Posted April 30, 2014
Every child should be so lucky as to have the opportunity to attend a school such as San Diego Global Vision Academy. And any parent or student that I've spoken to from SDGVA is as crazy in love with it as my child and I are. Not only do the teachers do an exceptional job of teaching our children, they also nurture their students in every possible way. And this includes the entire staff. The school environment is very structured, yet very loving and accommodating. They address every student as an individual and attend to their specific needs. The school is a very diverse group, yet they all come together like a family. Every child thrives there. My son started in fourth grade, the year the school opened. He is my fourth child, and until then all my children had attended parochial schools, which we have always been happy with. It was sort of a fluke how it came to be that he gave this school a try that year, but he's never looked back. He loves the teachers, the staff, students, his studies. He is engaged in school in every respect. SDGVA should be the model upon which all schools are based. My heart is filled with gratitude for all this school has offered my son.

Posted April 30, 2014
SDGVA is an amazing school because the architecture of leader building techniques based on virtues and principles we all value and want our children to learn and become the future we hope for. This requires a watchful eye on every students interactions and achievements to identify areas that need improvement and implementing modern well planned techniques to provide a safe social structured environment that the children can thrive to be more and more importantly desire to do more and achieve goals they didn't know they could. I have carefully observed the progress of my three children and am very pleased we found SDGVA.

Posted April 30, 2014
SDGVA is by far the greatest school in San Diego! As an educator and former home school teacher, we were looking for a great school to meet our family's changing needs. From day one we experienced intelligent, caring, beyond capable, amazing teachers and staff of top quality to help our children transition and flourish. Great success comes with great leadership and there is no success without a successor. Principle Harris and Educational Provost Kane have this vision and provide a solid leadership foundation for the support and success of their teachers, staff, students, and parents both collectively and as individuals. Parents have many opportunities to be involved to attend monthly family dinner nights, help in the classroom, or go on field trips. They regularly provide feedback on behavior, achievement, assessment, areas of need, and goals for advancement. The curriculum is balanced, and rich with writing, reading and STEM emphasis. Students participate in Tae Kwon Do, organic gardening, Science Lab, and leadership activities, and as our daughter says, " helps us work to use our skills and resources so we can learn new and interesting things in a fun and exciting way."

Posted April 29, 2014
Success! My children are given enough encouragement and direction to enjoy learning and be successful at what ever they put their minds to do. I love the teachers, staff and everyone in-between they really do operate with a common goal. Help students succeed

Posted April 28, 2014
I have been involved in education as a teacher and parent, both in private and public schools for more than 30 years. San Diego Global Vision Academy is a superior school. The staff is very loving and dedicated to guiding each student academically as well as in learning life skills. The personal commitment I have observed from the teachers and support staff is extraordinary. When I step on the campus and observe student behavior, I am impressed with the respect I see demonstrated by the students in their interaction with staff, parents and fellow students. The school environment is challenging and positive, encouraging each student to work hard and achieve their best. Learning about good citizenship and leadership are essential lessons taught at SDGVA. Learning that success is the result of motivation, goal setting, self-discipline and hard work is important in the daily learning as well. My own daughter has learned that she is accountable in every way for her words and actions towards others. There is an overall feeling that "I'm worth it and I will try my best" at SDGVA. There is a strong feeling on campus of "connected-ness", belonging together as team, as a community.

Posted April 26, 2014
SDGVA by far is one of the best Charter schools in San Diego County. The parent student ratio is awesome. The staff is wonderful and very respectful of each family educational needs and the staff also knows each student and parents by name. If your child does not have an Individualized Educational Plan the teachers are still available to help each child as though they did have one. Extra help is always available to all students rather in the morning, after school or on a Saturday your child will get the help that they need. I love everything about SDGVA from the time I drop my Children off to the time that I pick them up I know that they are in a safe place that is full of love, joy and excitement. When I look at San Diego Global Vision Academy I know that my children is getting quality educational like that of a private school with out the cost. My children enjoy one of the Tae Kwon Doe programs that is part of the weekly school schedule it gives them a chance to burn of extra energy. They also enjoy the free extracurricular activities that are part of the 6 to 6 program Flag Football and Basketball these sports gives them a chances to do a sport that some families can't afford.

Posted April 25, 2014
SDGVA has been a blessing to my family and my children. My children transferred in midyear 2 years ago and both of them were welcomed with open arms. My children have individual academic needs and SDGVA has found ways to accommodate both of my children. They challenge my child who surpasses his grade level and offers amazing support to my child who needs extra strategies to learn. They treat my children as unique individuals and get to know them as people and love them as their own. My children look forward to school. They are eagar to learn. The teacher's and administration are always avalible to parents to aide in "problems". This school has helped my children not only with academic hurdles but personal hurdles. They care about the children as a whole person. I highly recommend this school. I always recommend this school to new neighbors that move in. Even though we have to commute to the school I think the school is worth the extra time spent in the car. The amazing education and teachers are worth the commute for my children. Anyone that can get their children into this school have an amazing opportunity and their children will get an amazing education.

Posted April 24, 2014
I can't say enough great things about SDGVA! I moved to CA almost 2 years ago during the summer and right away enrolled my oldest daughter in the 2nd grade class (luckily there was an opening). Now both of my children are there and both are both excelling and couldn't be happier! One of my children is in Transitional Kindergarten, so she is a young 5, and is reading at a 1st grade level already. The teachers are a text, phone call or e-mail away which I did not experience with a traditional public school. The Administrative team knows my children by name which is extremely comforting, and they do everything they can to accommodate a single mom who has to work, which is way more than I could ever ask for! They have mandatory weekly Tae-Kwon-Do with an awesome instructor who teaches them discipline and integrity. I recently started working in the Carmel Valley area which is known for it's incredible schools, but I can't bare to take my girls out of SDGVA!! I'm a proud mommy!!

Posted April 23, 2014
SDGVA is a progressive collaborative of innovative educators and enthusiastic administrators dedicated to the individual excellence of every student, and supports students and their families through open-door policy, accessibility and ease of communication with all staff members, SDGVA-teacher run 6 to 6 Program and Saturday School. Experiential learning through community building service projects, gardening, Tae Kwon Do, science/technology labs, and field trips to the colleges in the city, inspire and motivate our students as resilient life-long learners - empowering them to become responsible, accountable, contributing leaders. Critical thinking and writing skills are honed across all academic disciplines. In this technological age of massively available, self-published, instantaneous communication, this compassionate group of savvy education professionals is guaranteeing that SDGVA students will undoubtedly "Write the Future!"

Posted April 22, 2014
I chose to work at SDGVA because in working with the group of founding members, I finally found a supportive and driven group of educators who found a way to put children first. I've worked with some wonderful teachers and taught at another great charter school, but for the first time in my career I am able to stand alongside other educators developing the our vision, learning together, growing as professionals and individuals, creating a school FOR KIDS. SDGVA embodies everything I believe is important about education: our mission to creating resilient, lifelong learners, our focus on service learning and writing, our emphasis on tae kwon do and self control, and our belief as individuals, as a teaching staff, and as an entity that ALL students have the potential to succeed. I've never been happier or felt so motivated as a professional. Working alongside such amazing and motivated educators who are genuinely excited to teach our children keeps me motivated and makes getting up each morning and showing up for work "worth it."

San Diego Global Vision Academy
3430 School Street, San Diego, CA  92116
Last modified San Diego Global Vision Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Diego Global Vision Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top