9-12 & Ungraded
San Diego, CA
After care: No

Coleman Tech Charter High School 2

Posted August 19, 2015
As a former student of CTCHS, I was appalled by some of the things that went on there. The administration handles some issues terribly, and the academics are nothing to brag about. Teachers are quite lenient about many things, and some of them are deeply unprofessional. The principal, Dr. Wahab, is also extremely unprofessional. There is a very loose curriculum and some of the teachers do not uphold any piece of it. Despite that, these teachers are never held accountable for failing students because they are the friends of Dr. Wahab. Classes are far too simple and, therefore, the students do not learn to their potential. I found myself unsatisfied with coursework very often. THERE IS NO BOOK READING IN ENGLISH 12. Seniors in English 12 are NOT required to read or report on any books. How is that college prep? There were once very good teachers there, when I started during my sophomore year, but their positions were terminated at the end of that year. Those were arguably the best teachers on campus. Unsurprisingly, all of Dr. Wahab's friends still hold their teaching position. Dr. Wahab's close friend is the English 12 teacher that has NO CURRICULUM. The administration is skewed quite badly. I would NOT recommend this school to potential high school students. It is unorganized and the learning structure is poor. There are some very great and honest teachers there, but they are not the majority anymore. The growing school has good intentions, but the execution of said intentions are poor, and all and all do not benefit the students in the long run.

Posted May 21, 2015
CTCHS states that they are a "college going and beyond" school, Well my son just got a 4 year scholarship to San Diego State University because of the wonderful education he received to CTCHS. Do not let the word Charter fool you, THIS IS A FREE SCHOOL. Like you, we looked long and hard for the right high school to send our son too. We have raised 3 kids and have 20 years of high school experiences here in San Diego because of our kids age differences, We have even done home school because the normal district schools could not provide a safe, proactive learning environment. So we knew what we wanted in a high school. I was really impressed by the fact that the teachers all had college degrees in the subjects they were teaching. Most had two degrees!!. But after meeting with Dr Wahab MD and Dr McCurdy PH.D we knew that we had found the right school. Over the last 4 years he has had full support from the teachers and staff. The small class sizes are a huge advantage for personalized input from the teachers. As a parent the staff is easy to talk to and have a lot of caring when it comes to your child. It is a good fit for any type of student. Dr Wahab's has built a wonderful school, and her free "FOCUS" nights where she teaches you about the various college systems, costs, financing, prepping your student and gives you the inside track from the admission people themselves, was indispensable in planning our sons path to college. I highly recommend this school and its wonderful staff.

Posted May 12, 2015
This school has a great facet on technology. Having been built a few years before, this is one of the most modern and updated schools in the area. If you want to do something with technology, this is the school for you!

Posted March 17, 2015
After joining the Coleman Tech community, my self esteem and confidence has incredibly boosted. Coleman Tech paves a bright path that many teenagers need to be led to begin walking on, builds the sense of community the psyche craves, and provides a safe place for those who are commonly known as outcasts.

Posted March 16, 2015
My daughter started Coleman Tech for her 10th grade year. She is an above average student who enjoys learning. Unfortunately, the large public school she attended for her 9th grade did not have the resources/opportunities to help students who were above "state avg"...because she was not in fear of failing, she was unable to get the help she needed in order to continue to excel. At Coleman Tech, this is not an issue at all. There are options for help everyday!!! With the school being smaller, she has also got to enjoy playing all the sports offered. This helped her gain friends and confidence while still exceeding in her classes. The staff are all helpful and prompt to answer any questions I have.

Posted September 09, 2014
My boys just started the 9th grade this year and they are actually excited about get up and out the door for school in the morning. As a parent this is HUGE. My boys have never been interested in sports and have had a hard time fitting in at other schools because of it. They feel very comfortable at Coleman Tech and I love that the kids are encouraged to be themselves and pursue what interests them not what others think they should be doing. I also like that the smaller school atmosphere where teachers and students can really get to know each other. I would highly recommend parents to check out Coleman Tech!!

Coleman Tech Charter High School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
Coleman Tech is...a great school, you have the opportunity to make new friends and have AMAZING teachers. I love it there, sometimes i wished it was like a regular high school, like football, cheer, stuff like that. But at the end of the day i know i made the right decision to go to Coleman Tech Charter High School. :)

Coleman Tech Charter High School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
Wow my child has an IEP and I feel that teachers and Resource don't even get together and talk about a plan for my child. It seems that the teachers feel like they don't even have to address the IEP and just go on as business as usual. Maybe one good Federal lawsuit will do the job.

Coleman Tech Charter High School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
Has such potential and could be such a great school. I bought my kids to this school with high hopes and have been let down is some pretty significant ways. For one, I worry about my kids and how there days is going every day due to the fact that they have both been threatened by other students and the school did nothing to help me. I had to get the school police involved after so many times of not getting the help I need and the officer actually had to instruct Dr. Wahab (sp) to do something about it. I'm not really sure who is in charge over there because it's not the principal who actually gave on of my kids to leave campus one day without my knowledge or convent. I've left notes for teachers to call me back to discuss grades, only to hear nothing back from them. I'm scrolling through all these great reviews for this school and wondering, why is our experience so different? We're just normal people who wart our kids to get a good education and high school experience like they deserve. It's been challenging to say the least :(

Posted October 22, 2013
Great School! Very impressed with the staff and their dedication to our kids. We highly recommend Coleman Tech to any parent that is out there looking for a good school, for their children.

Coleman Tech Charter High School
3540 Aero Court, San Diego, CA  92123
Last modified Coleman Tech Charter High School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coleman Tech Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top