Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

This will be my son's third year at Coleman (SET High School). Each year has been better than the last. There is so much innovation happening at this school that I feel so lucky to have found it for my son. He is VERY into computers, technology and gaming and not so much into sports or social media. He did not want to go to a large school and our options were limited. Coleman was a godsend. He loves the smaller classes, the close relationships with the teachers and administrators. The staff truly knows each kid by name and there is a very accepting and safe environment that lets kids express themselves without fears of being singled out or bullied. He even convinced 2 of his friends from a large high school to enroll this year. The other nice thing about the school is the relationships they have built with local tech companies. This year they spent an entire day at Northrup Gruman and this year will be competing in a "cyber patriot" program sponsored by NG to learn about cyber security. Dr. McCurdy, the new principal, is implementing, many new and exciting programs to rebrand the school as the first Entrepreneurial high school for Technology. He is truly dedicated to these kids and the school. He has been great at informing and including the parents on all of these exciting changes. There are regular meetings with the parents (meetings with McCurdy) where parents are encouraged to share ideas and concerns. He is very accessible to the kids and the parents. I am so excited for the coming year and all of the great opportunities that await for my son!!!

This was our son's first year as a freshman. After looking at many HS options we chose Coleman based on the orientation we attended and the fact that it is a smaller school and class size. Initially we were neutral on how the experience was going. Our child seemed to like it and the teachers and staff were very approachable. Early in the school year we were informed Dr. Wahab the principal was leaving and Dr. Curdy was her replacement. This action left us greatly concerned about "what is going on"? We were concerned that we had made a mistake in our choice for HS. We decided to ride it out after Dr. McCurdy called a parent meeting to explain their plan moving forward. Based on previous reviews it appeared the school was a little dysfunctional under Dr. Wahab. We are glad we stuck it out because there seems to be a much more positive direction and guidance under Dr. McCurdy and adding Mr. McClendon to the staff a sense of security. Our son is doing well and really likes the school. We gave him the option to move to another HS but elected to stay at Coleman. He has plenty of homework and projects so it is not a cake walk, but he is showing greater interest in academics than his prior school. Moving forward we think that Coleman was and is the right choice for us. Our son is very bright, smart, and very opinionated(not bragging) and would get lost in a larger school system. This is just right for him.

Develops character: Neutral

As a parent we are not involved with the day to day or actions of other students so can not fairly comment.

Develops character: Disagree

If a person who bullies you goes to a school administrator about bullying you before you tell on them you are the one punished. This is the type of system that establishes a sense of chicanery and unfairness.

I went to this school freshmen to senior year, the only good teachers that I had were Ms. Lowenstein and Ms. Bautista. Ms. Bautista left the school. After leaving Coleman Tech I found that I was completely unprepared for university. When I was going there I fraught tooth and nail against anyone who insulted the school or it's staff. Now, after graduating and reviewing how my high school experience was, I found that even though it was fun to go there, I was woefully unprepared for university. My time there in review was that, this place was fun when it should have been college prepping, it was easy when it should have been rigorous. I was so unprepared for college that I had a professor tell me that I must have lied and cheated to get excepted into their college. In conclusion, I found that grades are relative, your grades may look good here, but in reality you are failing in every regard. Go here if you want to build false sense of confidence in your abilities, abilities that if you got at CTCHS are surely lacking.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because this school has many good people who are hungry for success its hard to not follow. The teachers also encourage us to be the best of our self's

this school has given me an exceptional experience. It is full of great energy and positive influences. The teachers try the best they can to make a connection with the students.

I chose to attend Coleman Tech Charter HIgh School because I wanted to stay in the charter school system having previously attended a charter middle school. CTCHS was a perfect fit for me. I love how it is a smaller school, which made it easier for me to transition into high school. I also like how the classes are set up. The teachers are amazing and strive to make classes fun, yet educational. The way they teach, through different and innovative instruction, makes it so much easier to learn, retain information, and orient ourselves around current events leading to community engagement and civic mindedness. I like CTCHS, and am glad that I chose to attend this school.

I felt the school did a good job of reaching out to all students and creating a learning environment where they could work in classrooms with teachers who took a personal interest in them as students and as human beings. The class size was small so students could receive individual help while also working in groups to learn collaboration. The English 12 teacher was especially innovative in her teaching methods reaching students who may have originally not had a good experience in English. She reached out to the community to provide real world learning and an opportunity for her students to hear from people that may very well employ them in the future. The school provided great information about college going and all the teachers were willing to meet and discuss each students progress anytime. They all communicated well and made sure everyone was well informed about their students work, strengths and needs. I would recommend this school to students and families interested in a school community where the focus is the students, helping them meet their greatest potential.

As a former student of CTCHS, I was appalled by some of the things that went on there. The administration handles some issues terribly, and the academics are nothing to brag about. Teachers are quite lenient about many things, and some of them are deeply unprofessional. The principal, Dr. Wahab, is also extremely unprofessional. There is a very loose curriculum and some of the teachers do not uphold any piece of it. Despite that, these teachers are never held accountable for failing students because they are the friends of Dr. Wahab. Classes are far too simple and, therefore, the students do not learn to their potential. I found myself unsatisfied with coursework very often. THERE IS NO BOOK READING IN ENGLISH 12. Seniors in English 12 are NOT required to read or report on any books. How is that college prep? There were once very good teachers there, when I started during my sophomore year, but their positions were terminated at the end of that year. Those were arguably the best teachers on campus. Unsurprisingly, all of Dr. Wahab's friends still hold their teaching position. Dr. Wahab's close friend is the English 12 teacher that has NO CURRICULUM. The administration is skewed quite badly. I would NOT recommend this school to potential high school students. It is unorganized and the learning structure is poor. There are some very great and honest teachers there, but they are not the majority anymore. The growing school has good intentions, but the execution of said intentions are poor, and all and all do not benefit the students in the long run.

Last modified Coleman Tech Charter High School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.