Posted May 22, 2014
My son is attending the online version of the school. He has had the same teacher for the past two years who calls almost every morning to check up on him and see how things are going. Whenever he has troubles, he is able to have an instant chat with any of the online teachers. They have been great. When he was very behind in Math, they helped him by giving him summer school with only the remaining assignments being due. The student has to be self motivated and be able to follow through. If the student cannot work without supervision, they would be better off at another school. Other than that, this is a perfect school for students who do not wish to go to the typical public high school.

iHigh Virtual Academy 2

Posted March 06, 2014
This school is ok. Whenever you get a few assignments behind the teacher are very quick to tell EVERYONE your business (even to other students), its quite embarrassing. Although there is a few nice and helpful the est are quite rude and unwilling to help. I've always been a good student in school and i've always earned good grades but since i've been here i feel very unsafe in the area and unmotivated to learn. a

Posted May 31, 2013
Excellent school with dedicated teachers, students and staff. I appreciate the 1:1 access, it's like having a personal tutor. Better than sitting in a class with 40 other kids trying to get my questions answered.

Posted April 22, 2013
We are SO happy with this school, and that we made the decision to enroll our 10th grade daughter here. We knew that she was not performing as well as she could at our neighborhood school that is very overcrowded. She was just not getting very distracted and was not getting the help that she needed. She has been at iHigh for about 2 weeks and we have seen significant improvement in both her grades and confidence. She is learning the invaluable tool of becoming a independent/virtual learner, which is so important today. When she needed help in Algebra I drove her down (their teachers are available 8-3 each day) to get help. She was beaming telling me that she had TWO teachers sit with her until she understood the concept. We are a military family and also appreciate that *most* high schools within San Diego Unified partner with iHigh so that students can dual enroll for extra credits or credit recovery to help meet graduation requirements when PCSing state to state. I love that the administration really GETS that one size does NOT fit all when it comes to education. If you have a high school student that is struggling, I highly recommend giving iHigh a chance.

iHigh Virtual Academy 1

Posted March 05, 2013
Seems like the teachers at this school have no grasp on the reality of high school students. Take a walk around San Diego High School and you will have an idea how it really is today. The teachers are fine if all involvement is over the computer.

iHigh Virtual Academy 1

Posted December 26, 2012
As an honor roll student, I felt the teachers were more concerned about themselves than the students. The principal seems to lack the experience working with high school students.

Posted May 24, 2011
My son is going to be graduating in a couple of weeks from ihigh. I have paid thousands of dollars to private schools throughout his life and never received the individual attention that we have at ihigh. We love this school and I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for something flexible for their child while keeping the highest quality of education.

iHigh Virtual Academy
2375 Congress St., San Diego, CA  92110
Last modified iHigh Virtual Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
iHigh Virtual Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.