so important and are usually the first things to be cut from school programs. This school is in an area where teaching kids non-violent ways to express their feelings and ideas is essential. Theater is an excellent avenue for this.

Posted October 05, 2009
Great Parent Involvement, Great Teachers, Love the student vibe they love their school.

4777 Imperial Avenue, San Diego, CA  92113
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top