Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

teachers are highly invested into the school and it is very competitive to become a teacher here. each group of teachers for each grade work well together and as a team. My last school it was evident that the teachers had been there too long and were waiting for their pension check.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son has special needs. The students in the class knew this and were so nice to him. At his other school, he was bullied a lot and pretty much an outcast. This was huge for us.

We LOVE it here. After listening to so many parents rave about Del Sur, we decided we had to move so that our children could attend. We had a horrible experience(s) at our previous school, even though other parents convinced me that the other school was the best blah blah blah. academics are high and the school really gets full effort from the students. I have not heard of any bullying towards my son or to others, but at the old school it was definitely a monthly occurrence that didn't get better. i could go on and on, but you get the picture!

I feel like better than expensive private school. It is one of the blue ribbon school.

We love Del Sur Elementary! This is our fourth year and we couldn't be happier. The teachers, staff, and principal are dedicated to creating an environment that fosters a love of learning and a sense of community. I respect that they are working hard to continually upgrade the use of technology in the school, without sacrificing hands-on learning. Our son has thrived both educationally & socially and LOVES to go to school every day. Also, I have to say, that I appreciate the fact that the principal (Mr. Johnson) is visible...always out among the students: in the hallway, in classrooms, even directing traffic during drop off and pick up! The teachers take turns out there too (wearing neon vests :), handling the crosswalk, and directing cars). This may not seem like a big deal, but I think it models a feeling of community to the students and sends a great message to the kids ("We're here when you need us"). I'm so glad we found Del Sur!

Great school, WONDERFUL, CARING PRINCIPLE, should I say more?... We feel so lucky to come here!

Del Sur Elementary school is a fantastic school in a lovely community. The school staff is making a big effort to get the best out of our kids. Principal Mr. Doug Johnson is very "visible" and 100% devoted to this school. We feel so welcome and blessed to be a student at DSES!

We moved to Del Sur mainly because of this elementary school and we have not been disappointed. The principle, teachers and parent involvement are outstanding and the fact that both of my kids love going to school everyday and love learning is great testimony.

Del Sur Elementary is a wonderful school with great opportunities for the children to explore and grow their talents. I feel so fortunate to be able to have my child going to the school.

Love love love Del Sur! There is such a sense of community and working together to give out children the best childhood they can have. "It takes a village" and this is our village!!!

Last modified Del Sur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.