Bad
Good

As a retired school administrator, I am occasionally asked to fill in at a school when there is an administrative vacancy and I have enjoyed these opportunities to reconnect with teachers and students. Currently, I am the Interim Principal for Innovation Middle School in the San Diego Unified School District. I have been amazed at the student and faculty teamwork, quality of instruction, student-centered approaches to teaching and learning, character development emphasis, and systematic STEM and technology implementation. Students are polite, caring and dedicated to their studies. All of the staff, certificated and classified, work together as a cohesive team to assure the best outcomes for students, and community agencies and businesses support them in so many invaluable ways. This middle school is remarkable in its devotion to the students' success as young scholars and contributing members of the global community.

Innovation could possibly be the best middle school in the state, but as a current student, I believe the school could use more watch and security. Nothing in this school is a accurate truth. For example, the physical education was said to have a wide array of sports students could choose from, but turns out that is only about once every grading period. I will not lie, the staff is great, but the students need great improvement.

iMiddle is a fantastic middle school. From the principal to the teachers to the support staff, everyone is caring, involved and nuturing. They have a zero tolerance policy on bullying which they actually enforce. The two times my son had a physical bullying incidence, it was handled promptly and appropriately. My son is a very strong academic student and this school met his needs. I love the use of technology to enhance the students' learning. The academic expectations for students is high at iMiddle. I am sad that my son's time at this school is over, however, he is very well prepared for high school as a result of his middle school years at Innovation Middle School!

This is our first year at Innovation Middle. I am thrilled with everything I ahve seen so far. The principal and staff are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, the teachers respond promptly to any email concerns, and the I like how everything is run at that this school. I am delighted that my son is attending this school! My son loves it as well and excited to go to school each day. It was a very smooth transition from elementary school to this middle school for him.

My son is a 7th grader attending Innovation Middle, he seems to enjoy it and I can't think of anything negative. The teachers are very involved and communicate issues well. My son has plenty of homework, so I know he is learning and the focus on technology while intergrating academia is great. My son gets the benefit of face to face instruction plus the added online (3G payed by the school) benefit of surfing the net to research, complete and submit homework. He is learning the independence and motivation needed to take online classes and the different software needed for future success. This is an exceptional school, I fully expect the test scores to rise.

My daughter is in 7th grade at Innovation Middle, and I am so impressed with this school. The principle has implemented the fundamentals of academic structure by 110% !! The teachers are professional, qualified, organized and communicate effectively!!! What a treat!! This school has tremendous leadership, with a stupendous team to follow. I feel fortunate to have this opportunity for my child to learn at this educational level and expertise. I am completely confident that I Middle will prepare my child for high school and college. Thank you for making a difference in our education and giving our children the leadership and inspiration to be successful. With great appreciation, Mrs. Polis

Innovation Middle School has an extremely effective administrative staff that is highly visible and involved. The teachers are experts in their subject areas and are very responsive to parent concerns. Teachers and administrative staff are prompt in dealing with behavior issues. The teachers are quick to return emails and phone calls. If you want a school where a strong discipline policy, a safe and nurturing environment and high academic standards are in place, your choice should be IMiddle. My son went to school there 2 years and we were very satisfied.

iMiddle is a wonderful school. My daughter attended two years there. It is a nice quiet neighborhood school located in nice part of Clairemont. A lot of the students who attend this school have parents and even grandparents who grew up in the neighborhood. The teachers, administrators, staff, students and parents are very friendly and are always willing to help one another. The one to one laptop program they have is one of a kind and a great addition to the school. I would highly reccomend this school to all. Come check it out, I am sure you will be amazed.

Innovation Middle (iMiddle) School has been such a blessing to our family for the last 2 years. From the principal to all the teachers at iMiddle have shown an interest in both the academic achievement and the social development of our grandson. With the addition of individual laptops this year for each student, the learning process has caught up with the technology available and learning became a new and exciting experience for him. Our grandson was part of this years iMiddle East Coast Trip and gained a new appreciation for the history of his country. Our family would like to thank Innovation (iMiddle) School for the wonderful experience our grandson had during his 2 years there.

My son attends Innovation. It is a great school even the teachers, especially Mr. Samaniego, he is a great English teacher, and my son has an A in his class.

Last modified Innovation Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.