Posted October 01, 2014
We love Del Sur Elementary! This is our fourth year and we couldn't be happier. The teachers, staff, and principal are dedicated to creating an environment that fosters a love of learning and a sense of community. I respect that they are working hard to continually upgrade the use of technology in the school, without sacrificing hands-on learning. Our son has thrived both educationally & socially and LOVES to go to school every day. Also, I have to say, that I appreciate the fact that the principal (Mr. Johnson) is visible...always out among the students: in the hallway, in classrooms, even directing traffic during drop off and pick up! The teachers take turns out there too (wearing neon vests :), handling the crosswalk, and directing cars). This may not seem like a big deal, but I think it models a feeling of community to the students and sends a great message to the kids ("We're here when you need us"). I'm so glad we found Del Sur!

Posted August 06, 2014
Great school, WONDERFUL, CARING PRINCIPLE, should I say more?... We feel so lucky to come here!

Posted February 27, 2014
Del Sur Elementary school is a fantastic school in a lovely community. The school staff is making a big effort to get the best out of our kids. Principal Mr. Doug Johnson is very "visible" and 100% devoted to this school. We feel so welcome and blessed to be a student at DSES!

Posted October 25, 2013
We moved to Del Sur mainly because of this elementary school and we have not been disappointed. The principle, teachers and parent involvement are outstanding and the fact that both of my kids love going to school everyday and love learning is great testimony.

Posted October 24, 2013
Del Sur Elementary is a wonderful school with great opportunities for the children to explore and grow their talents. I feel so fortunate to be able to have my child going to the school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Love love love Del Sur! There is such a sense of community and working together to give out children the best childhood they can have. "It takes a village" and this is our village!!!

Posted October 24, 2013
Fantastic school. It runs great and the staff is awesome! Five extra star to the principal which is always dedicated and passionate about his job and he is LOVED by every single student!

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter LOVES going to school here! She went last year to the preschool and this year to the Kindergarten and she has made so many friends, adores her teacher(s), and is already reading just 2 months into the school year! She also gets exposed to art, music, the library, and PE during the day. One extra plus is that they start off slow the first 6 weeks (just 4 1/2 hours per day) before the children go a full day (6 1/2 hours) so they aren't exhausted the first few weeks of school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Del Sur Elementry SChool the best by far great Principle & teachers for our kids love it

Posted August 20, 2013
Awesome school and fantastic teachers. The best in Poway unified school district. This was our first year in school in 2nd grade and love it.

Del Sur Elementary School
15665 Paseo Del Sur, San Diego, CA  92127
Last modified Del Sur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Sur Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top