San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 07, 2014
I was a student at mtm and it was awful. the teachers didn't teach at all, all they did was push worksheets and homework in front of you and expect you to get it right. the teacher let all the students run wild and when they threatened to keep us after class they didn't do anything to stop us from leaving. not all teachers were like this some actually tried to help us but that doesn't make up for all the other bad teachers
8 people found this helpful

Millennial Tech Middle School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
My son is a current student at mtm as a 6th grader. New school, new friends, new understanding of how class periods work, he started the year off as a "below average" student. I was shocked! My son may not be dougie houser, but he for sure is an advanced student! Last year in the 5th grade he was a straight A and B student, GATE classes and was student Vice President! I can't understand where we went wrong?!?! I almost never hear from his teachers about any trouble failing classes, and his report cards are almost all F's!! Not to mention the front office staff are very rude, and now he has wasted his 1st year as a middle school student! There was supposed to be a field trip to Catalina Island at the end of year, we did all kinds of fundraising for months!! Than all of a sudden they cancel it and nothing is compensated for all the effort used to raise the money for my son's "individual" Catalina savings account. To this day he has yet to go on ANY field trip at all!!! I am also very disappointed about no 6th grade camp too! No 6th grade camp? I feel very mislead by this school and will not be allowing him to continue to the 7th grade here.

Posted August 14, 2012
After 2nd year of having my son attend this school, I have decided its time to move on to another school. There are a couple of issues with this school. Great principle, however the teachers employed there are mediocre at best. There were way too many surprises when it came to my kid's grades. One week his online grades are great, the next week, the grades aren't posted, and then the week afterwards he's failing....Noone bothered to email or call..I go to the school and it seems like everything is going perfect in his classes..at least thats what im being told, and then 2 weeks later a report card comes out and he's doing terrible! I would have to say that the teachers here have been around a while and some do care, but there are a few who seems like they are just waiting to retire. I sat in my kid's class numerous times and with 33+ kids and 1 teacher, I couldn't hear anything she was teaching! There is way too much of what I call Online learning at this school and not enough of get up and teach to the students like a traditional school does. I see the API of this school, but really wonder.. I appreciate everything they have done for my kid, but its not enough for my standards.

Posted June 25, 2012
i'm actually a graduated student from Millennial Tech and i can say there is like 1 good teacher but they rest does not care about you they assign homework and expect you to be finished with it the next day when we have 7 other classes that has homework, in PE you have to do journals and essays. like what happen to just working out. the vice principle literally gives referrals for the smallest things. like if your shirt is untugged. grades are only put in when teachers feel like putting them in. teachers especially the Spanish teacher doesn't reply back to you email within a day. it takes her about 3 days up to a week just to reply. teachers have no control over there class. kids do whatever they want whenever they want. my mom came and sat in my Spanish class and she was not happy how the teacher just let our class run wild she had to ask for her attention more that 5 times, she started counting for time owing after school and kids still did what they pleased. then my sister came for the whole day and she said she didn't want to come back they kids were wild. and she just hated they classes and she's in college.

Posted March 24, 2012
The principal is just a figure she has no pull at all no matter how nice she is...the teachers give all the homework they want no restrictions. The principal can't control that or the grades. Even if the principal knows the teacher is wrong. The teachers here seem to be "culturally challenged" .most of them can't even send an e-mail, spell correctly, or update Zangle or Moodle. When a student misses assignments 98% of teachers do not inform the parent! My concern is that teachers don't respond to e-mail as they should. I emailed one teacher for four weeks. NO RESPONSE. Zangle is never up to date . The physical ed teacher gives homework, essays, journals and reports. Since when do kids have to do? What happened to good ole exercise? When I enrolled my child in their school they were all promised netbooks to assist with homework. First of all they didn't receive them until 7th grade, 2nd thing is they are not monitored at all so your kid can do whatever they want on them. No restrictions. I don't want my child to attend for 8th grade.. I am desperately searching for a school that will care about my child as a person not a money maker for the darn system. The kids are suffering.

Millennial Tech Middle School 3

Posted March 23, 2012
My son attends this school, he's now in the 7th grade ... he started this school in the 6th grade after completing Johnson Elementary. The principal is dynamite, however I can not really say the same for the teachers. The teachers here seem to be "culturally challenged" ... and seem unable to 'spark' the children, never mind 'illuminating' them. Perhaps some Ruby Payne techniques need to learned and applied ... or maybe some Marzano training. Over the past few months i sat in a couple of classes ... B O R I N G! ... Anyway, my son will attend next year, as I'd like to seem him graduate with his class.

Posted December 16, 2011
My son started in 6th grade this year, the teacher here is not concerning about student at all. They have interactive white board that the student sit in the back cannot see at all, and the teacher don't bother to ask if the student can see it or not. Student misses assignment the teacher and the school don't even inform the parent. I regret that I send my son here!

Millennial Tech Middle School 5

Posted November 15, 2011
I am actually a student at MTM and it is a great school. Even though it is hard to get A's you can try and you will get an easy A. It is the BEST SCHOOL EVER. I could say a lot more about this school, but I want to stop here.

Posted June 01, 2011
WORST school ever. They treat the 7th graders horribly. Only 1 field trip and most were not able to go. Many say "The sixth grade teaching is amazing". They truly do not care about other grades. Teachers do not teach, and the "Zero tolerance policy" is just a scare. Theirs been students expelled and were allowed to come back on "good" behavior. All they do is play around and fight. They say 3 suspensions and we start talking about you visiting another school. I know many students that have been suspended 8 times and expelled 2 times and came back to school. If your a parent TRUST ME. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE ALL THEY WILL DO IS FAIL AND BE FED LIES!

Posted May 15, 2011
This is my oldest daughters 2nd year at MTM and my youngest 1st year. The first year of MTM (2010) was a great year, although the school's promise of laptops was not kept. During this past year, 2011, the school has seriously let both my children, myself & husband down: The new teachers seem to not care as much for their students academic success, as oppose to the original teachers, who challenged their students academically. I was told that the previous "good" teachers have "gone on to different schools", from my daughter. The school has also overshot their promises, yet again, to their students and parents regarding laptops/ipod touch/parent connect (updated & available to check students progress & homework)/ & proper teacher communication, yet sadly MTM kept none of these promises! Sadly, the teachers seem far too overwhelmed with the numereous behavioral issues of the students within their classes; and those children eager to listen, learn & behave both suffer & are often neglected (as both of my daughters experienced), spite many attempts to communicate with both principle & teachers. We, unfortunately, have chosen NOT to have hour children return to MTM next year.

Millennial Tech Middle School
1110 Carolina Lane, San Diego, CA  92102
Last modified Millennial Tech Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millennial Tech Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top